January 29, 2023
WARNING: Updating to iPad Baseband for iPhone Unlock May Disable Your GPS

WARNING: Updating to iPad Baseband for iPhone Unlock May Disable Your GPS

Posted December 2, 2010 at 3:16pm · 37 comments · Add Comment
francois
francois - December 3, 2010 at 9:03am
i have update to base band 6.15 it works god for 2 days and now i'm blockked in dfu mode and cant restart nor restore nor update,so what can i do now to repare my iphone .i have a 3 g .thaks
Solomon
Solomon - December 3, 2010 at 7:06am
Not working. It gets signal onkly for 1sec and than dissapears. Please work on it dev-team.
mat
mat - December 3, 2010 at 6:12am
wow these bastards ... they really have problem with their egos. Thought would finally update from 3.1.2 but with this .... no ....... way ... too bad Pandora does not work. Evil bad Apple !
deaf
deaf - December 4, 2010 at 3:48pm
wow, still on 3.1.2 and and complaining wholeheartedly about the problems of 4.2.1??? something tells me you have no intention to ever leave 3.1.2 (until it stops getting supported) if you chose to ignore other STABLE firmwares like 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 which are both jailbreakable + unlockable.
Selva
Selva - December 3, 2010 at 6:04am
I jailbreaked and unlocked my 3gs 4.1 bb to 6.15. all are working perfectly including GPS. mine is a old bootrom, i am sure whether it is due to that.
DeadKid
DeadKid - December 3, 2010 at 1:40am
Yep GPS not working (iPhone 3G by the way....)
saurabh khaira
saurabh khaira - December 2, 2010 at 10:49pm
I hv an iphone 3g 8gb. post JB with redsn0w and unlock with ultrasn0w, everything worked fine. even the GPS is working. but as soon i use the GPRS or wifi to access internet the battery starts to drain very fats. it went from 100 to 0 in flat 4 hours when i just kept the GPRS on (enable 3G) and was not even accessing the net. I believe some bug which keeps accessing the net and drains the battery, DEV team pls come out with a fix for this immediately. Thanks.
Ben
Ben - December 3, 2010 at 2:03am
I have the same problem. I have an iPhone 3G on tmobile network (so I can't use 3G speeds). After I updated to FW 4.2.1 and BB 6.15. My battery drains within 3-5 hrs. When all I've done is text two Sentences. So far GPS works fine.
Mud vicious
Mud vicious - December 3, 2010 at 5:18am
Same thing happen with mine, GPS is working normally. but the battery drains very fast even without the location service & data service is on. i'm using iphone 3G iOS4.1 BB06.15 unlock with ultrasnow & Jb with Redsnow 0.9.6b5. DEV TEAM please do the magic again :)
Daniel
Daniel - December 3, 2010 at 5:59am
Same here, have a 3gs with 4.1 and 06.15, unlocked, gps is working fine but my battery drains out over night in standby. after one short call, 4-5 min the battery went down 20%. would be happy for some fix :)
neonshad0w
neonshad0w - December 2, 2010 at 10:34pm
It seems like with every new firmware, Apple is getting closer and closer to winning the battle.
tigres
tigres - December 2, 2010 at 3:40pm
Why anyone would want to do this Frankenstein hack is really beyond me. I am surprised the Dev team even released it.
qwerty
qwerty - December 2, 2010 at 3:51pm
No-one is forcing you to install it.
Nettwerk
Nettwerk - December 2, 2010 at 6:37pm
Dev-Team warned before.
Zeroc
Zeroc - December 2, 2010 at 3:34pm
I updated my 3gs to BB 6.15.00. GPS is working fine for but it now it doesn't point to exactly where im located but the GPS function itself is functioning well.
Frank
Frank - December 2, 2010 at 3:43pm
uh, maybe cause its using cellular triangulation
Zeroc
Zeroc - December 2, 2010 at 4:14pm
hmmm. makes sense since gps works when i load up a SIM. doesnt work without a SIM
SteveJ
SteveJ - December 2, 2010 at 3:33pm
Now you tell me!!! WTF? I'm lost in the wilderness woods here in Palo Alto.... can't find my way out..