February 21, 2024

How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)
Comments (Page 2)

Posted June 20, 2009 at 7:22am · 634 comments · Add Comment
davidmcnab
davidmcnab - October 10, 2009 at 3:50pm
I am still looking for whatever I need to unlock or jailbreak my iPhone 2G with v3.1 OS on it.....I am using Windows XP SP3...is there anything out there that will permit me to do this? I am in Canada and Telus and Bell mobility will be supporting iPhone this month (?) so I want to be ready to get a Telus or Bell SIM card......Thanks....ps: and can someone advise me -- do I unlock or do I jailbreak? Or, are they pretty much the same thing with the iPhone 2G
Wayland
Wayland - October 10, 2009 at 3:30pm
It seems the link to download BL 3.9 no longer available. My question is, can I use any BL 3.9 that I previously saved for jailbroken firmware 2.0, 2.1 and 3.0 to work for 3.0.1? . or is BL 3.9 difference for each firmware version? Please advise. My iphone 2G is currently very slow respond when I press the home button and I want to restore to 3.0.1 (currently 3.0) to see if it is any better and will go for 3.1.2 later when jailbroken become available.
Aaron
Aaron - October 14, 2009 at 10:52pm
I was experiencing the same issue, used Firefox instead of IE for the download and the link worked perfectly. Same thing with the whole .zip versus .ipsw firmware packaging. IE takes the foreign firmware file and retaggs it as .zip. Using Firefox to download will get the file as .ipsw. If you've got an old bootloader file it is the same thing. You can use it no problems.
Bismal
Bismal - October 7, 2009 at 4:30am
Worked 100% spot on. Remember to take your SIM out during the process!
Elissa
Elissa - October 9, 2009 at 4:13pm
Anyone know how I can get the BL 3.9 download I need for the unlock? The website I was sent to for the download says the link was removed because it violated their terns of service. Please help! TIA.
Elissa
Elissa - October 10, 2009 at 9:43am
I believe the unlock/jailbreak went okay, but I am getting a "no service" when I put in my SIM card. Anyone experience this? Any ideas for fixing?
ABento
ABento - November 8, 2009 at 6:01am
same here.. did u get any hints how to clear the No Service?
Crzycarbone
Crzycarbone - October 3, 2009 at 10:03pm
Does any 1 know if i can jailbreak my iphone 3g with firmware 3.1?
Samdani
Samdani - September 27, 2009 at 5:09pm
hi, I was using a 2G jail broken iPhone with 2.2 firmware. Last night I have updated my iPhone's firmware to 3.0.1 following the instruction. With the SHIFT+RESTORE my phone was restored to 3.0.1 (Although the instruction was for 3.0 but it says can be done for 3.0.1 too) After restoring when I am running redsn0w 0.8 ( In the instruction its 0.7 but the link downloads 0.8) and browse to the newly installed firmware it cant recognize the firmware. Is is because of using 3.0.1? Please advise.....am already half blind with out my phone..... By da way am using Windows Vista Ultimate edition with 32 bit
Samdani
Samdani - September 27, 2009 at 11:53pm
Hi, redsn0w 0.8 takes 3.0 firmware nicely and i have restored my phone. but now I can make call but cant receive any... please help
Wayland
Wayland - October 10, 2009 at 4:00pm
Go to setting + General + Reset, select Reset All Settings. then Go back to Setting + Phone, turn on TTY then turn off again. I have the same problem before, unable to receive call after jailbroken, and so I restore it again then try to call and recevive call before jailbreak and it work just fine, but after jailbroken the problem occured. and I did as show above and it work. good luck.
Longfellow
Longfellow - October 26, 2009 at 1:58pm
I have that can't receive calls problem too. I reset all settings but it's still the same.
David McNab
David McNab - September 26, 2009 at 5:52pm
I am still looking for whatever I need to unlock or jailbreak my iPhone 2G with v3.1 OS on it.....using Windows XP SP3...is there anything out there that will permit me to do this? Thanks.
alex
alex - September 25, 2009 at 11:35pm
I am running firmware 1.1.4 will this work or do i need to update my phone to a 2.X.X version first?
