February 24, 2024

How to Increase the Volume of Your 2.0.1 iPhone
Comments

Posted August 16, 2008 at 8:20pm · 39 comments · Add Comment
bio
bio - December 10, 2008 at 5:16am
installation went without problems and it definitly increased the volume on my austrian iphone. now i can turn the volume up until it hurts my ears.
chris
chris - October 24, 2008 at 2:17pm
omg im not kidding i realy thought i might mess up my iphone or just not do anything but i installed it and i didnt make it any louder but it did make the speaker sound twice as good it also handles bass alot better thanks guys keep it up
nataraja
nataraja - October 24, 2008 at 10:39am
Just in case.... For 3g and 2.1 users, under installer4 add sosiphone's source and install ' son max ' You will gain 20% more volume... Tested and approved
kenny
kenny - October 23, 2008 at 2:04pm
hey evey1,tried installin the app. 3 times now and does not work for me. i am on the 2.1 version.so pls u guys at iclarified if u could look into the app. again or is there any other ways to boost the volume to at least make it as gud as the 3g iphones..suggestions will be appreicated. thanx
nataraja
nataraja - October 10, 2008 at 4:24pm
sosiphone source : i.sosiphone.com
nataraja
nataraja - October 10, 2008 at 4:19pm
nataraja
nataraja - October 1, 2008 at 3:52am
yesss, please the 2.1 FW version .....
MikeM
MikeM - September 17, 2008 at 1:00pm
This has not worked for me, with 2.1. I've tried installing 3 times now, and have had to restore each time. 2.1 coming soon?
andres
andres - September 13, 2008 at 4:22pm
@ iLikemyiPhone would not count on it. and also, did not notice a difference on 2.0.2. please iclarified, make a patch for 2.1 :)
iLikemyiPhone
iLikemyiPhone - September 13, 2008 at 4:17pm
will this work with 2.1 ... ?
iClarified
iClarified - September 10, 2008 at 11:40pm
This should work fine with 2.0.2.
@brian, do a reset settings and you should be fine!
andres
andres - September 10, 2008 at 1:24am
Does this work with 2.0.2? Or are there any instructions on how to boost volume for 2.0.2??
brian
brian - September 7, 2008 at 11:57pm
so my volume is also screwed. everythign is muted.. uninstalled and its still like that. I WOULD NOT recomend this app.
CharlyGears
CharlyGears - September 6, 2008 at 2:45pm
Is it working with 2.0.2 ?? Regards
Awayze
Awayze - August 21, 2008 at 6:22am
Will this work on 2.0.2? I see the Installer icon is also a bit lower on iClarified's iPhone aswell. ^^ Any one else's ??
Kristian Trenskow
Kristian Trenskow - August 19, 2008 at 4:12am
Thanks a lot. Been looking for since 2.0 came out. Works like a charm.
fase
fase - August 18, 2008 at 3:43pm
fase
fase - August 18, 2008 at 3:20pm
i got the same exact problem as you. all my sounds stoped working after tho..like my keyboard clicks uh no ring tone new texts messages camera. nothing works idk what to do
Dorin
Dorin - August 18, 2008 at 3:26am
Well, sound is a bit louder.. I wonder, can be updated this apps to be fixed and in call low volume ?
bigjohnny002
bigjohnny002 - August 18, 2008 at 12:38am
i don't see iclarified anywhere on the Section list of Cydia. i thought i installed it correctly. any suggestions?
Daniel Cohen
Daniel Cohen - August 17, 2008 at 7:11pm
iClarified rules!!! This software is the most useful one that has been created for the IPhone! Congratulations!!!
Y-not
Y-not - August 17, 2008 at 3:02pm
Can I use this fix on my 2.0.0 phone. I know it says it is for 2.0.1 but i have not updated yet. If not is there fix for 2.0.0 or can any1 tell me where the three files are located and if sshing and changing the values manually works as well thanks
Mack
Mack - August 17, 2008 at 11:09am
Ah so I got the volume boost working, BUT, it DEACTIVATES MiVTones and causes the videotones to stop working. So, I had to uninstall Volume Boost :(
jrvs
jrvs - August 17, 2008 at 9:33am
Magnificent work, Mr.! I just reinstalled the app and everything is working -and sounding- fine. Thanks a lot. Oh and I believe that overall volume increased a bit. Still a bad sound machine either.
