January 29, 2023

How to Create Ringtones Directly on your iPhone !

Posted March 25, 2008 at 6:45pm · 48 comments · Add Comment
JPO
JPO - March 29, 2008 at 11:26am
Good in theory, bad in execution. Each song I converted was so loud and distorted at anything other than minimum volume. Keep trying, but for now I'll pass and make my ringtones with iTunes.
Donald Chin
Donald Chin - March 29, 2008 at 3:27am
To delete the ringtone, use VT100 terminal, password is alpine. Navigate to the the Ringtones folder... cd /Library/Ringtones/ Then delete the file or files...(NB. there seems to be a space padded before and after the filename so use the quotations marks to enclose the filename... rm " filename .m4r" That should do it. Cheers, Donald
hindero
hindero - March 26, 2008 at 6:32pm
not recommended. perhaps next version will be better :)
Jo
Jo - March 26, 2008 at 4:56pm
I have converted 2 non-DRM mp3 for testing, the songs with English name is fine but the other one with Chinese name just resulted as no sound. Then I decided to delete both of them but there is no delete button. The ringtones goes into my Standard menu so I have to access the iPhone Root FileSystem to get them delete. After successfully delete the English one, however, the Chinese one just doesn't exist in the ringtones folder. It stays on my standard ringtone menu that I find no way to delete! Sucks!
steve  anderson
steve anderson - March 26, 2008 at 2:19pm
crap apps ------ over the last few weeks there has been a few apps that are useless swirlymms new release dont work , wetool wont send a multiple text only one text long , then this that only 3 i can think of ---cant wait for apple shop in june be none of this shoddy work i would rather pay a fiver to apple for a decent app that work it does not take much fully trest work before release pull your socks up
Erik Reed Mohn
Erik Reed Mohn - March 26, 2008 at 1:44pm
I have had to remove this application from my iPhone. When I finally was able to convert one of my songs on file to a ring tone, it could not be used as a ring tone, it just did not play when the phone rang. for me this application has been totally unusable.
dre
dre - March 26, 2008 at 1:13pm
respect fi di info, tell mi someting, is a yawd man a run dis website? one love, big up
jgonz138
jgonz138 - March 26, 2008 at 9:35am
Thanks, db.
Steve anderson
Steve anderson - March 26, 2008 at 8:49am
this app has problems i have tried and you get errors some just click some silent that's with WAv enabled shame also tried to convert the tracks on my phone bought off iTunes its still hit and miss but some work some don't
Erik Reed Mohn
Erik Reed Mohn - March 26, 2008 at 8:48am
This application works poorly on my iPhone. It is a jailbroken 1.1.4 and most tunes converted do not play at all or only for a fraction of a second.