Bert
Bert - September 25, 2009 at 10:24pm
my wife hit the download and install but thinking she knew what she was doing. Now the phone is locked with the latest software available. We are on T-Mo and not ATT. The phone is asking me to connect to itunes and when I do it gives my the "Invalid SIM" message. Apparently I need to activate it but I cant. I tried to run redsnow as I have before using the bootladers and at the end of the process the phone is still not active. What should I di now?
micah
micah - November 4, 2009 at 3:16am
go into DFU mode and do the described process again.
Nish
Nish - September 22, 2009 at 3:09am
worked like a charm...
Inamawan
Inamawan - September 24, 2009 at 3:05am
Hello Buddies Please update the link for BL-39 because it is not working. Thanks
Arnauld
Arnauld - September 20, 2009 at 7:43am
Hello all, if you can not make or receive calls, you should do the UltraSn0w. https://iClarified.com/4253
Shailendra Sharma
Shailendra Sharma - September 19, 2009 at 3:44am
Thanks for the post .. it worked well.. btw the BL39 file link is not working, I had to search other forums to get that file... To people who will be trying out this... just make sure to backup your iPhone so that when the upgrade is done you can backup your contacts messages and pics ! Enjoyy!!!
Ernie
Ernie - September 23, 2009 at 8:50pm
Could you tell us were to download files BL39 and BL46?Links provided are not working. Thanx
Jessica
Jessica - October 5, 2009 at 6:55pm
Hi, caould u pls give me the link how to dl the BL 3.9 thanks.
Jessica
Jessica - October 5, 2009 at 7:04pm
http://www.iphone-hacks.com/iphone-downloads/file/131 > bl 39
ebeneezerc
ebeneezerc - September 17, 2009 at 6:07am
Hi, I have a problem as I have accidentally put the 3G 3.0 firmware on my 2G phone and cannot replace it with the 2G 3.0 version using shift/restore as it says "firmware is incompatible" and won't load it. Altho the applications work fine, the phone doesn't as it now has the wrong modem software - so I need to find a way to overwrite it with the 2G 3.0 version. Any suggestions welcome - altho' I have tried all of the usual tricks
Jojo
Jojo - September 17, 2009 at 6:31am
Put it in DFU mode, then you'll be able to overwrite the firmware in it.
unknow
unknow - September 15, 2009 at 5:41am
anyone else cant download *BL 3.9 * http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1H0XAZWQ i get Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available. Reasons for this may include: - Invalid link - The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service.
will
will - October 27, 2009 at 2:49pm
I had the same problem just go to this site and it will download both Bin. files http://www.mediafire.com/?hkx0u0egyyd
davidmcnab
davidmcnab - September 13, 2009 at 9:38am
Hi all...I am new to this site. I am using a 2G iphone with version 3.1 software....I am on ATT when in the USA but want to get a SIM card from Rogers (in Canada)......will these instructions work, or do I need to wait for (or look for) instructions for v 3.1?
David McNab
David McNab - September 13, 2009 at 8:11pm
Hmmm...not sure what is going on..I got an email saying that someone had commented on my first post (see below) but I don't see any replies, posts etc etc.....am I doing something wrong here?
Jason
Jason - September 13, 2009 at 9:12pm
This won't work on 3.1 just yet, you need to wait for an upgrade from redsnow, or see if you can downgrade to 3.0. Good luck
David McNab
David McNab - September 13, 2009 at 9:24pm
Thank you, Jason.....any idea of when a 3.1 version might come out---how fast do these 'fixes' come online...?
jason
jason - September 15, 2009 at 3:07am
no idea really, shouldnt be too long, 1-3 weeks at most.
MYLOJ
MYLOJ - September 11, 2009 at 12:01am
I did exactly the same thing. 1st time it work. After updating 3.0, i notice that I'm unable to receive calls. Friends complain that its hard for them to get me. When I was in 2.2 it seems fine. So yesterday I decide to downgrade it but somehow along the process, I think i did something wrong. I tried to download this and do it but it's not working. Each time after rebooting, it will restart and bring me back to the "Emergency Dialing" section. Can someone please share their advice on how I could overcome this? I tried using 2.2 to over-ride it but it doesn't seems to work. Also tired to reset the phone and then use 2.0, 2.2, 3.0, 3.1, still nothing. Please assist. Thank you.