Grof Flek
Grof Flek - August 17, 2008 at 9:20am
Wow, excellent! It works great on my iPhone. It cam 1.1.3 OTB, and it was wildly loud out of the box. Then I upgraded to 1.1.4, and it became silent like the old iPhone i had. With this patch, everything is back to loud with 2.0.1 again!
Mack
Mack - August 17, 2008 at 9:14am
Ah I just retried installing the volume boost for 2.0.1 and it worked. Thanks iClarified! It's a great tweak. I wish it would increase the volume a bit more but it still does increase it a little. Thanks!
maz
maz - August 17, 2008 at 8:16am
Hi! All works perfect at my Pwnage 2.0.1 and 2.0.1 FW 16GB iPhone 1 generation. Except that I don´t hear any different between now when install the Increase and before. Anyone know How much louder it should be after install it???
marc
marc - August 17, 2008 at 1:21am
yes, im on 2.0.1 and i am flipping sh** thinking my phone is messed up. what should i do to fix it?
iClarified
iClarified - August 17, 2008 at 1:18am
Hey guys, are you on the 2.0.1 firmware? Like I mentioned earlier the files I have updated for this were taken from the 2.0.1 firmware. I also just updated the package to fix the DS_Store error. I notice all three of you commented right around the same time. I hope my upload didn't catch you in the middle of install :S I can confirm 100% that keyboard sound and sleep/wake sound are still present. If you unfortunately managed to catch the package in the middle of an update I would suggest a Reset Settings to repair the issue. Sorry if that was the case!
iClarified
iClarified - August 17, 2008 at 1:13am
@CrazyMex, thanks for noticing this. OSX Finder creates a hidden file in each folder that needs to be removed. The package has been updated!
marc
marc - August 17, 2008 at 1:13am
yeah everything is muted on mine too like vibrate/sound for new text message and when i am typing in a text theirs no keyboard sound..When taking a picture it doesnt mack the snaping sound. this sucks =[
What?>>
What?>> - August 17, 2008 at 1:11am
What the hell ?? I installed it on my 2.0 iphone and now I don't have the kwyboard sound and the lock sound when I click sleep/wake button! I tried to uninstall it but cydia does not display the volume boost I installed through iclarified source. I did manage and packages the volume boost nowhere to be seen.
jrvs
jrvs - August 17, 2008 at 1:06am
Hi, I have the same problem as crazy, marc and mack. Tried to uninstall/remove but it seems like in the middle of installation so neither the OS recognizes the app to be removed, nor is working, so it muted almost every function on my iPhone. Please let me also thank-u iclarified for your page; it may be the best iPhone-related web page.
mack
mack - August 17, 2008 at 1:01am
I tried installing the Volume Boost and I get the following error: Source Error - trying to overwrite '/.DS_Store', which is also in package com.ifonetec.mivtones. What should I do? I have MiVTones installed so that's probably why im getting this error. ANY IDEAS?
marc
marc - August 17, 2008 at 12:40am
crazymex i got the same exact problem as you. all my sounds stoped working after tho..like my keyboard clicks uh new texts messages camera. nothing works idk what to do
james
james - August 16, 2008 at 10:21pm
will this work with 2.0
CrazyMex
CrazyMex - August 16, 2008 at 10:05pm
Hi iClarified, First I want to thank you for your page, it has been a great help through my iPhone journey. When I try to install the volume boost I get a Source Error "trying to overwrite /.DS_STORE, which is also in package com.iclarified.cydia.disableac201" Any suggestions? This happened after I installed the disable auto correction package. Regards
iClarified
iClarified - August 16, 2008 at 9:11pm
It should; however, I specifically edited the files from the 2.0.1 firmware. A removal of the package will undo any changes if you notice any problems...
zalim
zalim - August 16, 2008 at 8:47pm
Hello: does anyone know, if the this volume boost will also work on the 2.0 firmware? plz reply