September 28, 2022
RedSn0w Jailbreak Will Work For iPhone OS 3.0.1

RedSn0w Jailbreak Will Work For iPhone OS 3.0.1

Posted August 1, 2009 at 1:33am · 91 comments · Add Comment
Pat
Pat - November 18, 2009 at 11:25am
Hello, I just have this 2G iPhone which is jail break and still runing on 1.1.1. Can I upgrade straight ahead to 3.0.1? Will there be any issues? Could you suggest some ways to do it? Thanks in advance :-)
Chris
Chris - September 7, 2009 at 3:16pm
I have a question. I was wondering if I upgrade my already jailbroken 3gs from 3.0 to 3.0.1. Will it affect my phone? Will I have to re jailbreak it?
Tara
Tara - September 7, 2009 at 5:12pm
I had the same question. Then, I ventured and updated. The jailbreak remailed intact but I had to re-unlock my phone (the procedure of unlock i remains the same as recommended by Dave. Please post a message again after you try.
Steve
Steve - August 30, 2009 at 12:48pm
Hi. I just jail broke my 3GS and everything seems to be good except I don't have cell phone or 3G signal. I won't pick up a carrier or make calls. Am I missing something. I am new to this and I'm not sure if I missed something I was suppose to do. PLEASE HELP!
Alexander
Alexander - August 13, 2009 at 11:10am
I can't find redsnow v.8. I have a 2G phone with T-Mobile Unlocked and JB on 3.0. I would like to go to 3.0.1. Am I able to use iTunes Version 8.2.1 to upgrade and the use the instructions given for Redsnow using version .7??????????? Please help.
Elliott
Elliott - August 10, 2009 at 5:23pm
Hi, Im Confused!! I Have A 2G Iphone and have now updated to the OS 3.0.1 and have lost my Cydia and other updates!! do i need 2 download the 3.0.1 IPSW from this website? or can i just use the 3.0 IPSW as i did before? Pease Help!
kenny
kenny - August 10, 2009 at 8:53pm
what you need to do is download 3.0 and redsnow. open redsnow and tell it that you to look for 3.0 . That my friend will load cydia again. Kenny.
Kenny
Kenny - August 9, 2009 at 11:35pm
Wow, that does really work. Install cydia was a breeze. Thanks guys.
corylund
corylund - August 7, 2009 at 12:42pm
I have a problem. My 3G phone was jailbroken on 3.0, and I updated to 3.0.1. But, I had apps in the Categories folders before doing so (mistake). I jailbroke again, and now, these apps are not in the home screen anywhere, even after restoring. It appears that they are on my phone, but somehow I cannot see them anywhere. This is extremely important, because among these apps was settings and others that are obviously crucial to the phone operation. Also, the battery percentage is still next to the battery. So, there are signs of the previous jailbreak even after restore, but now I can't access any apps. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Somebody
Somebody - August 9, 2009 at 4:50am
I thouht that I was the only one with that problem. I hope that we can resolve that somehow.....
Somebody
Somebody - August 9, 2009 at 6:06am
.....and now I know exactly how :)))) As first thing you must have program categories. Then you must erase everything what you have in categories and make everything like it is the new one. And then you make new categories and just add programs you already have in your Iphone and you will see it will work. :) Have a nice day
Diego Quintero
Diego Quintero - September 3, 2009 at 10:06am
ok, but i can't instal categories again, it just desappear, even if i reinstalled, it don't show any where
JOsU323
JOsU323 - August 5, 2009 at 9:53pm
the questions is, if after jailbreaking using 3.0 ips the bug fixes will still be in effect? Cause thats the whole reason why I upgraded to 3.0.1
Merlin76
Merlin76 - August 4, 2009 at 10:54am
Does anyone know about the information disclosed in Cydia that Saurik is working on a tool to upgrade without running the JB process again? He asks to give him a week for news....any comment on that one? Cheers.
MrBlur
MrBlur - August 4, 2009 at 4:24am
Hi guys, I just upgrade my 3g to 3.0.1. everything just fine except my wifi. is there any solution? I hv compared the wifi service with my 3gs. my 3gs work fine but not the 3g. any idea? Thanx fella!