Zahid Farooq
Zahid Farooq - September 11, 2009 at 6:58am
Hi, I have same problem. unable to receive calls. if you found the solution please share it with me. Thanks zahidzfs@hotmail.com
jason
jason - September 12, 2009 at 12:11am
hey, I had the same problem with my phone being stuck in emergency mode. No matter what I tried, it wouldnt take me off it, and redsnow would shut down right before the phone would start to download the jailbreak data, leaving me stuck in a black screen. Just download a different 0.8 redsnow from a different server and run it a few times, thats what fixed my iphone. It seems like theres a bug in redsnow that prevents the phone from downloading the data, so just keep trying. Good luck.
arik
arik - September 10, 2009 at 9:33pm
ok i did everything it told me today! then this picture pooped up and said downlaoding something! but it is going to this emergency number thingy! lk what do i do now! idt my phone is unlocked?
Cory
Cory - September 8, 2009 at 11:11am
I tried to upgrade from 2.2 to 3.0 and was unable to get past the itunes restore point! I basically stopped me there and gave me the "sim card does not seem to be supported" message. So I bypassed the itunes setup and just ran the redsnow and I got it working again. Now I don't have any of my Cydia apps and when I go to Cydia it stays on downloading pacakages forever and does not stop! I also can't find winterboard or anything on it! Should I be downgrading to 2.x or something?? All help is appreciated!!
jparadise
jparadise - September 8, 2009 at 12:54am
It works, like a charm.
Blue
Blue - September 7, 2009 at 6:40pm
Worked great! You may have to add .ipsw to the file name when downloading the 3.0 or 3.0.1. I always put in my original att sim card for the updates then return to my t-mobile after the whole process is complete. I also only use my desktop on xp and not my notebook on vista.
Blue
Blue - September 7, 2009 at 6:42pm
I forgot to mention I'm on the original iPhone. I did the 3.0.1 update
john
john - September 7, 2009 at 2:59pm
i need help!!!! ive tried 3 times with the same result. i can fully unlock and jailbreak my 2g iphone on 3.0.1 however when i turn off my phone I can not turn it back on. it freezes at the apple logo on start up and the loading wheels shows up but does not spin. what am i doing wrong?? Thanks for any info.. much appreciated.
Grimlock
Grimlock - September 7, 2009 at 6:10pm
John Iam guessing that you sync with Itunes and restored the back up data before you turned on and off the iphone? Cos it happened to me as well the first time and everything froze. The second time, I did not sync with Itunes. Once the unlock is done, I went into Cydia and install all the sources. Then restarted the Iphone. Then I connected to Itunes but I did not restore the back up data. Instead I made a new user. Dont worry all the contacts and songs etc are still in itunes, so once you have made a new user, then sync with itune, all the data will go back onto your iphone. Ever since I have not had any probs.
john
john - September 7, 2009 at 8:01pm
actually no i didnt sync with itunes. i did the same thing you said.. after it was unlocked, i went into cydia and installed all the apps i wanted and then turned it off and on. but it would still freeze at start up. could there by any other reasons why it wont boot up? ive been searching forums and sites if anyone else has had this problem but only found a few with no solutions.
Cheenu (அ) சீனு
Cheenu (அ) சீனு - September 12, 2009 at 5:43am
John, Even I got the same problem. But I tried restoring the iPhone firmware and then redsn0w-ed once again. But this time I made 2 points clear. 1. I made the iPhone Off before when I enter into the DFU mode (Presing the Sleep and Home buttons in combinations). 2. I Skipped the first step, ie., pressing the Sleep button for 3 seconds. Hope this helps.
