September 28, 2023

How to Officially Update and Jailbreak to 1.1.3 iPhone Firmware (Installer)
Comments

Posted January 27, 2008 at 10:02am · 255 comments · Add Comment
Ponchevez
Ponchevez - February 6, 2009 at 5:15pm
How do I upgrade an unlocked 1.1.4 iPhone to a 2.2 version ? Someone unlocked the iphone for me, but didn't add cydia to the iphone, and some applications don't work anymore I whitnk I need to upgrade. Please help!
brian adams
brian adams - June 11, 2008 at 10:52am
i have a i problem!! i did the 1.1.3 update from a 1.1.2 OTB and no my phone is stuck in recovery mode!! why did it this happen, it doesn't appear anyone else got this error.
Puma
Puma - May 4, 2008 at 11:26am
Hi, After wait 65 minutes..... everything worked OK. Thank you
Kayce
Kayce - April 2, 2008 at 7:37pm
Hi guys, if someone could take a moment to help me out it would be great. I just used this method to upgrade my jailbreaked 1,1,2 iphone and it got stuck at the updating screen for more than 5 hours. I did a reset and the phone rebooted in jailbreaked 1,1.3 mode. Unfortunately it now says "SIM LOCKED" on the top left hand corner. Any idea what to do now?
hss
hss - March 4, 2008 at 11:41pm
Not it is just fine.. The most imp piece of advise which is not mentioned above is that if your phone is stuck at the updating screen for more than 30 mins just reboot it and things wld work fine
Viren
Viren - March 4, 2008 at 1:25pm
Hey! I have a week 51 jailbroken 1.1.2 firmware, I want to upgrade to 1.1.3 but am indoubt after reading the problems people are facing! Is it safe enuf or u suggest waiting some more time before updating???? Pl. advise... Cheers,
HSS
HSS - March 3, 2008 at 12:59pm
my phone is stuck at Updating and jailbreaking for more than 30 mins... Sld i just reboot and phone and try again?
babu
babu - February 29, 2008 at 2:43am
I just updated to 1.1.3, and my installer application vanished. The phone was a 1.1.2 OTB, which I downgraded and then updated to 1.1.2. The update to 1.1.3 worked after failing once. The installer program remained when it failed and the phone was functional. Any ideas?
mostafa
mostafa - February 24, 2008 at 9:27pm
chava ,i had same prob because the upgrade stopped and my iphone keeps on restarting ,unfortunatly i made hole jailbreak and unlock process from the begining ,i had 1.1.2 otb .but first u have to connect phone to computer even it doesn't recognize it and when it starts restarting keep pressing home button until i tunes logo appear and then follow the steps to jailbreak the phone ..hope it helps
Chava
Chava - February 24, 2008 at 8:36am
Hi, i followed all the instructions but my iphone keeps on restarting being stucked with the apple logo, what i can do???
BillyJ
BillyJ - February 23, 2008 at 12:09pm
I have 1.1.3 firmware updated from 1.1.2 OTB...everything works except my custom Ringtones. I use iTONER and i see my custom ringtones on my list but when selected their is no music!! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!! Thanks
dan30
dan30 - February 23, 2008 at 6:17am
I did what was told to do, but my iphone won't restart normally again, it keeps on restarting being stucked with the apple logo, and won't go further please help me, what shall i do?
Eugenius
Eugenius - February 21, 2008 at 7:01pm
The wiggly icon aranger thing didn't work, which I thought was a nice feature, but everything else is working great (so far)! I've been playing around with it after the jailbreak for like 5 minutes. Thanks!!
indianiphone
indianiphone - February 18, 2008 at 11:36pm
@delaneyzero I too have the same problem, did you find a solution for this. Please guys help us out.
mostafa
mostafa - February 18, 2008 at 7:37pm
everyone plz help help help,when i was upgrading to 1.1.3 i don't know how my phone turned off .know it keeps restarting and restarting .what can i do to save my phone ,help me
Mostafa
Mostafa - February 18, 2008 at 2:16pm
does iworld work for 1.1.3 sw??
