December 9, 2022

How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch Using JailbreakMe [4.0.0]

Posted August 1, 2010 at 7:42pm · 39 comments · Add Comment
Superman
Superman - August 31, 2010 at 8:10pm
Can you turn your ipod off after you use jailbreakme
lostincyberspace
lostincyberspace - August 20, 2010 at 9:34am
I am far from a pro at this but I have managed to jailbreak my ipod touches (32G and 64G) 3.1.3 since spirit first launched months ago. I get WiFI everywhere except my home computer, a MAC that I set up with ad-hoc wifi. Non jailbroken devices work just fine but both of my devices can't seem to connect despite saying they are connected. I have gone through countless forums seeking a solution. I've tried most simple solutions as well as tinkering around with DHCP, Static entry and passcode resets. Nothing works. Please provide a how to in easy to understand terms. Thanks
megan madden
megan madden - August 12, 2010 at 4:06pm
Worked first time for me!! Nearly had heart faliure when the batter ran out half way through but retried and worked a treat. Very easy to understand, no hunting for usb leads/ Thankyou very much puuuuurfect :)
Adriano Martins
Adriano Martins - August 12, 2010 at 3:10pm
Accidentally upgraded to 4.0.1 and therefore can't use JailbreakMe on this version. Is it possible to downgrade to 4.0?
Olga
Olga - August 10, 2010 at 1:30pm
Does this work on iPod 1G? Thanks!
Ronster
Ronster - August 8, 2010 at 8:53am
Thanks, but I was unable to get this to work on my Itouch 2G running 3.1.3. I attempted to install it twice and each time it would reboot after sliding the install bar at the bottom. I hope there is a fix for this!
Ronster
Ronster - August 11, 2010 at 10:44am
UPDATE: After numerous attempts I still couldn't get it to work. I jailbreak it using Spirit. For anyone having the same problem as me, I would recommend using it. It was very easy to install.
john
john - August 8, 2010 at 12:30am
why does mine always crash?
jake
jake - August 4, 2010 at 12:56pm
do i press the upgrade button then once its upgraded i sync the ipod then jailbreak but once i have done all this can i sync my ipod without it un-jailbreaking it
Animal
Animal - August 3, 2010 at 8:30am
My son has a jailbroken 2g touch on 3.1.3. The laptop he used to sync with screwed up some time ago and hasn't been synced for ages. Id like to update to 4.0 and use jailbreakme If I download 4.0 and install an then use jailbreakme without syncing will that work? Is there anyway to sync the apps to the new laptop? Not to fussed about the music, just the apps etc. Ta
KevJey
KevJey - August 3, 2010 at 3:07am
All done, no problems on my Ipod Touch 3G 64GB. Kev....
joske
joske - August 3, 2010 at 2:27pm
Thanks :) Will try
Brody greer
Brody greer - March 29, 2013 at 12:37am
Can u give me the full link cause I goes straight to cydia