iPad Sales Continue to Decline [Chart]

iPad Sales Continue to Decline [Chart]

Jay - November 4, 2015 at 12:43pm
There's nothing new about the iPad since they launched Retina display on the iPad 4 they have been importing the components from the iPhone but there's no big change since then
You wish - November 4, 2015 at 2:01pm
There has been countless changes to the iPad since Retina display compared to iPad 3 and 4 change. Laminated display, multitasking, Apple Pay for iPad, gb of ram in iPad Air 2, least reflective display, cameras, and the boost in signals. If this wasn't enough, wait until pro comes blowing you away.
Jay - November 4, 2015 at 6:11pm
Do you think people will use Apple Pay on a iPad.
I do - November 4, 2015 at 7:21pm
I use Apple Pay on my iPad and my iPhone.
Jay - November 4, 2015 at 10:25pm
Still they haven't updated the camera to 4K video and the screen is still 1080p so it's not a big improvement over the years they didn't even introduce 3D Touch on iPad pro or iPad mini.
You wish - November 4, 2015 at 10:31pm
The Apple pencil was meant to use pressure sensitivity like this compared to force touch because of one hand use and it would mean extra costs if force touch was added, but who cares if you get the same 1080p or not? What difference does it make compared to rivals even by how much is enough for how big? Also when it comes to laminated display, you get better side view, everything looks like it sits on top of the display, but mainly the contrast is better, you get deeper blacks, and the color saturation is better. As for the camera, iPad Air 2 uses a new sensor that makes it close to 4K. At least it doesn't protrude.
Sanjay Singh - October 29, 2015 at 7:24am
Yes, further as the iPad is in the middle of the smartphone and laptop segment, as features and versatility at both ends keep increasing, I think sales of iPads will keep getting affected.
The car lover - October 28, 2015 at 7:58pm
He's not trolling...... It's a play on words Moore's law vs. a decline in the opposite direction and your typo.
Aric - October 28, 2015 at 8:00am
I'll tell you why sales are declining. Because the iPads are so well made there's no reason to upgrade. I've got an air and it's super fast, light and does everything I need it to. I can't see needing to replace it for years.
John - October 28, 2015 at 4:22pm
I've still got an iPad 2, and because it runs iOS 9, I feel there's no real reason to upgrade
@&/:*%#! - October 28, 2015 at 4:25am
I am more likely to upgrade my iPad than my iPhone. I might upgrade from iPad Air to iPad Pro. My iPad is very useful at my work, notes, email, drawing, project planning, house party djing, games. I setup my old macbook pro as my home server since I seldom use it nowadays. I think more people are still happy with their iPads and it is still useful even if you are using the oldest iPad 2 since iOS 9 still works on those.
paulMOGG - October 27, 2015 at 11:57pm
New iPads coming I'm looking forward to getting a new one as they are so use full and I believe the new one will take it up quite a few notches don't think that the big iPhones will take over the will just be an extension of interconnectivity and synchronisation ! Bring on the new iPads !
Lala - October 27, 2015 at 11:19pm
More and more households has one, I love the iPad though. I use my iPad Air 2 more minutes often then my iMac
Cedeño66 - October 27, 2015 at 11:15pm
The 6S can't replace the iPad at all. I think maybe it's because Moore and more people already have the iPad and they're so well made that sales slow down. Maybe if they bring one out every two years instead. I also might think the new Windows surface has to do much with it. I love love my iPhone and my iPad Air 2 but I'm a huge Windows 10 fan. Still like my windows.
Lolwut - October 27, 2015 at 11:20pm
I would've gone with Windows if they actually did so many new things like apple is doing even if it is just one change with revealing a new product and if they put effort in it like they did up to 7 (even with that style, Windows was perfect before this). iPad sales slow because many people prefer iPhones that are big
cryinShame - October 28, 2015 at 9:23am
"...Moore and Moore..."[sic]
Cedeño66 - October 28, 2015 at 4:22pm
It was actually Moore and more but it was clearly a typo. Please troll elsewhere. Well, Windows was perfect and now it's even better. They changed much but they don't pay me for advertisement so I won't say anything else. I own an iPad Air and this is my 4th iPhone and I love it. I love Windows 10.
blackra1n - October 27, 2015 at 11:10pm
iPhones use to be too small to do anything with. Now, with the iPhone 6s Plus what's the point of an iPad?
flozz - October 27, 2015 at 11:16pm
Who need a tablet like phone when you have a tablet to take care of that extra space and ram? A tablet does more than a phone can despite that though.
Lee Stoll - October 28, 2015 at 4:32am
Am I the only one who wants to hit the backspace button and the darn thing back spaces? There are a few other things I wish my iPad did that a lap top does better. Other than that I love my iPad.