xtturbox
xtturbox - February 18, 2008 at 10:32am
I noticed after unlocking phone that safari and installer app was not working because i could not get on the edge network with t-mobile. I found that if you go to settings-general-network-edge and put in apn wap.voicestream.com and user name and password are guest. This works for TMOBILE with internet package....no adding roots or anything else....this worked on a 1.1.3 OTB after ziphone unlock!!!! Good luck
Poldark
Poldark - February 18, 2008 at 10:15am
Hi Guys. Solution for all you ppl having problems with using yr installer. I have a 1.1.3 iphone freed with ziphone 2.3 - like many others I was having problems downloading thru Installer 3.0 even though I have a good wifi connection. This works for me so I cant guarantee it will work for everyone. First make sure you have a freed iphone. Then unlock and first go to Maps. open maps and click on Locate Me and wait until the program finds you. Then go to installer, click on Sources and click refresh. This procedure usually frees up my installer. somehow there seems to be a conflict between ziphone and Installer but somehow Maps seems to free Installer up. Important that first files to download are BSD subsystems and Community services. Whenever your installer gets sluggish just close the iphone and reboot it again and follow above procedure. I hope this helps - for me it works wonders and also remember you must REFRESH sources every time before downloading any other apps or files. Good Luck
brianobrien
brianobrien - February 18, 2008 at 9:51am
hi anyone know where i find psx roms? thanks
gaurav208
gaurav208 - February 18, 2008 at 9:06am
Hi Ansh, Use the ibrick sofware (which was used for Jailbreaking 1.1.2 OTB version after downgrading to 1.1.1). You can find it on iclarified under the 1.1.2 jailbreak tutorial. It should help you to reboot your phone and come out of the recovery mode. Do not restore the phone through Itunes to 1.1.3. Thanks, Gaurav
brianobrien
brianobrien - February 18, 2008 at 6:40am
hi all found everything works fine till you load to much info from installer conflicting programs will crash your phone. just be aware that if you upgrade you had better make yourself aware how to downgrade and start the process all over from scratch. have now wasted 20 or so days on my iphone upgrading down grading crashing rebooting crying sobbing shouting smiling happy sad apple said when you buy one you cant live without it they never said id have this much fun sweating to see if the damn thing will work . thanks to all out there who with their dedication to jailbreaking the rest of us have had so much fun , now why wont my damn phone reboot this time lol
Ansh
Ansh - February 17, 2008 at 3:45pm
HI I updated my Iphone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 last week and it has been working fine till this morning. Today while I was on safari the phone crashed and now when I turn the phone on it goes to the screen with the connet to itunes sign. My phone it 1.1.1 OTB. Please help.
pablo
pablo - February 14, 2008 at 1:00pm
Someone knows how "clean" 300 MB involved when using this method to upgrade?
pablo
pablo - February 14, 2008 at 10:15am
SOLUTION for ERROR Package download failed: can't find host! Ste (admin of Installer app) has moved the repository from one site to another. So, you're getting the package download failure notices because most of the files simply AREN'T THERE anymore. The only thing to do is to change the URL of "Ste Packaging" to http://repo.smxy.org/iphone-apps/ in the Sources section of Installer app. STEPS: 1# Go to "Sources" in Installer.app. 2# Then tap the "Edit" button. Click on the "-" icon over "Ste Packaging" source line in order to delete it. 3#Tap the "Add" button and type the right new URL for STE Packaging source: http://repo.smxy.org/iphone-apps/ 4# Refresh sources and enjoy installing lots applications for iPhone.
Riky
Riky - February 12, 2008 at 3:45pm
eiii I have a problem !!!!!!!!! i did exactly like this tutorial says..... after 25min aprox it restart and den 1.1.3 fw is and its very pretty when everyhting is jiggling but when I trid to go to the installer inmidiatly returns me to the springborad..... i dont know what to do do I have to put a parch or something please help me.. or restor it to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1??
