February 21, 2024
How to Unlock the iPhone 3G

How to Unlock the iPhone 3G
Comments (Page 2)

Posted January 30, 2009 at 12:35pm · 744 comments · Add Comment
dinh
dinh - March 20, 2009 at 3:49am
Any thing we can do for base band 02.30.03?
noobe
noobe - March 19, 2009 at 1:16am
You guys rock...
Mike
Mike - March 18, 2009 at 9:12pm
I had updated to the 2.2.1 firmware with the 2.30.03 baseband before ever hearing about this site. I see all the warnings not to but its too late for me. Is there anyway to reverse to the 2.28 baseband or is it too late to unlock my iphone until a new pwnage tool comes out? If anyone has done this it would be very helpful; as I am currently fighting with ATT about the $40 data/month they decided to add to my plan after telling me I didn't have to have it and now they won't remove it. Thanks
jfgonzalez
jfgonzalez - March 15, 2009 at 11:21pm
HEy Carlos,, how did you do it... I have tried so many times and I get NO SIGNAL after I run the yellowsnOw .9.8.. I have tried reseting all settings and nothing. I have tried using all types of ATT SIM cards including the 3G and nothign.. what are you using.? THak you
Carlos
Carlos - March 16, 2009 at 2:12am
Jfgonzales.... I just restored my phone to 2.2. And base band 2.28 then I jailbroke it and the I went to cydia and installed yellow sn0w.. I restarted my phone then it powered up and it said t mobile at the top..I Turn 3g off and turned data roaming on.. I don't know if any of this helps but to me it seemed pretty easy.. MessAge me if u aNt more info I can probably help., but it's too long to type from my phone so yea
michelle
michelle - March 25, 2009 at 10:55am
how did you change your baseband? my is 04.05.04_G. I have my phone already on 2.2 Please help me!
colin_thames
colin_thames - March 26, 2009 at 6:45pm
There doesn't seem to be a solution if you've already upgraded with iTunes. But if you haven't, you can get the 2.1.1 with the lower baseband. Just do a search for 2.1.1 custom ipsw. So long as you've already pwned your iPhone you can upgrade again to a custom 2.1.1 Works like a dream and allows you to run all the latest apps. You'll have to run yellowsn0w again though. Hope this helps.
carlos
carlos - March 15, 2009 at 11:07pm
I unlocked my iphone 3g in about 10 minutes top... its great.. thanks
paolo
paolo - March 14, 2009 at 3:22pm
help dude! i just got my 2nd iphone 3g and its baseband is already 02.30.03.. how can i use yellowsn0w with this? My 1st iphone has the same prob,i got this just 3months earlier. hadnt made any upgrades yet. can i downgrade from 2.30.03 to 2.28.00? help help help..
christina
christina - March 14, 2009 at 7:48am
Hello, I have the iphone 3G 2.2.1, firmware 02.30.03 and I also have the turbo sim. Does anyone know what do I have to do to unlock it? thanks
Manny Lopez
Manny Lopez - March 12, 2009 at 10:59pm
Hey guys save your money on the turbo sims just donate to the dev team instead man its better and they help a lot we have to give the funds too man.....
Manny Lopez
Manny Lopez - March 12, 2009 at 10:57pm
WHEN IS DEV TEAM REALEASING THE NEW YELLOWCAKE JK YELLOWSN0W hurry im suffering hahaaaaa thank you guys...
ARIEL
ARIEL - March 11, 2009 at 1:05am
can anyone knows how to unlock iphone 3g firmware 02.30.03, version 2.2.1? please help, thanks
David
David - March 11, 2009 at 9:16am
No way to do this yet without a TurboSIM
ravi
ravi - March 10, 2009 at 5:54pm
I have 2.28 baseband and 2.2 firmware on my iphone-3G. yellowsn0w I got to unlock is 0.9.8 ! There is no mention of this anywhere. I tried unlocking on ATT to TMo. It worked effortlessly and everything is running great. So wondering whats new in 0.9.8 and why is it not mentioned in the devteams blog ? Is it ok now that I have used 0.9.8 ? Pls comment - Ravi
ravi
ravi - March 10, 2009 at 5:51pm
Adam
Adam - March 7, 2009 at 11:05pm
Credit to Everyone who contributed in this. your are all genuis people. all the best.
Francisco Rodriguez
Francisco Rodriguez - March 7, 2009 at 10:26pm
tank you
Leandro Fonseca
Leandro Fonseca - March 4, 2009 at 8:06pm
Does anyone knows if there is a way to unlock 2.2.1 02.3.00? It is not 02.3.03...
vasco
vasco - March 3, 2009 at 6:03am
Hi, I did the whole process and ended up with 2.2.1 and baseband 1.48.02. But I have no signal. What is happening? What can I do? Please I´m getting desperate? I used Pwnage for the custome firmware, and yellowstone for the unlock. Txs
Justin801
Justin801 - March 1, 2009 at 4:31pm
I tried to unlocked my 3g with 2.2 version and 2.28.00 baseband, everything went okay. But when I put in my Tmobile sim card I get signal but it tell me different sim detected please connect to itunes. Can someone please help.
