Sprint Says the iPhone Will Help It Keep Unlimited Data Plans

Sprint Says the iPhone Will Help It Keep Unlimited Data Plans

gringo - October 27, 2011 at 10:28pm
Too bad Steve is gone, this guy (Dan Hesse) would have sucked his dlck really well. He thinks he needs to kiss apple ass these days, and justify his bet of committing billions to buying iPhones. Hope it works for Mr. Hesse...
datumax - October 27, 2011 at 8:55pm
Too bad my bandwidth is shit. "Unlimited data" is useless at these rates. P.S. This "confirmed nationwide issue,"--or whatever they want to call this iPhone throttling--is obviously just a ploy cap our bandwidth. We should petition for a credit until they get their shit together... 1. datumax
mcf3778 - October 27, 2011 at 9:44pm
its everything sprint.... the whole network is broken... hell my phone only gets 1X data 25kbs speeds.... sprint needs to fold or file chapter 11
vix - October 28, 2011 at 12:56pm
how different are these speeds compared to being on a unlocked phone on EDGE(Tmobile)???? curious to know. thoughts?
datumax - October 28, 2011 at 1:24pm
Without looking up any stats, I would say comparable. I'm basic that opinion on my experience with the original iPhone on AT&T. The benefit you get on T-Mobile would be the ability to talk and text/data at the same time, which you cannot on Sprint. But we are expecting for Sprint to fix the issue (aren't we?), whereas your just stuck on Edge for good. I would upgrade if I were you, and consider AT&T first, then Sprint.
vix - October 28, 2011 at 1:49pm
thanks @datumax .. it's a tough call, i'm on 3g/tmoble. i could go 4gs and stay tmobile, benefit would be cost of unlimited data sadly at edge speed. unfortunately ATT does not offer unlimited. and sprint is the speed of edge! will keep waiting it out and make a decision as Nov. rolls around