December 8, 2022

Apple Releases iPhone 2.0.2 Firmware

Posted August 18, 2008 at 6:39pm · 11 comments · Add Comment
Aetherius
Aetherius - August 21, 2008 at 2:18pm
well, you could also downgrade to 2.0.1 using itunes 7.5 in DFU mode, restore with custom firmware, made with pwnage or winpwn of course, and then simply update to 2.0.2 i did one phone today just like that [i'm unlocking phones in my city.. also the people tend to restore to the newest version instead of simply upgrade :)) ..but it's ok.. i'm making money on this]
existenz
existenz - August 20, 2008 at 2:28am
Nope. It is still unlocked but asks to be activated. Thus do not update, but wait for new winpwn that supports 2.0.2.
Abhi
Abhi - August 19, 2008 at 5:36am
If you update via iTunes - you will loose Cydia and Installer. But it will be still unlocked. I don't use Cydia or Installer personally and find the Apple Store much better. If you need Cydia or Installer - you will have to wait for the dev team to release the pwn tool.
Crabz_Paws
Crabz_Paws - August 19, 2008 at 5:09am
Where is the Cydia & Installer gone after the update??? Can I jail break it somehow?????
Abhi
Abhi - August 19, 2008 at 2:22am
I have successfully done that. For awareness, I had an iPhone 2G running on firmware 2.0.1. I has updated to 2.0.1 using winpwn. This time I just used itunes update feature.
bcbud420
bcbud420 - August 19, 2008 at 12:10am
no i dont think its of for you to update via itunes, u should never do i think once you have jailbreaken, not 100% sure though
macfightclub
macfightclub - August 19, 2008 at 12:08am
i have a 1.1.2 unlocked & jailbraked iphone working perfectly with the iunlock method http://iphone.unlock.no/OTB112unlock.htm is it secure to update to 2.0.1 with pwn tool or i can't do anything for upgrade
Awayze1201
Awayze1201 - August 18, 2008 at 10:24pm
I just updated, the baseband remains the same as 2.0 and 2.0.1 but my iPhone is officialy activated but not on contract :-) So it should be safe as last time it was.
sim singh
sim singh - August 18, 2008 at 9:54pm
This update seems to fix the compatibility issues between iphone 3g and bose sounddock portable.
pstonge
pstonge - August 18, 2008 at 9:24pm
Sorry. Forgot to add it is a 2G phone. My bad.