Ben Lehuu
Ben Lehuu - March 10, 2009 at 2:57pm
Make sure you change in the settings and turn off 3g
Manny Lopez
Manny Lopez - February 27, 2009 at 1:17pm
Hey good morning or evening i just bought this 2 iphone and both of them came with the 2.2.1 firmware and 2.30.03 baseband does anyone know if dev team will come out with this update....
jhon
jhon - March 1, 2009 at 9:25am
just we are wait 1-3 week. Dvteam hurry make 2.2.1 3.30 update
Khanh Linh Pham
Khanh Linh Pham - February 26, 2009 at 8:38pm
Hello all who have 2.2.1 firmware and 2.30.03 Baseband, there is an unlock solution to use ANY SIM you want. It is called the i-Smartphone SIM and you basically place it on top of your sim. This is the ONLY 2.2.1 unlock since a new verison of Yellowsnow does not exist.
Bernard
Bernard - February 26, 2009 at 3:29am
I unlock my 3G iPhone following these same steps. Everything seems to be working just fine except I notice that every once in awhile I get an "Invalid Sim" error message and would have to restart my phone...any idea why that might be? Is anyone else ever run into that same problem? Thanks!
ricardo garita
ricardo garita - March 7, 2009 at 12:45am
It happened to me.. I noticed that when wifi was enabled when the phone is being turned on, the sim wasn`t recognized. Turn off wifi before you restart and that is working for me....
Michael
Michael - February 25, 2009 at 9:18pm
I used the above unlock procedures to unlock my 3G iphone 16G with baseband 2.28 successfully. All the basic phone functions work well. However, for the 3G data connection, it successfully connected only at first attempt. If I want to use the 3G data connection again, I've to turn the iphone into "flying" mode and reset the 3G carrier. Then the 3G connection success again. I'm using Smartone 3G plan in Hong Kong. Please help me to solve this problem. Many many thanks.
Neal
Neal - February 21, 2009 at 11:19pm
I have recently unlocked my iPhone 3G through yellowsn0w and when insert my sim card it shows full signal along with carrier name for few seconds and then it says no service. What should i do ?
Osman Gulseven
Osman Gulseven - February 21, 2009 at 5:55pm
Waav. I followed it exactly and now my iphone works like a magic. Thank you so much to whomever wrote that article. You guyz rock!
JDD
JDD - February 19, 2009 at 12:09am
Anyone able to confirm if unlocking will change iphone imei?
MBB
MBB - February 22, 2009 at 6:18am
no it won't
gabeholbura
gabeholbura - February 19, 2009 at 12:00am
can someone please tell if there is any way to unlock my i phone if i have the 2.30.00 firmware? i updated by mistake and now im stuck and my i phone won't work anymore. please help gabeholbura@yahoo.com
mino
mino - February 19, 2009 at 6:17am
You can buy a sim adapter for 02.30.03 firmware. Find on the web!
freefixkorma
freefixkorma - February 18, 2009 at 1:16pm
hi there by mistake and you can call it ignorance i did not check the warnings about de new version 2.2.1 now i have it on my phone with a BB 02.30.03 the thing that worries me is that in the same tab where al this information is under carrier got this (null) (null) i really dont know what to do can someone give me some hope or can tell the true that kill my phone ,the null-null in the carrier line that worries me please some need some help
Michael
Michael - February 18, 2009 at 12:50am
I used the above method to unlock my US iphone firmware 2.2 with baseband 2.28.00. The basic phone functions work well. However, with my 3G Smartone (Hong Kong) plan, I cannot use the 3G connection to safari and iphone Apps. But the wifi works well after unlock. Please help and suggest solutions. Thanks a million in advance. Regards, Michael
Laurence
Laurence - February 18, 2009 at 9:45pm
Try restarting your phone and go to settings then enable 3G
Michael
Michael - February 18, 2009 at 9:57pm
Hi Lawrence, Many thanks for your suggestion. I've tried to restart and re-enable 3G in the setting of my iphone. But the 3G data connection is still screw up. Thanks anyway. Regards, Michael
ME in Maldives
ME in Maldives - February 13, 2009 at 3:27pm
Thanks Dev Team. iClarified too.. I upgraded my 3G 2.1 (Locked to AT&T) to 2.2.0 (iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw) using iTunes, Jailbreak using Quickpwn, downloaded yellowsn0w and unlocked. Excellent. my 3G works well. No problem.
gabeholbura
gabeholbura - February 19, 2009 at 12:02am
i've tried all that and it wont work because i have the new firmware 2.30 972zd
alleyoops
alleyoops - February 13, 2009 at 3:11pm
How easy can dis be?just unlocked another iphone 3G dat makes 2 in less than a week. thanx to iclarified and d dev team. 4 those having problems, just follow the instruction. Its really simple.
