Steve Jobs Posts Thoughts on Flash: 'No Longer Necessary'

Steve Jobs Posts Thoughts on Flash: 'No Longer Necessary'

Griesel - December 10, 2020 at 7:38am
I am talking to you from the future - 10 Dec 2020 to be exact. And Steve is still right, even after his unwelcome death 😢 Adobe announced that they will not update Flash after 31 Dec 2020 and will it will cease operations after Jan 2021.
Jacques - November 9, 2011 at 5:19pm
Steve was right, for the one last time after he passed away. Flash will be history soon, adobe killed flash player mobile
Expat - May 5, 2010 at 10:19am
All Steve\'s concerns about flash might be right but they all can be outweighed by a single reason, viewing flash based websites (not video) there are so many web pages and some are very popular not supported on iPhone, this is more important to me than the issues mentioned above. Please bring flash to safari to view all of the Internet.
Stevo - May 1, 2010 at 1:10am
Its been what? ...Almost 10 years since 64 bit computing became mainstream? ...And Adobe still has NOT released a mainstream 64 bit version of flash player for modern browsers. Nothing, nada, and no explanation except this... http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html \"Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in 64-bit browsers. Flash Player will, however, run in a 32-bit browser, running on a 64-bit operating system.\" I\'m sick of waiting for Adobe to get around to doing things, I\'m tired of using my new 64bit PC\'s browser in 32 bit backwards compatability mode just to accomodate Flash, and I sure dont want to wait another 10 years for them to make their platform usable on all mobile devices. For once I find myself in 100% agreement with Steve Jobs. I say dump Flash and move toward modernization. We cant afford to wait in today\'s world of fast paced consumer technology advancements where people are expecting solutions now.
D - April 29, 2010 at 1:39pm
I could care less about flash , Steve jobs it\'s right.
Joe Cole - April 29, 2010 at 12:49pm
In other words, what Jobs is saying is that, the Mac, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are our devices and it\'s up to us to decide what runs on their individual platforms. I can respect that. However, it now remains to be seen to what extent HTML5 and other alternatives are (globally) successful!
user - April 29, 2010 at 12:03pm
I have been using Mac and iPhone for a year now and I can say that Steve Jobs is absolutely right. Flash is really buggy for Mac and I see no reason to mess up iPhone, iPod and iPad with bad software!
justinishulk - April 29, 2010 at 12:25pm
Agreed and full stop
Name - April 29, 2010 at 11:37am
Steve Jobs - control freak and full of shit.
Ashton - April 29, 2010 at 2:53pm
Ahhhh! Ohhh!!! Very smart comment! Soo brilliant!!! Tell us idiot: How many days took you to write such stupidity?
HO - April 29, 2010 at 3:53pm
Probably the same amount u spent thinking on how to start that pathetic reply for a de facto statement.
Tom Vanimox - April 29, 2010 at 8:11pm
I agree with you on how you say Jobs can be very controlling when it comes to Apples mobile devices, but if you knew anything you would also know that everything in the following article is ABSOLUTELY true! Flash is very buggy and there is really no reason to keep it going. I don\'t know if HTML5 is the future, but I am very certain that if Adobe does not fix flash, flash will NOT be the future of computer gaming, video, etc.
jbo - April 30, 2010 at 1:36am
i agree most online video streaming is flash. who knows when html5 will be implemented. he is full of shit.
James - April 30, 2010 at 10:23pm
I agree that Adobe has its bugs and why people are tired of Adobe, however I do believe that Steve Jobs also has his controlling methods that piss me off more than Adobe. As far as I\'m concerned Jobs can shut fu*k up and cooperate and make a better product that functions according to the consumers requests.... we want flash so fu*king give it to us.