Guy Accidentally Bought 'I Am Rich' App for $999.99

Guy Accidentally Bought 'I Am Rich' App for $999.99

Posted August 7, 2008 at 9:56am by iClarified · 39 comments · Add Comment
rob - October 4, 2009 at 5:13am
Any purchase made with a Visa card can be canceled. He just needs to ask. The real problem here is that this guy knows that, and he's just looking for attention. This is non news.
unknown - February 17, 2009 at 2:12am
LOL..LMAF.. Just notice the I Phone picture.. it has 340 review...he's not the only one.. LOL'
unknown - February 17, 2009 at 2:07am
The idiot needs to tell his VISA card rep that he's been scam.. They will file a fraud report immediately to the FBI. Unless his VISA card company does business out of a tin shack. Give me a break these stupid fraud don't work.. unless you're in a 3rd world country, and nobody in a 3rd world county don't even have rotatory phone yet!!!. Don't even get me started.
unknown - February 17, 2009 at 1:58am
Omfg.. are u kidding me.. which retard even post this.. This is one of those stupid eye catching topic for a forum.. Just call your credit card company. In most case if the seller/retailer is being an a..s..s about it. The credit card company will let you keep the product and refund/ credit your account.... If its a check card..you usually have 3 business days to ask your bank to cancel the transaction. Unless u don't need a credit card to apply for I-Tune. If you figure out how to register I-Tunes without using a credit or bank card, llet me know..
unknown - February 17, 2009 at 2:06am
Ryan - September 18, 2008 at 7:46pm
The app was in the App Store. He clicked it and almost certainly got an "Are you sure?" message. We're supposed to believe he's entitled to a refund because he feels he got cheated?? What is this, a lottery that rewards stupidity?? Regardless, I do believe the App Store should have a "satisfaction guaranteed" clause or some kind of return policy. If I buy an app, and it sucks, I would want my money back, regardless of whether or not I "mistakenly" bought it.
nobody - August 9, 2008 at 1:58am
Normally I'd think he should get his money back, BUT he slandered/libelled the person- he claimed it was a scam and the app was a fake. Just because of that I don't think he deserves to get his money back. You make a mistake, you admit it, ask for forgiveness/mercy etc. You don't say it's somebody else's fault. The moment you do that, my sympathy for you goes all the way down, and no refunds - heck you just got your $999.99 worth of _EDUCATION_. If this first installment doesn't teach you anything, you better be prepared to pay for more lessons.
Gama - August 8, 2008 at 2:35pm
i am having trouble feeling for this dude here. back in where i live though any purchase u make has a 14 days money back warranty, no questions asked, i really don't know if that extends to software purchases OTA. i don't think the app itself should be taken from the app-store. regard it has a way to compliment the developer with a donation "traded" for a simbolic application. but not to deny multiple times when asked if you want to take that shot and where you want it, infact asking for it to be in your wallet... sheeeshh he must have been wandering: "how many confirmation steps there is???" i confess i do that all the time... ever installed software in your PC not wanting to reboot? "i am sure there is one more step.... they'l ask me again... i still need to tell them my visa number... and the other one... and my name... Damnnnn my other me just activated the iClick account!!!!" Please confirm i'm stupid! "yes you are!" still I do think the guy could ask for his money back.
indumerato - August 8, 2008 at 8:24am
If you get your money back I'll be happy knowing that we are safe against cheaters. Honestly I believe that no antitrust law covers your case. Good luck.
RolloM - August 8, 2008 at 5:49am
I'm talking about European law, see Wikipedia regarding unfair competition, for instance. Unfair competition law deals with good faith in commercial matters. The term good faith is somewhat difficult to explain to non-lawyers, it describes how a honest man should behave when having legal contacts, and unfair competition law deals with commercial contacts in particular. Setting up traps like the one we see here is definitely not honest in this sense. Guess you will agree on that. Similar case: Some guy selling an "iPhone Package" on ebay hoping that there are certainly some few people among the hundreds who see the offer who will overlook the word "Package" and bid believing they would bid for an iPhone itself. Humans are not perfectly rational in all situations. You can even cheat a few of many people if you write a very clear offer. The question in this case is much less, whether a reasonable and attentive man would recognize the cheating, but whether the reason for the offer is obviously to cheat on som inattentive victim. We're not talking about formal stuff here ("It was written there"), but about the material question, whether the offer was made to cheat or not.
flo - August 8, 2008 at 5:29am
@RolloM You're welcome. 1. Ok, tell me how this about unfair competition law in your opinion? 2. Don't you think if people are stupid enough to click on 999.99 $ "Buy", they deserve to pay for it? 3. If you clicked on that dialer, although it clearly states that it costs that much, you should have to pay too, no matter how outrageous the price. If it is not clearly visible or stated at all it's different of course. 4. What country / law system are you reffering to? You might be right that you would have a case in front of a jury, but there are enough countries where there are no jury trials ...
Prev 1 of 4 Next