September 29, 2022
iPhone Dev-Team Releases PwnageTool 3.1.3 With 3GS Jailbreak Support

iPhone Dev-Team Releases PwnageTool 3.1.3 With 3GS Jailbreak Support

Posted October 2, 2009 at 4:19pm · 73 comments · Add Comment
Barbara
Barbara - December 26, 2012 at 3:51pm
tried this crap and now my freaking ipod wont power on!!!!!
hevar
hevar - November 1, 2009 at 4:55pm
hey guys is there any chance that someone would use pwnage tool to restore and activate a iphone 3GS with 3.0.1 deleted firmware????that the 3.0.1 is deleted and there is no current firmware installed
mo
mo - October 5, 2009 at 4:06pm
Hello, a new user to macs, i created a custom firmware ipsw, my only issue is Im on official carrier, so I didnt click on Activate, however I do travel so I need my phone to unlocked aswell. I noticed 'Enable Baseband' is greyed out, does this mean my phone will not have its baseband updated to the 3.1's version? Just want to know if I use PwanageTool is there even a chance to update your baseband to 3.1's Also do I lose tethering option on 3.1? Would appreciate a prompt response For ref: Im on 3.0.1 JB
Shirwan Khan
Shirwan Khan - October 7, 2009 at 3:57pm
Hi, If you are on 3.01 and have never upgraded to 3.1 official, then yes, you can use ultrasn0w from cydia to use the phone unlocked overseas. Do not upgrade to stock apple firmware, always use pwnage tool, otherwise your baseband will get upgraded and you will lose the unlock, regardless if you are on an official carrier. Pwnage also maintains the tethering settings. I am from the UK on unofficial carrier (orange UK) and am unlocked and have tethering enabled on 3.1, thanks to pwnage! Hope this helps.
david
david - October 4, 2009 at 12:07pm
damn why no windows version that sucks man
Alex
Alex - October 4, 2009 at 12:23pm
You've always got the option of buying a proper computer.... Christmas is coming, time to start nagging your mom.
david
david - October 5, 2009 at 10:16am
i aint going to buy a mac for just to unlock my iphone not a chance in hell
hackercoolio
hackercoolio - October 7, 2009 at 3:33pm
how about you get your pc boot mac( if possible) there are plenty of guides for hackintosh..
Shirwan Khan
Shirwan Khan - October 7, 2009 at 4:00pm
Check bittorent guys, there are shedloads of custom ipsw files out there, they are all generic, only dependent on iphone model (iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs).
Shirwan Khan
Shirwan Khan - October 3, 2009 at 7:35pm
Hi All, Seeing alot of posts here, some with contradicting info... Simple question, I have a 3GS, never pwned, but jailbroken via redsn0w to 3.0.1. I've built a custom 3.1 pwn file on my Mac, golden question, as it has never been pwned and JB via redsnow, do I connect via DFU OR Restore mode? Please advise!!
Carl
Carl - October 5, 2009 at 10:03am
I upgraded over the weekend from 3.0 to 3.1. I was JB on 3.0 with redsn0w and never pwn. I created and custom 3.1 pwn file and updated via Restore mode. My phone is working file with no issues.
Shirwan Khan
Shirwan Khan - October 5, 2009 at 1:04pm
Great, thanks for the reply, I'll give restore a shot.
shirwan Khan
shirwan Khan - October 7, 2009 at 4:02pm
Thanks Carl, worked nicely. Cheers.
Wayland
Wayland - October 3, 2009 at 9:52am
So now do I still need to capture the two files "ibec and ibess" for the future use? Thanks
Mab04
Mab04 - October 3, 2009 at 6:18am
Might need some help here. Got the 3GS on release day. Jailbroke the 3.0 OS using my windows pc (this was late July). Phone screwed up a day after apple stopped signing certificates, and I had to completely restore. Now I'm on 3.1. Is it possible for me to jailbreak my phone still (I have a MacBook). Or am I just SOL?
Dan
Dan - October 3, 2009 at 5:38am
Got 3GS 3.0.1 out of box not jailbroken, can not jailbreak as Apple not signing anymore, does this work for me? Or do I need to wait? Cheers
Macslut
Macslut - October 3, 2009 at 1:01am
Are there any Tethering options here in the US with a jailbroken 3GS on 3.1? I'm currently running jailbroken 3.0 on my 3GS and was thinking about upgrading, but I don't want to lose the carrier hack that allowed tethering. Thoughts? PS: Thanks for your hard work!!!
Carl
Carl - October 5, 2009 at 10:09am
I was also JB on 3.0 with the carrier hack to allow for tethering. After I updated to 3.1 via pwn, I still have my tethering.
yo yo yo
yo yo yo - October 2, 2009 at 8:43pm
Thanks.. Just waiting for a few others to use this file, so I don't brick my iphone, then I'm in. Or I may just hackintosh and try it myself.
mike
mike - October 2, 2009 at 8:50pm
it works, i know trusting someone with your phone is alittle scary, but i had my fingers crossed the whole time while doing this myself. I made the custom ipsw file and can prove i used it on my phone, check back on that blog i will post a screenshot showing im on 3.1 with baseband 4.26.08
yo yo yo
yo yo yo - October 2, 2009 at 9:43pm
Okay, I'm trusting you.. Here goes....
mike
mike - October 2, 2009 at 9:51pm
please post your results
yo yo yo
yo yo yo - October 2, 2009 at 9:58pm
It works! I'll restore all my stuff in a few mins.. For the MMS, should I see some picture attach option in the Messages app? I don't.. Also, I hate that pineapple logo. On the Info screen, I see Not Available for Network.. don't remember what it even said before though...
mike
mike - October 2, 2009 at 10:03pm
For MMS you should get an option in itunes to update your carrier settings, make sure itunes is up to date if it is not working. The pineapple logo I did for myself, sorry if you dont like it I didnt have a nice custom one made. For your network mine says not available but its not an issue still works fine, before it said att.(possible fix in the future?) To fix your carrier logo not showing up next to your signal bars, open cydia and install MakeItMine, This is just a cosmetic issue.
yo yo yo
yo yo yo - October 2, 2009 at 10:14pm
You Da Man, Mike! Now I just need to finish this new itunes update to 9.0.1.. (I wish they'd update less frequently and smaller), and then restore all my songs & movies, etc.. Awesome!
yo yo yo
yo yo yo - October 3, 2009 at 10:25pm
Just ran it again for my wife's and it worked like a champ once more!