dave
dave - September 7, 2009 at 12:23pm
thanks guys ive made it really quick and easy! to those who are still having a trouble on how to jailbreak and unlock, u just have to update first your itunes to newer version 8.2.1.6 and update your iphone from 2.2 to 3.0.1/latest version,after downloading, launch redsnow exe. and browse for 3.0 firware then your FW will be identified successfully and then upload all booters 3.9 and 4.6 then just follow the steps above and that's it you'l just wait for it to reboot. WHALAA!!!! f
SSA009
SSA009 - September 12, 2009 at 6:44pm
are you using windows vista or xp or other OS? I seem to have problem using redsn0w on vista, it doesnt recognise the 3.0.1 firmware, but it does recognise the 3.0
Androo
Androo - September 5, 2009 at 7:15pm
Hi Apologies for being stupid here - I've a 2G iphone which I 'broke using 2.n and then 3.0 Each time I did this, I followed the suggested route (at iclarified) which 'restores' the phone to factiory and deletes all the non itunes store apps/settings from it, which is a pain Do I simply allow itunes to update my iphone to 3.01 (which will lock it as I have no official provider where I live) and then follow the above procedure... I really dont want to go thru the reset/restore just to get the point upgrade Androo
jason
jason - September 5, 2009 at 1:43am
this works wondergully, but when you try to update to 3.0.1 OS, redsnow doesnt recognize the 3.0.1 ipsw. I tried doing it with redsnow 0.7 and redsnow 0.8 and no luck at all.... also, my 2G iphone has no wifi after doing the update to 3.0... any ideas?
beto
beto - September 5, 2009 at 1:51am
Whe redsn0w ask for the FW use the 3.o instead of the 3.0.1... the iphone will kept the 3.0.1 and you will see it on iTunes. Enjoy!
jason
jason - September 5, 2009 at 3:39am
hey thanks for the reply...uhm i got a whole new problem now...for some reason my ´hone doesnt get off the emergency state... i cant restore when i connect it to itunes because it says that a non-supported sim card is installed, and i dont have an att sim since im not in the states. I can makeemergency calls just fine, but nothing else. When I try to run redsnow it does everything up until where it says that the third stage is being installed, and after that it says its done, but my phone stays blank and nothing happens.... what can I do to fix this?
Grimlock
Grimlock - September 7, 2009 at 6:13pm
Have you tried resetting the iphone back to DFU mode then connect to Itune?
jason
jason - September 8, 2009 at 1:17am
thanks for the reply... I had to try a lot of times doing it through redsnow, for some reason the software would crash right before downloading the jailbreak data.
lponce84
lponce84 - September 2, 2009 at 1:15pm
This is probabaly a silly question but can you unlock a 2g iphone without the sim? I'm trying to restore the phone to begin the unlock but itunes says it doesn't recognize my non at&t sim. Or how do I bypass this? Any help is appreciated.
j
j - September 4, 2009 at 5:48am
i have the same problem. any help?
Asif
Asif - September 2, 2009 at 6:55am
Hey the BL 3.9 link is not woking :(
Bruno
Bruno - September 2, 2009 at 9:07am
Just google it and get it from somewhere else
joms
joms - September 2, 2009 at 4:02am
Should i use redsnow 0.7 as indicted in this guide or the new 0.8 version? (note that the 0.8 version does not have the option to put the bootloader i think) also what is the best way to backup my data in my iphone 2G 8GB? Itunes is the best for this?
tonez
tonez - September 1, 2009 at 7:09pm
redsnow is not recognizing the 3.0.1 firmware and im stuck at this point, any help please? thanks
mbonita
mbonita - September 1, 2009 at 8:17pm
i am having the same problem. first it said 3.0.1 is unrecognizable. then i downloaded the 3.0 ipsw and tried that but it keeps only opening as a zip/file folder and there is no 3.0ipsw file. and i am unable to open it in redsnow0.8. can someone send me the 3.0 firmware?? mb0nita@aol.com
Uganda Man
Uganda Man - September 2, 2009 at 8:36am
I have the same problem, pls help
pom
pom - September 2, 2009 at 1:59pm
Same pb here. 3.0.1 firmware is not recognized by redsn0w 0.8 !!!! I played safe and restored to fw 3.0 (put iphone in DFU mode) and use redsn0w with 3.0 fw. Good Luck, pom
Beto
Beto - September 2, 2009 at 6:10pm
Use the 3.0 firmware instead on RedSn0w... thats it... ENJOY!!!
Grimlock
Grimlock - September 7, 2009 at 6:18pm
Guys You need to download the 3.0 or 3.0.1 via fire fox. Some how internet explorer breaks the IPSW into zip folders. If you use fire fox to down load the IPSW, it will be a full file.
