October 4, 2022
Glassgate Next for the iPhone 4?

Glassgate Next for the iPhone 4?

Posted October 7, 2010 at 10:12pm · 10 comments · Add Comment
sevyn
sevyn - October 9, 2010 at 12:14pm
who writes these fake articles? I never had an antenna problem, I've dropped my phone, I've put it front side down on many tables and have no scratches, now that I have my free case, I still don't have scratches anywhere front OR back. Who are these people scratching their phones?
iceman121
iceman121 - October 13, 2010 at 5:35pm
why would u call this a fake artical? because of the fact it did not happen to you or maybe someone you know does not mean this is fake come on now.
lcurry12
lcurry12 - October 8, 2010 at 6:47am
Is this a joke? What competitor started this problem? Wouldn't it be easier to use a damp cloth to clean the phone and case every now and then?
iDammit
iDammit - October 8, 2010 at 7:58am
Agreed. Not necessarily a competitor though, possibly Apple just being a little too keen to prevent another media frenzy. In the end though your right, an avoidable non issue.
Hal 9000
Hal 9000 - October 8, 2010 at 11:29am
Is the price you have to pay when you are on the top and are the # 1. Everybody creates histories and lies about you, your products or your services. If there is a problem in this area the solution is simple, don't use a close case in your iPhone 4. it wasn't design in that way.
digihead
digihead - October 8, 2010 at 7:12pm
yep, brighter you burn - more water they prepare!
David
David - October 7, 2010 at 10:58pm
So they're concerned, yet they're investigating (meaning they have insufficient data to draw a conclusion)? They are just now doing this investigating and yet the bumper cases, designed months ago, suddenly makes sense now? They aren't selling 3rd party cases, yet they are selling them online (don't cases bought online work the same as those bought in a store?)? They gave away bumpers for free to avoid 3rd party cases with a back, yet all of the other cases given out for free at the same time did have backs? For a story to be true, all the data needs to line up, not just piecemeal, as needed to draw each individual conclusion. And why are we first hearing about this now? After 10 million phone sales, you'd think the evidence of such rampant issue would have shown up all over the place by now.
iDammit
iDammit - October 8, 2010 at 3:11am
I think the problem is twofold David. In my opinion the bumper was designed as a pre emptive fix for an issue that Apple was already aware of (the antenna). The slide on case issue is one I believe that has crept in stealthily and possibly exaggerated because of the need to have a case of some form on the 4 to avoid the signal issue. I don't think it will grow to be as big an issue especially as it can be avoided by a little TLC, and believe me, at £600 ($951.02) my iPhone gets a lot of TLC
Leonick
Leonick - October 8, 2010 at 7:04am
I don't have a case on and i never have problems with the antenna, just saying... not even at home where i have a maximum of 1-2 bars... As for the article itself, smells a little bit BS i say... The bumper case design isnt weird at all, it's designed to give some protection from a fall as all the edges are covered, it also let's you put it down on any table or whatever without having to worry the slightest that you would scratch it as it would be resting on the bumper, all this while still showing the front and back... seem perfectly logical to me
iDammit
iDammit - October 8, 2010 at 7:53am
Hi Leonick, I'm glad you haven't had problems and wish I could say the same. I have the loss of signal issue and until the update I had the proximity sensor problem. As for the bumper, I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was a choice thing but in my case (no pun intended) it is no,t although I do agree with your points regarding the protection it affords. One of the main reasons I wanted the Ip4 is because I think visually it is stunning, with the bumper added it looks like an LG. I am not annoyed enough with Apple to become "a hater", but next upgrade I will wait a month or so to see if there are any glitches to take into consideration rather than queue for hours as I have in the past.