December 9, 2022

How to Download Files Using Your iPhone

Posted March 29, 2008 at 6:59pm · 29 comments · Add Comment
jimmy
jimmy - April 2, 2008 at 9:16pm
hello must i update my phone to 1.1.4 to use this application?
jl500
jl500 - April 2, 2008 at 2:12pm
How do I find the downloaded files? I cannot see the ~var/root/downloaded directory with mobile finder. Waiting for the tutorial too. Excellent website
Macopoulos
Macopoulos - April 2, 2008 at 7:53am
You could even with native Terminal application on the iPhone.. but what files must be changed it the problem..! The folder? The files? I hate to say it but with my version i got no problems with that.. i just find'em with MobileFinder and then run them with Open with Application option..!
Max59
Max59 - April 2, 2008 at 6:02am
Would it be possible to fix it with Cyberduck or something like that?
Macopoulos
Macopoulos - April 2, 2008 at 5:28am
You cant cause there are some permissions that need to be fixed on the files saved..
Max59
Max59 - April 2, 2008 at 5:25am
I have seen files with Mobilefinder too. The problem is how to read these files on the iPhone. For example, pdf viewer, when I arrive to a pdf file via Mobilefinder and choose to read the file with it, doesn't see the file. Mobile finder is really useful to navigate into the iPhone, but it seems to stop when it asks to other software to cohoperate. What can we do? Please, Iclarified...
KS
KS - April 2, 2008 at 4:41am
Hey every1...to view the files downloaded i have been using mobilefinder in my iphone and to view them in the comp im using WinSCP.... for now i can view them... will be seeing if i can play downloaded mp3 directly on my iphone
luisj23
luisj23 - April 1, 2008 at 9:40pm
great job, this is great 4 dwld pics from the web, where will they dwnld, read UR going to post a tutorial about it cause I couldnt find the /var/root, etc. THANKS.
Macopoulos
Macopoulos - April 1, 2008 at 4:36pm
Just install a webserver for example iSpit/lighttpd/apache.. run it and then browse the folder that the file is located using that browser.. but.. it may not play cause you must say to the web server that the mp4 is a applixation/x- something mp4 to play.. Search the internet about mime type of mp4 files..! ;)
Kyle
Kyle - April 1, 2008 at 4:17pm
I'm trying to download and play a .mp4 file. I downloaded it, but how do I play it? Thanks!