Grimlock
Grimlock - September 7, 2009 at 6:22pm
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/99277829/iPhone1%2C1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw?tab=summary Use this torrent link to dl the 3.0 IPSW file. It will not break down into the individual folders. It will be a completed one file.
mb
mb - September 1, 2009 at 1:52pm
John
John - September 6, 2009 at 12:21pm
Mate you need to download it with fire fox. Microsoft IE does not transalte it into the box file rather it breaks it down to each of the individual file. other wise use this link via torrent to dl it. http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/99277829/iPhone1%2C1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw?tab=summary
dave
dave - September 24, 2009 at 3:46am
hey im using ultimate vista x64 and work like a charm...
Bruno
Bruno - September 1, 2009 at 9:14am
So my jailbreak worked perfectly.But then I plugged it the phone to Itunes and chose back up from a previous date instead of new phone. After going through the whole process (synchronizing etc) the phone is stuck on the apple logo screen...Right now I'm restoring the phone to original setting, and I suppose my jailkbreak will be undone? Should I repeat the jailbreak and then choose "new phone"? Thanks!
john
john - September 6, 2009 at 12:09pm
Hey Bruno I have the same problem. Did you end up finding out how to fix it?
John
John - September 7, 2009 at 6:03pm
Bruno I have fixed the problem. After the unlock, I went into Cydia and downloaded all the sources. Then I restarted the iphone. Once I restarted the Iphone I then connect to Itunes and rather than sync with backup data, I made it a new user setting. I can still sync all my music and also contacts as its already on itunes. That fixed the problem. So remember, restart the iphone first after the unlock. Then sync with Itune.
Luca
Luca - August 30, 2009 at 2:58pm
after it says " downloading jailbreak data" it redsnow says it done and i click finish it doesnt go to bootneuter.. it kinda restarts and goes to the splatter apple logo
Luca
Luca - August 30, 2009 at 2:48pm
hey i tried unlock and jailbreaking to 3.0 with redsnow and i did everyting right .. my phone now has a white iphone logo that looks like its painted the paint is running..what does this mean?
Kall Ramanathan
Kall Ramanathan - August 30, 2009 at 4:42am
This works like a dream!! One note though, if you are upgrading to FW 3.0.1 then the version of RedSn0w that is given in this post doesn't recognize the file iPhone1,1_3.0_7A400_Restore.
Roni
Roni - August 30, 2009 at 2:19am
wiley- choose the 3.0 firmware in redsn0w
Arvind
Arvind - August 30, 2009 at 12:47am
After 8 hrs i finally got thru the "Waiting for Reboot" stage n have unlocked n got it jailbroken. But now the phone function is not workin. Outgoing sez "Call Failed". Incoming sez "Switched Off". Tryed more than one SIM but the problem stays. NEED HELP!! PLSS
Arvind
Arvind - August 30, 2009 at 1:37am
I went thru the WHOLE process once more but WITHOUT SIM CARD in the phone. This WORKED!!
Arvind
Arvind - August 29, 2009 at 1:24pm
My prob is : The phone doesnt reboot. So redsn0w 0.8 is stuck with the message "Waiting for reboot". => I have used both Windoxs Vista x64 and Windows XP. => tried using different ports. =>I tried Running as Administrator. Plssssssssss HELP!! Thnx in Advance!!
Arvind
Arvind - August 29, 2009 at 5:41pm
Hey!! After 8hrs of tryin continuously i finally got thru n completed the jailbreak!! BUT iPhone is not catching any signal!! So still need help!!
wiley wabbit
wiley wabbit - August 29, 2009 at 10:40am
I have upgraded to 3.0.1 and when attempting to restore the phone from iTunes i get an error stating that the firmware file is not compatible. The file name for the firmware is iPhone1,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw
anka
anka - August 28, 2009 at 2:20am
I followed this guide everything worked out fine but its still not unlocked cant use any other SIM cards.. :/
d boy
d boy - August 27, 2009 at 12:14pm
thanks did it on three phones with your instructions
dev
dev - August 26, 2009 at 1:42pm
Its working fine with windows 7...thanx a tone...
Gary
Gary - August 25, 2009 at 11:46pm
Since I have updated to 3.0.1 from 3.0, I have noted that the battery lasts longer. I don't know how that happened, but I am a happy camper with that !!