No LTE iPhone Until 2012?

No LTE iPhone Until 2012?

rbs2000 - April 23, 2011 at 7:58am
It really doesnt matter if you are with att,att doesnt have unlimited data anymore. So what the point of havin 4G you can even use it. 2gig give me a break. Thats the only thing I hate about att..limiting you on data ..Will att ever go back to unlimited data plan? Fucking suck
JL - April 22, 2011 at 7:04pm
Why does this serve as a big surprise to many? The powers that be have been hinting at this for awhile now. Besides, it\'s best to wait until a totally new iPhone drops next year anyway. The iP5 is nothing but an improved iP4. If you have an iP4 and don\'t do much photography, or care how fast your phone is, the iP5 is really a waste of money. Just wait until next year. Of course we don\'t know the specs, but the only highlights I see are the 8MP camera and the A5 chip. Big whoop **note sarcasm** My Verizon iP4 is doing just fine and I can wait until next year. Guys, don\'t get upset and think your purchase wasn\'t worth it. The iP4 really is a superior smartphone and you should just wait. Now, an iPhone on the Verizon LTE would be FIRE. I\'ve been on Verizon for 1 month now and started out w/ the Thunderbolt. The phone and Android sucked, but the LTE speeds were as good as my mid-level internet package I had w/ Qwest. Actually, sometimes faster on the upstream/downstream via speedtest.net. Switched back to iPhone (left att and had the iP4) and I don\'t even miss the LTE... but it would be nice on an iPhone, lol.
Oliver - April 22, 2011 at 5:27pm
LTE? Big whoop!
Tibian - April 22, 2011 at 3:59pm
this makes me want to find all the people posting about how i was an \"idiot for buying the verizon iphone on release when the LTE version will be released in a few months\" and slap them in the face. now they\'re not going to get the LTE version for a year AFTER me, that is assuming they sign a 2 year contract to get the new iphone in September. i hope this is confirmed, and it sounds pretty reasonable.
e71wpg - April 22, 2011 at 5:28pm
You\'re still a fool for buying a CDMA iPhone. Do you not understand how crappy that technology is? HSPA/+ is the only way to go. What a waste of money. Plus you can\'t EVER transfer providers. When Verizon shuts down their ancient CDMA network, you\'ll be left with a paperweight. Congratulations, sport.
Tibian - April 22, 2011 at 5:39pm
2.2 million new iphones on verizon\'s network in Q4 alone, doesn\'t seem like they\'ll be shutting down anytime soon. if VZW does shut down, hopefully by that time the iPhone model will be dual band. but you\'re right, when CDMA goes, the iphone i have will be useless. but i\'m not going to let the fear of \"not being able to transfer providers when the network shuts down\" keep me from having a great phone now.
iPhones - April 22, 2011 at 3:56pm