December 9, 2022
iPhone 3G Users Get Errors Updating to 2.0.1

iPhone 3G Users Get Errors Updating to 2.0.1

Posted August 5, 2008 at 2:44pm · 21 comments · Add Comment
Okami
Okami - August 9, 2008 at 9:28am
There is a very simple solution to this problem: just reset your iPhone. The updated carrier settings will download after the update but before your data is put back on the phone. Of course you need to back up your data, but iTunes should take care of everything.
y
y - August 7, 2008 at 12:23am
same in Japan with Softbank 2.0.1 Firmware
GARBOBOGAR
GARBOBOGAR - August 6, 2008 at 9:41pm
I have a Telcel subscription in Mexico. So a legal Iphone G3 also gets an similar error message. So it does not only concern unlocked Iphones. Apple is these days not to accurate with software, a real pity. Remember MobileMe disaster?
Alessio
Alessio - August 6, 2008 at 12:12pm
TIM in Italy sells factory unlocked iPhones. The update works fine, but then I received the same error, that iTunes was not able to apply the carrier specific settings. It gave me that error every time I plugged the iP. After a few times I clicked "cancel" and now it does not ask anymore, even if I click "Check for Updates". Anyway the iPhone is fully functional.
Roemer van Toorn
Roemer van Toorn - August 6, 2008 at 10:42am
I have a T-Mobile subscription in the Netherlands. So a legal Iphone G3 also gets an similar error message. So it does not only concern unlocked Iphones, but perhaps all European and non-American Iphone's. Apple is these days not to accurate with software, a real pity. Remember MobileMe disaster?
Alex
Alex - August 6, 2008 at 10:09am
with legally unlocked Italian TIM iphone everything all right with 2.0.1
Christian Nordin
Christian Nordin - August 6, 2008 at 9:07am
Same shit Telia Sweden
Blackmoon
Blackmoon - August 5, 2008 at 8:07pm
Same problem with Hutchinson Hong Kong
Aetherius
Aetherius - August 5, 2008 at 7:40pm
Orange Romania - same shit here..
hagenuk
hagenuk - August 5, 2008 at 7:14pm
No problem for my case. 3G iPhone officially unlocked by vodafone and using MobileOne network in Singapore. The phone was previous "pwned" using PwnageTool 2.0 http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=31632939&postcount=8