Pod2g: Apple Should Open Up iOS With Alternate Firmware That Runs Unsigned Apps

Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:07pm by iClarified · 25 comments · Add Comment
Anonymous - September 24, 2013 at 1:27am
The samsung devices have a "jailbreak" too. It's called rooting. Derp
Dani L. - June 1, 2013 at 4:24am
NO to "Open iOS" !!!!
DarkKent - May 31, 2013 at 7:41pm
I think Apple needs to spend every dollar they have trying to bring Steve Jobs back to life...
Curtix - May 31, 2013 at 7:46pm
Lmao... That's the best comment ever!!!
JoshvanHulst - May 31, 2013 at 9:06pm
LMAFO!!
Tom - May 31, 2013 at 6:12pm
i think apple simply should give their money back to people :) they have so much now. why dont we say, that they won :) lets start a new round :) go home people :) youre drunk
Tony - May 31, 2013 at 6:06pm
Apple doesnt need to do anything. Just buy an Samsung Galaxy or ANY ANDROID phone. And you can do whatever you want. I dont know why you people here are SO FOR APPLE. I mean its been the same screen layout since 2007. I used to be an apple fan too. But got boring. I love my Samsung Galaxy, I had the NOTE 2, S3, now getting the S4. Best move I already did. Its like owning a PS3, whats the point if your limited. Its your own device and you should be able to do whatever you want for it. Plus to unlock it its like 150 dollars, what the heck is that? Nobody will pay that. While an unlock for an Android phone is nearly 10.00 or so. Thats why now people are selling their iPhone 5 for 350-400. Its not worth it. I really couldnt care less about premium quality at the end they still use components from Samsung. Inside. Go buy a Samsung and see what your lacking in the Apple.
loser - May 31, 2013 at 7:24pm
Yea you discriving what android can do shot the fuck up with that samsung bullshit any android can do same just get any brand and you done samsung got nothing so fu japan 1990s bullshit will not work this time around
jonny - June 1, 2013 at 10:21am
Um, you realize Samsung is Korean, right stupid? .... kids
PreetXO - June 4, 2013 at 3:29pm
All I wish to state to you is if you have a jailbroken iPhone like many others including myself, unlocking is free, apps are free, in app purchases are free, the phone is free to do anything you want as long as you know what you are doing. I am not disagreeing with you in any way yes samsung supplies apple with many things including the screen processor etc however the way apple delivers them to the customer with the interface and user freindlyness it is just beyond anything android could ever deliver. When i pick up the new S4 at work im totally confused on what to do with it. even the old htc wildfire s confuses me. however with my iPhone everything is there and everything is simple. yes ive added some tweaks but that doesnt change the face that IOS is just the most userfriendly and comfortable phone you can buy. Try jailbreaking an iphone and using it for a week. the possibilities are endless. :) thanks
Jack black - June 8, 2013 at 7:27pm
Guy 3-400 um no try 600 to 700 do research before sounding like a clown
Moe Abdul - May 31, 2013 at 5:11pm
This would be a great idea good luck on getting apple to agree with it though
Sadra - May 31, 2013 at 4:33pm
This idea is good, but it will never happen. At least with Apple's current policies. They've got the 1st US Smartphone share, but they don't have the 1st computer share. That's why they can make rules in mobile but if they do so on Mac, they will loose costumers.
Masoud - May 31, 2013 at 5:07pm
Are u iranian?
John Duggins - May 31, 2013 at 4:03pm
This idea is terrible, at least from a data security perspective. I used to hate the idea of not being able to downgrade in order to do a jailbreak until I realized that if someone got my device and could downgrade it, they could also take my device to backdoor it. The same thing would go on here.
Curtix - May 31, 2013 at 7:52pm
You have no idea what you're talking about. They have to downgrade it to downgrade it lol... That means "flashing" an old rom. Your stuff would be gone silly.
PNHUNTER - May 31, 2013 at 3:48pm
Genious...
Me - May 31, 2013 at 3:35pm
That would be awesome instead of playing cat and mouse ..when a new firmware comes out ..I mean shit I kept my 5.1.1 on the iPad forever because of this , I didn't want to loose my jailbreak That's why Samsung is selling tones of their galaxy's people like the idea to have an open IOS .my wife has a galaxyS4 I mean you don't need to jailbreak it. You can do so much with it .. On my iPhone 5 you can't even change your freakjng keyboard color without jail braking it .. It's so stupid people are going to end up with more galaxy's phones some of them already have ..loosing so much of the market .
Fucked up logic - June 1, 2013 at 4:49am
First of all it's not iOS that's specific to apple OS second you can't change color on a galaxy s4 either without some sort of app
Prev 1 of 2 Next