September 30, 2022
Android Now Runs on the iPhone!

Android Now Runs on the iPhone!

Posted April 21, 2010 at 10:15pm · 18 comments · Add Comment
Gustavo Leon Madrigal
Gustavo Leon Madrigal - April 22, 2010 at 5:35pm
I am not sure, but what I like about my iphone is the sw and the applications, which can not be run on the iphone with android...sooooooo No need to run android...
SIJO
SIJO - April 22, 2010 at 11:06am
I am SIJO, a developer, I want to install this on my iPhone 2G 2 Questions
1) Can i make calls and use it as all other android phones?
2) at any point, can i go back to iPhone OS by restoring from iTunes?

SIJO
SIJO - April 22, 2010 at 11:03am
I am SIJO, a developer, I want to install this on my iPhone 2G 2 Questions 1) Can i make calls and use it as all other android phones? 2) at any point, can i go back to iPhone OS by restoring from iTunes? If these two are possible, i am going to install Please please teach me by mailing to sijo@sijo.in ] Thanks in advance SIJO
Anonmuz
Anonmuz - April 22, 2010 at 1:26am
This just adds more value to the iPhone, once the OS is tweeked and the soft keys ate replaced with touch keys it'll be a perfect port and a great alternative. Apple would hear less complaints. Lol
Jethro
Jethro - April 22, 2010 at 12:38am
That's very cool! Apple's gonna be pissed when they see this! Serves them right being so close-minded and paranoid.
babu
babu - April 21, 2010 at 11:11pm
if i screw up the installation can i dfu restore it to regular iphone os? if u can than imma try it out
Jacek
Jacek - April 22, 2010 at 12:35am
Can this be installed on an unlocked iPhone 3G. making the iPhone unlocked?
ds
ds - April 22, 2010 at 7:37am
From my understanding, the layers are like this: Hardware -> iBoot -> Baseband -> OS So you are just changing the OS, the rest remains the same. When you put in DFU mode ideally you are replacing both Baseband and OS and only iBoot is used to talk to hardware. So you should be able to restore in DFU mode. But just confirm again from another source before proceeding since this is just my understanding. To answer 2nd question, no you cannot unlock, since the 'unlock' itself is in Baseband which controls the iPhone modem hardware and this is untouched. So no by replacing this you cannot unlock.
ds
ds - April 22, 2010 at 9:45am
Just to update, based on reading further on the original thread, some one reported as bricked and the original thread itself has been edited saying it failed on few devices and requires a tethered boot, just so be warned and have a backup option if this is your primary device.
matsubi
matsubi - April 21, 2010 at 11:02pm
i don't see good point using iphone with android, it designed for OSX not android. like a stupid people doing hack and install linux on archos, and start pain with all uncompatibility system
HO
HO - April 22, 2010 at 2:14am
Sir, U officially took the crown of the most Stupid person on earth, congratulations!
David
David - April 22, 2010 at 9:48am
yeah, congratulations to the STUPID KING !!
android fan
android fan - April 22, 2010 at 12:59pm
Yes you fuckin clown sun of bitch
justinishulk
justinishulk - April 22, 2010 at 1:36pm
Agreed, why don't get an Android phone then?
kris
kris - April 23, 2010 at 8:02am
if you want android... buy android. 'fuckin clown sun of bitch' LOL, who's stupid?
iDsigns
iDsigns - April 21, 2010 at 10:59pm
Thats sick. Can wait till we all can try something like that
ds
ds - April 21, 2010 at 10:54pm
Apple can be happy, since no one Jailbreaks anymore, since most of devices that want to get "freedom" will be on a different OS!!! and iPhone will finally run Adobe Flash!!!
Mike Lochtefeld