JD
JD - February 11, 2009 at 11:13pm
Will this unlock process change my imei ?
JDD
JDD - February 16, 2009 at 12:49am
Anybody know how to change IMEI for 3G iphone? Is there a 3G ziphone yet
laurence
laurence - February 11, 2009 at 6:52pm
i just tried 5 minutes ago to unlock my iphone 3g 2.2 and everything works fine.so easy to use.now i cane use many network sim cards like O2 UK,Smart philippines.and more.thank you.
minodesign
minodesign - February 11, 2009 at 11:47am
Hi, i have update to 2.2.1, with the new baseband ".30", i installed successiful cydia, but yellowpage can't jailbroke it. The name of my carrier (WIND) don't appear. What i can do? i listen tha i can't downgrade my baseband!!! Thanks
esther
esther - February 11, 2009 at 2:49pm
yeah, you cant downgrade the baseband or anything. the same thing happend to me and alot of people. so we just gotta wait till dev-team comes up with a upgraded yellosn0w that'll work for 02.30.03 baseband ):
minodesign
minodesign - February 12, 2009 at 3:15am
i know... i bought this iphone 3G, already at 2.2.1 firmware! Waiting
Didi
Didi - February 13, 2009 at 3:30pm
Please wait.
alleyoops
alleyoops - February 10, 2009 at 7:17am
Wow, it was so damn easy. I mean it only took me less than 10mins. I only just got my iphone less than a week ago and after going thru the comments on this site, i was left in two minds but i had to trust my judgement on this cos i've used this site to jailbreak my ipod touch which went relatively well without a glitch. Thanx so very much to the guys at iclarified..Big ups guys,thanx again.
John
John - February 11, 2009 at 11:46am
Phone locked to all carriers including ATT after updating to 2.2.1 and new baseband, even removing yellowsn0w and rebooting,and refreshing network, the phone will not recognize any carrier,and now even my sim unlock doesn't work, I even tried latest version of yellowsn0w 0.98.. Trying to use TMOBILE.... Caution to all trying to unlock or upgrade software!!!!!
Luiz
Luiz - February 9, 2009 at 5:57am
Hi there, Thanks for your help. I did get conect theiphone to my computer but i have another problem. I click + Option and i choose the iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore.ipsw did from Pwnage tool 2.2.5; After extracting the itunes says to me: The iPhone "iPhone could not be restored. An error ocurred (1). I did try to change the port and the computer (powerBook G4) and another different error has ocurred (1604); I tryied to change the cable, but nothing happened; What can i do? Thanks, Luiz
yash
yash - February 8, 2009 at 5:27am
Awesome !! Great job guys, I really appreciate the effort you spent. I could unlock my iPhone 3G very comfortably with the help of the instructions. Thanks !
jhon
jhon - February 8, 2009 at 5:01am
hi.. i'm jhon from souuth korea. i have 3g iphone16 gb with 2.2.1 iPhone firmware and baseband version 02.28.00. so i can't unlock my iphne 3g .please hepl me and tell me what can i do sir. please halp me Dev-Team sir.................
Stephen
Stephen - February 19, 2009 at 6:32pm
Your lucky you have a unlockable phone. I wish I had that baseband
alex
alex - February 7, 2009 at 11:51pm
Hi all, I downgraded my iphone to 2.2 but I could not downgrade modem fireware to 02.28.00. How can I do this? Can anybody help ne PLEASE?
esther
esther - February 9, 2009 at 11:24pm
Thats the exact same thing that happend to me too and as of right now, dev-team is working to come up with a upgraded version of yellosn0w and till then, we just gotta wait. i really hope they do come out with one soon.
alex
alex - February 10, 2009 at 2:30pm
Thank you very much, I hope so.
Luiz
Luiz - February 7, 2009 at 9:13am
Hey all, (sorry about my terrible english, but i need help. I am a brazilian) I am having a serious problem with my iphone 3G. It did work very well untill the moment that i tryied to do an upgrade. It did work with 2.2 firmware and 02.28.00 modem firmware. I didn't can do this through itunes (8.0.2) one error message did appear and i decided to do this with the 2.2.1 downloaded file from iclarified web site pushing option+click on restore button on itunes. The extracting started and stoped suddenly. After this my iPhone doesn't recognized through my itunes and has a screen with a itunes logo and usb cable asking me to plug to itunes. I tryied a milion times and nothing happens... Somebody can help me?
