Warning: Do Not Update to 2.2 Firmware

Warning: Do Not Update to 2.2 Firmware

Posted November 21, 2008 at 10:07am by iClarified · 5 comments · Add Comment
pitpat - November 22, 2008 at 1:30am
I am on the same boat. I auto click the update. :(:( please help how to downgrade to 2.1 again?
smellyKen - November 21, 2008 at 2:56pm
Yea, i was so tempted on updated to 2.2. But i knew i should wait until the jailbreak 2.2 is released instead. Luckily :D. I love my jailbreak 2.1 just fine :P
ais - November 21, 2008 at 2:36pm
Hello, after updating to 2.2 my i-smartphone unlock card doesn´t work any more. (iPhone 3g swisscom). I downloaded the firmware 2.1 from this site, but restoring in iTunes with comand + restore always brings error 5. Becarefull or know a working way back! ais
MakesMoves - November 21, 2008 at 11:50am
word on the street is 2.2 is downgrade friendly so give that a shot. when you downgrade you will definately loose your data. sync your important info first. DFU and run with it. Get more info first because I know the 2g can be, but the 3g might as well get more info because 2.2 changes the 3g's baseband so wait a couple hrs if u can afford to. if not drop to 2.1, if its a no go just come back up.
mt - November 21, 2008 at 11:45am
I made the mistake of updating to 2.2 immediately, and it now cannot connect to the mobile network (using a simunlock chip). Is it possible to reverse the update, for example by restoring the iphone to the 2.1 firmware version that you have available on this site? I cannot find a clear guideline on what will be restored, kept, changed, or lost lost if I try to do this. i would appreciate any advice, or a quick explanation of why this would/wouldn't work. Thanks!
Prev 1 of 1 Next