How to Unlock the iPhone 3G

How to Unlock the iPhone 3G

Posted January 30, 2009 at 12:35pm by iClarified · 752 comments · Add Comment
harshil - June 4, 2009 at 8:26pm
I bought iphone from at&t network,2.1 firmware…unlocked with turbosim in india…now I did jailbroking using quickpwn(windows user) firmware 2.2 basenand 2.30..now when I inserted my Indian sim card(airtel without 3g service)..it did not work….please help..my iphone is just PAPER WEIGHT now
Zlatan Kocovski - May 23, 2009 at 5:39pm
Yo !!! You people rule!! I'm from Macedonia and i have an iPhone 3G, i used it with turbosim card but it was B A D!! so i said let me try this... and it really works!! thakns u saved me 30 euros !!
Ted - May 12, 2009 at 3:32pm
Thanks for the tutorial, worked like a charm i can finally get rid of my annoying turbosim!
Justin - May 10, 2009 at 4:05pm
For me changing providers was easy. In Canada there are two providers that have the iPhone Fido and Rogers. I had a Fido iPhone. When I switched my provider to Rogers my iPhone would not work with my new sim card. So I put the Rogers sim in my iPhone and went to the Apple store. I told them that that battery in my phone wasn't working right. They just replaced the whole phone and because they thought it was a Rogers phone because of the sim card I now have a working Rogers iPhone. No unlock required.
Tom - May 2, 2009 at 2:50am
Hey Folks, I have an Iphone 3g version 2.2.1 firmware 2.30.03 and a bootversion 5.08 I succesfully jailbreaked and succesfully downgraded the baseband to 2.28.00 Then I installed yellowsn0w to unlock and... it's still locked... have tried it 3 times from beginning to end now, not knowing what I did wrong... anyway my main issue is that my original T-Mobile sim card doesn't work anymore neither! so it's nothing more than a IPod Touch right now... please help!
James - May 2, 2009 at 4:30am
If your not bothered about unlock can't you restore from backup
irvk - April 29, 2009 at 8:02am
I'm new to this. I have both mac & windows vista &iphone 3g. What is the status to jailbreak & unlock with the latest firmware? I'm confused on this & don't want to try anything in case I wreck up my phone. Is a card such as rebel sim better for me? Help!
BS GIll - April 29, 2009 at 5:10am
while checking boot loader connection error is coming how to solve it
advance - April 28, 2009 at 7:13pm
any news on boot version 5.09?
jack - April 23, 2009 at 2:27pm
Can anyone help me to change my baseband from 02.30 to 02.28?
James - April 23, 2009 at 2:32pm
Follow baseband downgrade tutorial if your on the right bootlloader it can b done go to tutorials on this website
James - April 23, 2009 at 2:35pm
Still trying then ;Q)
jack - April 23, 2009 at 2:58pm
How do i know what bootloader im on? Yeah im still trying but feels like im making progress!!!! hehehehe
James - April 23, 2009 at 4:26pm
Just check tutorial go iPhone/most recent top two howtos are wot u need.you can find them from the left handside of iclarified website
Jazz - April 23, 2009 at 1:25pm
I have a 2g iphone that was on 2.2.1 and I lowered it to 2.2. It has been jailbroken with quickpwn, and I also put the yellowsn0w app on with Cydia. After cydia installs it, I don't see any new icons. I've tried toggle airplane mode, reboot, etc. After switching to a TMOBILE SIM, THE PHONE BRICKS ITSELF AGAIN WANTING TO CONNECT TO ITUNES. Works fine with ATT sim card, has not detected any other simcard. Help!
James - April 23, 2009 at 1:33pm
As far as I can remember you don't need yellowsn0w with 2g I think you are following 3g guide.Do the jailbreak again but remember to tick activate box.You don't need to restore in iTunes b4 you redo the jailbreak make sure u use the 2g guide
Jazz - April 23, 2009 at 1:42pm
I did but Boo Neuter didn't run, any ideas as to why or how to force it?
JAZZ - April 23, 2009 at 1:47pm
I was able to get Boot to load this time around. However when the iphone comes back on I still get the same message of "Different SIM detected, please connect to itunes"
James - April 23, 2009 at 1:55pm
Are you doing the jailbreak with that sim card installed I think you should do. Try it anyway and remember to tick activate then if that fails start again from the beginning of the how to.
Prev 2 of 44 Next