Jazz
Jazz - February 8, 2009 at 5:35am
Put the phone in dfu mode follow howto Or google it
sevgjan
sevgjan - February 8, 2009 at 8:46am
try a different usb port :D tell me if i helped :D
Luiz
Luiz - February 9, 2009 at 4:09am
Hi, I did get it. Thanks. But another thing happened; When i clik+option and choose the iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Custom_Restore.ipsw the itunes extract the file and one message appers for me: The iPhone "iPhone could not be restored. An error ocurred (1). I change the cable but nothing different happens... I did try to change the port and the computer (powerbook g4 with leopard) and another different error appears for me: error has ocurred (1600); With different cable...??? What can i do?
Luiz
Luiz - February 9, 2009 at 4:10am
needhelp
needhelp - February 3, 2009 at 11:57am
hi:) well, i live in Norway and bought a iphone from USA. The seller said it was unlocked, but when I got it I didn't get any signal at all, and i couldn ring or send messages. unfortunately I restored the iphone, then I jailbroke it with quickpwn. When I put in my sim card now, i get the question"Sim-Card locked, Ok unlock" then i press unlock and write my code. But I still dont get any signal. have tried this very nice article, but it doesn't work, what can I do?. please, help!x)
jazz
jazz - February 3, 2009 at 12:15pm
Where do I start,well first of all you have to unlock your sim with a different phone.You cannot unlock ure sim with yellowsn0w.Next did you restore with 2.2 or 2.2.1 you can only unlock with 2.2.There is away to down grade baseband back to 2.2 follow the howto on this site.You can sort this problem out with patience so don't panic.
jazz
jazz - February 3, 2009 at 12:23pm
Sorry that wasn't very clear what I mean is you have to switch sim pin off.And that cannot be done with iPhone so insert sim in different phone and disable sim code.
needhelp
needhelp - February 6, 2009 at 2:31pm
https://www.iclarified.com/entry/comments.php?page=1&enid=1881#commentsanchor . I did this. But still the version is 2.2.1(5h11) And the modem firmware is 02.30.03, why is this? : |
jazz
jazz - February 6, 2009 at 2:46pm
You cannot unlock iphone 3g with 2.2.1 and 02.30.03 and u cant downgrade so u will just have to wait until they can find away to do it.Keep checking this site im sure it wont be to looooonnnnnngggggg.
needhelp
needhelp - February 6, 2009 at 2:48pm
okei. Thanks for the help Jazz :)
Circo
Circo - February 2, 2009 at 5:55pm
Ok, First of all thank you for this wonderful solution. Unfortunately my fingers move faster than my eyes so ofcourse I did the no no and installed everything with QuickPwn before I then redid it the proper way, this means do that I am stuck with the newer baseband e.g 2.30.03..... Is there any way to downgrade the baseband to 02.28.00? I know I should have read the "read this" file before starting but still... HEEEELP " please "
Tara
Tara - February 3, 2009 at 12:32pm
At present, you have no way to unlock it on the baseband with firmware 2.2.1
Circo
Circo - February 3, 2009 at 12:49pm
Hurray, This finally I have the overpriced IPod I always wanted.... I guess I have no one to blame than myself... Oh well I put my hopes that the DEW-team will come up with a solution before the phone becomes a museum peace :-) Circo
jazz
jazz - February 3, 2009 at 12:53pm
You can downgrade the baseband follow howto
Circo
Circo - February 3, 2009 at 1:06pm
are you sure? According to "IlikMyiPhone.com, I quote "Please stay away from the update till a patched firmware without the baseband update is released. I repeat, baseband cannot be downgraded and since Apple patched the baseband exploit, 2.30.03 which comes as a surprise with 2.2.1 is not unlockable by any means at this time." I will give it a try though.. Thanks
jazz
jazz - February 3, 2009 at 2:00pm
Yes it's easy pull the mute button off and then go to apple shop they will replace it.With 2.2 firmware iPhone
Circo
Circo - February 3, 2009 at 2:11pm
:-) Ok I will wait a day or two more before I start to "manhandle" my iPhone but if no better solution will be offered in the next couple of days I might try what you suggest :-) Circo
esther
esther - February 4, 2009 at 11:25pm
omg. i did the exact same thing, and i have no clue what to do.
Hernan
Hernan - February 5, 2009 at 1:58am
Hi.. Jazz how can i pull the mute button off, i have a problem with my iphone. Thanks
jazz
jazz - February 5, 2009 at 3:48am
If you need the unlock I'd guess you have not got any warranty and u will just have 2 wait 4 a fix anything else can be fixed with restore.The mute button can fall off quite easily and apple will replace there and then at shops
esther
esther - February 5, 2009 at 6:54pm
ohh, i see. i didnt read the instructions careful enough :/ but i heard dev-team is working on upgrading yellowsn0w for 02.30.03 baseband ? i hope it'll come out soon . . .