December 9, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Absinthe 2.0 (Mac) [5.1.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Absinthe 2.0 (Mac) [5.1.1]

Posted May 28, 2012 at 1:54am · 98 comments · Add Comment
Mick
Mick - June 11, 2012 at 12:41pm
i've jailbreak my iphone 4s Sprint with Absinthe and then Gevey to unlock and use it with my carrier....everything seems to be working fine except the Vibrate does not work. Can some suggest if there is a tweak or if it is a hardware issue??
Ailes
Ailes - June 5, 2012 at 4:42am
Everything works fine except VIBRATE does not work after jailbreak What do you think? should I restore the phone?
Anass
Anass - July 19, 2012 at 2:45am
I went through the steps for my 3gs and ueaptdd 06.15.00, Cydia installed fine but I lost my stock apps. No safari, apps store, etc. All I have is Videos, Weateher, Reminderd, Newstand, Settings, Youtube,Stocks, Utils, and Cydia. Any ideas what went wrong and if anything I can do from here! Thanks
Thones
Thones - May 31, 2012 at 6:03pm
Hi, i have problem with iPhone 4s 5.1.1 very single open cydia.they say ( -GPG error ....... - Failed to fetch .... -some index file failed ......) but if i press Return to Cydia bottom every look find. I need some from iClearified thank you
Niranjan
Niranjan - August 14, 2012 at 7:13am
lol this case doesn't add much bulk at all to be honest. if you're looikng to comment on a case thats ugly and adds bulk check out pretty much any OtterBox case video. Those cases are HUGE. and yes, i've heard of invisible shields (i even have a video for it) but they don't protect against falls/drops, just scratches
Babel
Babel - May 30, 2012 at 2:28am
Worked for my unlocked 4S 64gb, although some icons have been turning completely white, randomly, maybe changes from one icon to another after installing or updating an app. White icons could be settings button now, later mail or itunes or music or combination of some, and up to 3 icons at once, all in the iphone's first screen. Still, phone is working normally though. Just weird.
Ric
Ric - August 14, 2012 at 11:08pm
Just open up cydia and iwipe cache! Install it and confirm! Then icon will appear on the screen, everytime your icon turns white, tap the iwipe cache icon or reinstall and your icon will be fix!
Ric
Ric - August 14, 2012 at 11:10pm
Just open up cydia and search iwipe cache and install that!
Joe
Joe - May 29, 2012 at 2:00pm
Absinthe stopped near the end at the "waiting for reboot", but the iphone seems to be working already. but having reception problems. keeps jumping to "no service" and back to one or two signal bars. would re-jailbreaking fix the problem?
accelonace
accelonace - May 29, 2012 at 1:30pm
Your iPhone has to be activated to jailbreak using absinthe. Does anyone know a way around this issue?
bd
bd - June 2, 2012 at 12:51am
i had the same issue with absinthe but i tried with snowbreeze instead and in there it gives you the option of activating. here's a link: http://www.iphone4jailbreak.org/download-sn0wbreeze-2-9-5-snowbreeze-5-1-1-jailbreak.html hope this helped!
mk
mk - June 8, 2012 at 6:55pm
Snowbreeze does not support 4s. Anyone found a solution for 4s yet.
maru2lo
maru2lo - May 29, 2012 at 12:22am
PwnageTool 5.1.1???? when???
maru2lo
maru2lo - May 29, 2012 at 12:17am
hola a todos, por favor, alguien que responda; tengo la version 5.0.1 con jailbreak y quiero actualizar a la version 5.1.1 con JB, como lo debo de hacer? actualizo a la version 5.1.1 y luego hago el JB??? pero, se perderan todos mis aplicaciones? hi, someone please respond, I have version 5.0.1 with jailbreak and I want to upgrade to version 5.1.1 to JB, as I do? update to version 5.1.1 and then do the JB??? but will be lost all my applications?
angel
angel - May 29, 2012 at 3:41am
no si le haces update . no restore.
Rod Peel
Rod Peel - May 29, 2012 at 11:17am
Hasta ahora he JB'd un 3GS y un 4S. En ambos casos, que una copia de seguridad luego se actualiza a 5.1.1 a continuación, aplicar la absenta a JB. Con el 3GS no me borrar todas las configuraciones y los datos tal como se aconseja primero y el JB tomó aproximadamente 13 horas para completar la totalidad y no se reinicie al final (un reinicio manual hizo el truco). El 4S se despejó primero y el JB tomó unos 5 minutos mac entonces yo me devolvió la unidad de negocio y todo estaba bien, con una excepción. La App Store ahora me dice que tiene 45 actualizaciones de espera! No hay pérdida de aplicaciones! Espero que esto ayude. So far I have JB'd a 3GS and a 4S. In both cases I backed up then updated to 5.1.1 then applied absinthe to JB. With the 3GS I did not clear all settings and data first as advised and the JB took approximately 13 hours to complete fully and failed to reboot at the end (a manual reboot did the trick). The 4S was cleared first and the JB took about 5 minutes mac then I restored my BU and all was OK with one exception. The App Store now tells me I have 45 updates waiting! No loss of Apps! I hope this helps.
Luis
Luis - May 30, 2012 at 1:58am
Hazle un update via itunes o wi-fi y luego dale un jb. No perderas nada.
Luis
Luis - May 30, 2012 at 2:08am
Miento, en mi caso no perdi nada ya que mi 4s no estaba jb de principio. Es muy probable que te lo deje como nuevo y si perderas todo. Haz un backup primero. Luego actualiza, jb y restaura.
Rod Peel
Rod Peel - May 28, 2012 at 10:49pm
JB'd my 3GS last night. It took 12 hours but was successful apart from having to manually reboot at the end. Everything worked OK but before doing the restore I loaded Apsync and Installous from Haculous repository and SB Settings from Big Boss (who can manage without these?). This is a must if you have any Apptrakr apps otherwise you may loose them from iTunes.
Dick
Dick - May 28, 2012 at 8:09pm
add this to cydia repo.iparelhose.com/ install 5.1.1 fixer then install ultrasn0w... That will fix the unlock for 5.1.1... As for iMessage and mms and FaceTime and all those issues do NOT hacktivate ur phone just do that custom preserve throught redsnow and when prompted for iTunes put in AT