December 9, 2022
How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.2.1]

How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.2.1]

Posted November 30, 2010 at 1:12am · 43 comments · Add Comment
Mauricio Andrade
Mauricio Andrade - December 1, 2010 at 8:38pm
Mine is taking too long in step 11... did you guys took too long as well... about 5 mins fething the iPad data and then it's still sutck in waiting for reboot for the past 10 mins or so.... not sure what to do... any ideas????
Mauricio Andrade
Mauricio Andrade - December 2, 2010 at 9:19am
I've got it done! Had to cancle my first attempt that was taking too long and tried again... the second time it worked well....
sharphu
sharphu - December 1, 2010 at 11:58am
great it worked, first try did not work cos i did not select the “Install iPad baseband”. but go through everything again it worked brilliant thanks for the dev team guys' hard work and detailed instructions all the best
ichmau
ichmau - December 3, 2010 at 12:03am
hey why didn`t work at first? what was the probelm? I want to know if it`s the same I`m having thanks
tennsmith7
tennsmith7 - November 30, 2010 at 9:10am
Hey I found a fairly easier way for this one. This website www.pwnageme.com is really helpful. It successfully JB and unlocked my iPhone 3G.
tman
tman - December 1, 2010 at 9:27am
I went to that site. It asks "Activation yes/no". Can you advise what that means?
tennsmith7
tennsmith7 - December 26, 2010 at 8:54pm
Yes, that is asking if you want to hacktivate your iPhone or not. So if you hacktivate you wont need an AT&T SIM and connect it to iTunes. It will already be done when your iPhone boots In my case I need to activate because I am not an AT&T user, I bought my iPhone from eBay.
Boo
Boo - November 30, 2010 at 5:16am
WRONG LINK. In article there is link to redsn0w 0.9.6b4 not 0.9.6b5, so grab it here instead: http://iphoneroot.com/iphone-dev-team-releases-redsn0w-0-9-6b5-for-unlockers/print/
Skaven
Skaven - November 30, 2010 at 3:20am
Do eney body cnown if resenär support iPad whit 4.2.1 i only wanto jailbreak // Sorry about My spelning i'm Dyslectik //
Saurabh Khaira
Saurabh Khaira - November 30, 2010 at 2:53am
I hv an iphone 3G 8 GBI upgraded to 4.2.1 using redsn0w and the firmware provided here. Post which I unlocked with ultrasn0w last night. Now my battery drainage has gone up drastically. It's going to 0 in 2-3 hours. NEE URGENT HELP.
Amanda
Amanda - November 25, 2010 at 10:16pm
Is this jailbreak tethered or untethered?
FFA
FFA - November 25, 2010 at 7:24am
Please help me I install the new ios 4.2.1 and I flow all the steps and sucsess but the problem with ultrasn0w not work what should I do please thank you
Carlos
Carlos - November 27, 2010 at 1:01pm
Read what the text says: DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU RELY ON CARRIER UNLOCK. Wait until Ultrasn0w is fixed. You can jailbreak now, but you CANNOT UNLOCK yet.
nazarov
nazarov - November 25, 2010 at 2:57am
Why I need to save shsh blobs ? I have 3G locked with 05.14.02 should I follow this tutorial or I need to wait for version with using saved blobs?
Susan Brouse
Susan Brouse - November 24, 2010 at 7:57pm
Okay, I can follow these steps. In fact i have followed them before when i originally jailbroke my 3G - which leads to my question: I have a 3G, jailbroken and unlocked (I am not reliant on unlock but have used it when I travel - I can therefore jailbreak at 4.2 and wait patiently for an unlock) 4.0 ios, bb 5.13.04, my shsh blobs are saved up to 4.01 on Cydia So do I upgrade to 4.2 prior to following these steps? If yes, should I choose the "restore" tab? In which case will I lose all my app settings? (i lost them all the last time I did this) Many thanks for your expertise and clear instructions Sue