Apple Testing Offline Voice Dictation for iOS?

Apple Testing Offline Voice Dictation for iOS?

MArkBenson - July 7, 2013 at 6:01am
This is so stupid that Apple didn't implemented offline voice recognition since first time, It's very stupid and ridiculous that Siri must consult Apple's servers to find one contact stored on the iPhone, THANKS FOR NOTHING APPLE'S DUMBASSES !!
samsuck shit pee v - July 7, 2013 at 1:56pm
it is just an idea FOR siri, thank you for nothing Mr.iDontgiveadamn.
Ismael Santos - July 6, 2013 at 3:38pm
IM. VERY. HAPPY. FOR. YOU. AND THE PRODUCTS.
! - July 8, 2013 at 4:08am
Plz stop ur posts are very annoying
Ismael Santos - July 6, 2013 at 3:34pm
I NEED TO KNOW. WHEN THE IOS 7 COMES TO THE PUBLIC. AND THE IOS 7 BETA 2 IS COMING. TOO PLEASE REPLY THIS MESSAGE. OR SEND ME THE ANSWER VIA MY FAX NUMBER I NEED SOME INFORMATION ABOUT. IOS. 7 PRODUCTS. PLEASE. HELP ME. OK. THIS IS. MY FAX. NUMBER (617)276-3921.
Ipadguy - July 7, 2013 at 5:32pm
In the fall iOS 7 n Mac OSX Mavericks
! - July 8, 2013 at 4:12am
Plz stop the all caps & iOS 7 is for devs only, if u were one then u wouldn't need to ask. Also, it's coming out in the fall if u paid attention to the WWDC!
NoGoodNick - July 6, 2013 at 2:47pm
This is a great idea. The dictation feature is problematic now as you can only speak a short sentence at a time, and then have to wait for the message to upload, get processed, and then download again, completely breaking your concentration. I've been using other tools for dictation instead of Siri just for this reason.
Riley - July 6, 2013 at 5:21am
It can already do this...I can make it speak highlighted text on my iPhone 4 with no internet connection. I have iOS 7 now, but it also worked in iOS 6.
Bernard - July 6, 2013 at 5:27am
Voice synthesis is the opposite of dictation. In the first case, the computer speaks aloud an already written text. In the second, the computer write a text that is spoken aloud by the user. Voice synthesis isn't new, as you report correctly. But dictation appeared only in Mountain Lion then it is extended in Mavericks. Of course you may had dictation on Mac for many years now, by using such applications as MacSpeech then Dragon Dictate.
Nuck Chorris - July 6, 2013 at 4:08am
If they haven't already, I forsee apple filing a patent for offline voice dictation..
Patents... - July 8, 2013 at 7:26am
Voice dictation patent... well, if their offline dictation is very special why not but JIBBIGO, ACAPPELA, etc are doing this perfectly since ages. It is a little bit like the MAPS fiasco in a sense... At over 800bucks a device, Apple should lower the price first or I will follow the sheeps moving to chinese phablets and android. Chinese phablets offer the same level of HW features like in the ipad mini : double sim, radio, crazy quad core processor. The UI!.. well, tons of launcher to make the look and feel better than IOS. The price ? 250 dollars. Quality ? Well, made in China, like the Apple products. But well, continue to over pay your tablets and phones to support Apple if you feel like to. :))
iMe - July 6, 2013 at 1:31am
I think it would be an option like the one I found on my MacBook Pro's dictation and speech: Use Enhanced Dictation (allows offline use and continuous dictation with live feedback. Requires 785 MB download.)
Bernard - July 6, 2013 at 1:46am
I think you make reference to a new function of OS X Mavericks (10.9) that no so many users have already installed on their Mac. Actually, in OS X 10.8.4, the dictation function works as sending the recorded voice to Apple Servers.
iMe - July 6, 2013 at 2:57am
Oh, I see. You're right. I thought it was already with Mountain Lion. :D
paulMOGG - July 6, 2013 at 12:59am
I guess if android can do it then no reason why apple can't
samsuck shit pee v - July 7, 2013 at 1:58pm
I guess if you don't understand who came up with the idea first from whoever stole it, then you don't know what apple would do that gaydroid steals.
Jgin12 - July 6, 2013 at 12:38am
It still amazes me how quickly the online dictation records our speech, uploads our speech, recognizes our voice as words, translates our voice into written word, and sends the data back to us as words on our screen. One of those things that is pretty amazing when you think about it.
No ma'am - July 6, 2013 at 12:14am