Consumer Reports Says It Will Continue to Not Recommend the iPhone 4

Consumer Reports Says It Will Continue to Not Recommend the iPhone 4

Posted September 13, 2010 at 6:35pm by iClarified · 15 comments · Add Comment
\\'asteD- - September 14, 2010 at 6:09am
WTF...! Bumper is free... omfg consumer reports...
Ryan - September 14, 2010 at 3:55am
That nails made me sick :( honestly get a nail cutter man
Leonick - September 13, 2010 at 11:36pm
And I will continue to recommend you to not listen to them. Seriously their first test results resulted in a recommendation, they didnt find the problem in real life testing, doesnt that speak for itself? It's not a big issue in real life, and for people who think it is, well the bumper is still free after september 30th, just look here, "We now know that the iPhone 4 antenna attenuation issue is even smaller than we originally thought. A small percentage of iPhone 4 users need a case, and we want to continue providing them a Bumper case for free. For everyone else, we are discontinuing the free case program on all iPhone 4s sold after September 30, 2010. We are also returning to our normal returns policy for all iPhone 4s sold after September 30. Users experiencing antenna issues should call AppleCare to request a free Bumper case." That's what it says in apples site...
GTFOconsumerReports - September 13, 2010 at 9:54pm
Honestly, who actually gives a fuck on why consumer reports say about anything?! I bet no one ever listens what they recommend, I mean seriously it's been like 3 months already and there are still lines out there for an iPhone 4...
Agreed - September 13, 2010 at 9:52pm
I agree with consumer reports how can a company say that they are providing free cases to solve a problem and then all of a sudden stop giving away cases without solving the problem. I personally have dropped more than a few calls just by having a pinky cover that black strip. Same with dropping YouTube videos over 3G. If they don't fix the phone or keep giving free cases I hope someone sues the fuck out of the thieves at apple.
Leonick - September 13, 2010 at 11:29pm
How cane they? Simple, as they said, far to few actually used the case program anyway because it's just not an issue in real life. And the will continue give you a free bumper if you do experience antenna problems...
The Who - September 13, 2010 at 9:44pm
Who cares about what they say or recommend. That guys nails are disgusting.
Elko - September 13, 2010 at 8:13pm
I using my iPhone 4 for 6 weeks and had no problems (Optus)
marco - September 13, 2010 at 6:59pm
you dont freaken buy the bumber! its free!
KnightHawk - September 13, 2010 at 7:08pm
Will your grandfather buy you one after September 30th you fool? Apple has to do something about it!
marco - September 13, 2010 at 7:19pm
well you dont need to buy a bumber! you could buy any case or a bumber replica that are like $5 or less! or you could use a zagg! do you own an iphone!? because I do and I dont use a bumber,case,or zagg and I haven't had any problems with signal!
xplode - September 13, 2010 at 7:29pm
It's free before 30 september, after that it will cost you
Benjamin - September 13, 2010 at 7:30pm
But point of the matter is, you shouldnt have to buy extra tings to make the device function out of the box properly. You didnt state your country of origin, and therefore you may be in a country that uses a signal band that is not effected by the change in antenna. Or you may live in a part of america using the 850 band, who knows. theres a lot that plays into it. The fact is, people have issues, and a bandaide does not fix a broken leg, just like the bumper doesnt fix the antenna issue, just covers it up. And to your comment before, what happens if you break the bumper? then you have to pay out of pocket. plus I dont trust cases that are not from the manufacturer. Have been that way since the nokia days.
Leonick - September 13, 2010 at 11:32pm
No xplode, it won't cost after that either, if you have a antenna problem report it to applecare for a free bumper
mz - September 13, 2010 at 6:45pm