Travis Bell
Travis Bell - February 12, 2008 at 2:26pm
I can confirm, like many others, that after ~45 minutes and my iPhone not rebooting, I forced it to shut down, rebooted and everything is working like it should with 1.1.3.
chriskat
chriskat - February 12, 2008 at 1:33pm
delaneyzero PS. dont forget to install iworld ( if you need it)when you are at 1.1.2 it is not included in the tutorials and i dont know if it can be installed at 1.1.3.
chriskat
chriskat - February 12, 2008 at 1:15pm
hi delaneyzero, i had the same problem with my installer after i upgraded to 1.1.3 so last night i downgraded to 1.1.1 then up to 1.1.2 and then 1.1.3 everything works perfectly the only thing i did differently the first time was the geohot unlock at 1.1.2 before i upgraded to 1.1.3, this time when i downgraded to 1.1.1 the unlock remained all the way up so i didnt have to do it again. i know its not the answer you were looking for but it does work. regards!
delaneyzero
delaneyzero - February 12, 2008 at 12:22pm
So STILL no one has been able to answer why installer disappears after this update? i have 1.1.2 OTB. jailbroken and unlocked. did the soft update to 1.1.3 and now the installer is gone..still unlocked though. many people are having this problem. can someone please advise how to get installer back?! (preferrably without having to downgrade, jailbreak, upgrade, jailbreak..unlock...)
D!
D! - February 12, 2008 at 2:22am
Started the jailbreak... 2 hours later I went to bed with the jailbreak still running... When I got up in the morning there was some kind of error msg (sorry, I don't remember what it said exactly)... Anyway, forced reboot and welcome to 1.1.3. Thank you guys!!
keets28
keets28 - February 11, 2008 at 4:09pm
anybody heard of CallData International http://klim.ru/calldata/ seems like a new iworld program? anybody know anything about it?
BillyJ
BillyJ - February 11, 2008 at 4:06pm
I had a iPhone 1.1.2 and updated using INSTALLER, it took me 20mins and now my Custom Ringtones don't work from iToner. They are on my list but no music comes out..it just vibrates or when you take that off, it just shows that someone is calling!! ANY IDEAS OR SOLUTIONS! Thanks
PHKOERICH
PHKOERICH - February 11, 2008 at 4:04pm
It pass more then 40 minutes and steel making the process....
henry0608
henry0608 - February 11, 2008 at 2:14pm
1 hour 13 mins .. starting to reboot i think . finalyyy
henry0608
henry0608 - February 11, 2008 at 2:13pm
1 hour 13 mins .. starting to reboot i think . finalyyy
Macauba
Macauba - February 11, 2008 at 8:16am
Does anyone knows if this is the 1.1.3-3 DevTeam??
noodles
noodles - February 11, 2008 at 8:00am
ok guys all you have to do is wait 30 mins and if it dosnt restart after that then just reset the iphone your self and u will be in 1.1.3 jailbroken trust me i did it and it worked just hope to god that u see the installer icon if u still see it then your good but dont wait more then 30 mins like i said u will be wasting your time hope i helped u out and saved some time in your lifs peace ;)
macauba
macauba - February 11, 2008 at 7:14am
Please help!! After the 1.1.3 soft upgrade my phone had only 1mb left on the 300mb partition, i already installed Bosstool but i want to clean the leftover files from installation, i cant find the "1.1.3 soft upg cleaner" on the installer, is there another way?
chriskat
chriskat - February 11, 2008 at 2:42am
hi, still having problems with my installer, does anyone know how to reinstall the installer or will i have to down grade to 1.1.1 and start all over again, thanks.
gaurav208
gaurav208 - February 11, 2008 at 2:26am
Related to : jonas (2008-02-10 23:50:21): "Second: The comment didn't help much. I got the help needed from another forum. And have now via terminal removed and reinstalled correct version of installer. Everything works! " Hi Jonas, Can you please provide the instructions and the forum name from where you got the help to reinstall the correct installer. Thanks, Gaurav