Users in Emerging Markets Want Smartphones With 5-Inch Displays or Larger [Chart]

Chino - August 19, 2014 at 3:47pm
I want 1x1 iPhone so I can sneak into prison. Fuk nogoodnick. You are the next. Rip
Mr O - August 18, 2014 at 1:38pm
I for one don't want a damn bigger phone FFS. The iPhone 5 is about as big as I want. All i want it for is a phone, mail, apps and some browsing....I don't want to try and run NASA using the damn thing. Apple need to remember that these things become worthless once they're not portable enough......and a 5.5" iPhone isn't going to sit very well in a suit pocket is it.
Purge Jener - August 18, 2014 at 1:49pm
Apple already knows what it's like to have bigger screen which explains why it remained small for a while until now, but for users, they are aiming towards buying a bigger screen, that's why they switch to androids and only that. Like apple said about the 5, the biggest thing to happen to iPhone, and they still kept the one hand use, but the side power button is supposed to help with that.
Captain Obvious - August 18, 2014 at 6:31am
Notice the countries that are outlined as "emerging markets". Of course they want a screen size of 5"...or more, it serves the function of three things for them. A TV, a computer, and a phone. Call me presumptuous, but I'm pretty sure most people in those countries can't afford all three of those devices, much less the service to go along with them.
Moth Fart - August 18, 2014 at 6:25am
So when did anyone start giving a shit about what Vietnam wants?
Great! - August 18, 2014 at 1:34am
And how much are they prepared to pay for a phablet? Easy to respond to an interview and wish for the world.
Simon says - August 17, 2014 at 6:34pm
That's because those in emerging markets don't have the ability to own a phone and a tablet. They want 1 device to fill both needs. I on the other hand, will not own a smartphone larger than 4.7" max! I want portability, and have multiple tablets for different applications. 4.5"-4.7" is the perfect size for phones. Anything larger is just a phablet.
demesne - August 17, 2014 at 3:58pm
Its amazing that the survey of 1386 phablet users can decide that 60% population wants and uses phablet! Yet the companies selling these are hardly making 1-2 models that are phablet, some don't even make phablets.
Samsung Crap - August 17, 2014 at 5:22pm
The irony and logic of assamsung. Bragging about how better they were yet your fact and the fact that they once again failed to outsell iPhone sums it all up, now when the larger iPhone comes out what chance will they have left?