September 29, 2022
How to Easily Install nitoTV and XBMC on Your Apple TV 2

How to Easily Install nitoTV and XBMC on Your Apple TV 2

Posted August 12, 2012 at 8:25pm · 39 comments · Add Comment
Reuben
Reuben - July 6, 2015 at 2:34am
The first few links I found for Nito Installer for windows were dead (as others have found), I found a proper working link here: http://nito-installer.software.informer.com/download/ The method shown here works for getting NitoTV on your ATV2, however the xbmc will not install, probably because it is now migrated to KODI (previously XBMC). Just install Nito Installer to your PC, click Install Nito TV to Apple TV, then use the NITOTV app on the ATV2 to install KODI-ATV2 from there, works perfectly :)
Chris554455
Chris554455 - April 24, 2015 at 7:37pm
So I have followed all directions I have never been asked for a password . when I attempt to upgrade my apple tv just resets and does nothing am I missing a step
JRG
JRG - June 30, 2015 at 8:37pm
If the NitoTV icon doesn't show up after the install, try to upgrade NitoTv. That worked for me.
H bomb
H bomb - April 24, 2015 at 12:59am
There are no working NIto installers. Has anyone found a download that works?
reubes
reubes - July 6, 2015 at 2:38am
See my comment above
Charles P.
Charles P. - March 12, 2015 at 2:22am
Every time I try and download Nito Installer on to my Mac Desktop I get a 403 forbidden Error and it won't let me download it. It tells me I have to contact a site administer but it my own personal computer on my own home network. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Nate
Nate - March 14, 2015 at 9:12pm
Unfortunately, I cannot help you. However, I am having the same problem. Each time I try to download I get the same 403 forbidden error.
doghouse828
doghouse828 - March 26, 2015 at 2:42pm
I've been having the same problem, did anyone get this solved or have suggestions?
Gadger
Gadger - February 8, 2015 at 2:06pm
I installed nito and the icon was on my Apple TV. But when I installed the Xbmc the nito installer had the green tick, but xbmc did not appear on the Apple TV. Any suggestions Regards Phil
Georg
Georg - February 13, 2015 at 9:45pm
This is my Problem too
reubes
reubes - July 6, 2015 at 2:40am
See my comment (and please 'like' it if it works for you). Good Luck.
bentully14
bentully14 - July 16, 2013 at 8:12pm
Hi, I recently installed the new 5.3 software update on my Apple TV 2. I have done the tethered jailbreak and loaded the Nito TV installer onto my PC. However when the Nito installer lauches, my Apple TV does not show?? They are 100% connected to the safe network so does anyone know what the problem may be? Thanks
usacntrygirl
usacntrygirl - August 8, 2013 at 6:08am
I am having this same problem. Were you able to figure out the problem?
Danishknight
Danishknight - February 8, 2015 at 7:43pm
I,ve got the same problem!! Did you find a solution?
BillyZ
BillyZ - March 9, 2013 at 7:18am
Hi I did the Jailbreak it seemed to work ok except i don't have icefilms... can anyone help with this? has this happened to anyone else?
callmebaby
callmebaby - February 19, 2013 at 1:25am
I have problems installing NITO TV, the Apple TV is jailbroken (see the icon for the setting season). NITO TV tells me not to have done the jailbreak (if available), or asks me password (not modified), entering frontrow, this word is where it was before the Apple TV's IP and does no processing,.....Or to install remains linked in thinking, but nothing, does any process.
Ketro
Ketro - February 17, 2013 at 9:17pm
Apparently once you upgrade it's impossible to downgrade unless you've used Tiny Umbrella to save your previous firmware signatures. So because I updated to 5.2 I'm screwed until XBMC comes out with a version that works on 5.2. Nice. This is why I hate jailbreaking. Love the benefits, despise the hassle and complexity. Such a pain in the ass.
Paul
Paul - February 17, 2013 at 10:16pm
Just download the ipsw file 5.1.1 and update through itunes, this is done by selecting restore while holding alt key, select the ipsw file this should then restore your apple tv. Then run jailbreak seasonpass. It worked fine for me first time after updating to 5.2
gt86
gt86 - February 18, 2013 at 11:12pm
I was able to downgrade to 5.0.2 but everytime I jailbreak it upgrade to 5.2. I even tried to look for older version of seasonpass for 5.0.2. I cant find any. Please help!
Ketro
Ketro - February 17, 2013 at 8:37pm
@apad @cloetta According to the XBMC Wiki, XBMC is not supported on iOS 6. iOS 6 on AppleTV actually shows up with version numbers 5.1 or 5.2 in Setting > General > About. You need version 5.0.2. An IPSW for 5.0.2 is easily found with a Google search. You'll have to use iTunes to restore your AppleTV to 5.0.2 (I think you just option-click "Restore" to do that). Then re-jailbreak with SeasonPass. Then try installing XBMC again. I'm in the same boat. Trying all of the above now. Hope it works!