Saurik Creates Signature Server for iPhone 3GS Jailbreakers

Saurik Creates Signature Server for iPhone 3GS Jailbreakers

Posted September 15, 2009 at 10:21am by iClarified · 9 comments · Add Comment
wheedz - September 16, 2009 at 12:36am
I am not well versed with the files that I am supposed to backup for the iphone 3gs. My question- do I have to do that step(saving iBEC and iBSS files) if I will buy iphone 3gs by october or novermber and JB it and unlock it???
Raul De La Cruz - September 15, 2009 at 5:41pm
I just successfully downgraded back to 3.0 on my 3gs after it bricked on me a few days ago. I never did the 3.1 update and was patient enough for this to come around. Follow the link to Saurik's site. the steps are fairly easy, to be able to get permisson to write to the hosts file, just copy and paste this into a terminal window sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts then put in your admin password, once you do the file will open up and you can then add 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the file. then save
mulek - September 15, 2009 at 5:56pm
did you previously save your iBEC and iBSS files? I just got myself a 3GS with 3.0.1, but it's not jailbroken. Is there a way to jailbreak it? Maybe restore with this recent Saurik's steps that you wrote, and then JB it with redsn0w? Could it be possible? Or I still have to wait and use my iPhone unjailbroken (which I think is a crippled iPhone because I always use and enjoy my jailbroken 2G)
Raul de La Cruz - September 15, 2009 at 9:06pm
Cydia saved my files on their servers days before apple pulled the plug. i was lucky
Rick - September 15, 2009 at 4:43pm
It seems to me that your average Mac user will not know how to access /etc/hosts, nor will they know how to change permissions in "Get Info" option of the finder to change the hosts file. I do, and it still freaks me out tinkering around in hidden system files. Tutorial needed.
Alex Willoughby - September 15, 2009 at 11:29am
so if your phone is already on 3.1 and you dont have ECID SHSHs on file with Cydia for 3.0 then we should wait for green posion, then once green posion works then we make sure cydia has out ECID SHSHs on file? that right?
santana - September 15, 2009 at 12:55pm
only iphone 3gs that got there information save on cydia could restore all others have to way to there is a way to jail break 3.1 and wend it does come out make sure to save your inf on cydia asp.
Jeff - September 15, 2009 at 11:10am
I have Tried the CYDIA and UPDATE ALL, But never got the option for this. I also tried tapping the word "developing" at the bottom of the Main Screen (Hidden Link) but nothing. I use a 3GS running ver.3.0. Guess I'll have to wait till this mess gets right? And as others Say, MANY thanks for all the Work Saurik has and is Doing!..
Kyle Flanagan - September 15, 2009 at 10:58am
As always, we'll be relying on your tutorials to avoid bricking our iPhone 3G(S). Thank you :)
Prev 1 of 1 Next