Phil Schiller on Why Apple Dropped the SD Card Slot but Kept the Headphone Jack on the New MacBook Pro

SpeakLogic - November 3, 2016 at 5:35am
Their computers cost more now, have less in hardware ports and essentially make you buy their overpriced adapters and apple care to boosted profits in a very crappy economy!! No wonder there are sitting on $230 BILLION CASH #boycottapple #draintheswap #makeapplegreatagain
Pfft - November 3, 2016 at 5:56am
#boycottyou #dumptheswitchonyou #makeyougreatlikeyouoncewerebecauseitsfortheverybestandyouknowitprettymucheveryoneknowsitimeancomeonappleisalreadygreatgetittogetherfortheloveofgodomg
SpeakLogic - November 3, 2016 at 7:03pm
Awwwe did I hurt a fan boys feelings??? Grow up kid!!!
Pfft - November 3, 2016 at 7:35pm
After you, kid. You hurt no ine's feelings you foolish git! It's called correcting what's mistaken just because you disagree with something or someone!!
Justabrake - November 6, 2016 at 9:19am
Not to mention everything is solded together in these books
PHUKAII - November 3, 2016 at 12:37am
Owners of iphone 7 and this gimmick touch bar macbook pro will need to carry with them a lot of dongles and adapters. Because apple made them buy it so they can use with their so call inovation technology, or put in another word by the fat boy Phil it is "Courage"
PHUKAII - November 3, 2016 at 12:40am
It is Courage to carry adapters and dongles these day now, so we can tell they are part of apple fans or not
MUKAII - November 3, 2016 at 12:52am
Owners of the iPhone 7 with innovative touch bar may not need to carry dongles after all if something is wireless to begin with. Apple made it like this because people aren't ready to switch to USB-C which is eventually going to be the one port for any machine in which eventually gone will the days be of tangles cords and hunting down the right one to use. Put another word by skinny man Phil that it's his COURAGE. It's the courage to go wireless and not have any dongles at all and eventually to move on to USB-C that eventually one cord is what anyone needs.
Jiiiiii - November 3, 2016 at 12:33am
They just want to squeeze every $$$ out of your saving, apple is a very greedy company
Bsssssssssssssss - November 3, 2016 at 12:35am
Or the fact that the computers cost like this for how much went into it making the overall cost like this. Looking back on keynotes especially with jobs, this has always been the case greedy or not.
Justabrake - November 6, 2016 at 9:28am
The board of directors figures how they can sell more cables by making them cheap and break easy it's a well thought out plan to make these executives all richer Just eliminate an internal part here solder everything together tested it so they see it breaking down earlier etc.
joooooooooo - November 2, 2016 at 11:52pm
they removed the SD slot because people were using it to expand storage without Apple being paid
yoooooooooooooo - November 3, 2016 at 12:34am
Or that sd cards were replaced by cloud based systems. I don't even use the micro sd card that came in with my 3ds especially when I once I bought and relied on for Wii.
Me - November 2, 2016 at 10:24pm
I'm not buying a bunch of dongle's for my next laptop... Bad traits by Apple just wanting to make money off of these dongle's. I love my MacBook Pro but I'm already looking at an MSI replacement in the future.
Van G - November 2, 2016 at 7:57pm
What a bunch of crap. They could have included the adapter, just like they did on the good old i7. Laptops being less portable than smartphones, it would make more sense for an adapter there than the phone. SD card sticks out, but bunch of dongles don't? :)) He is the *marketing* VP after all.... Sorry to see Apple go. Getting a new non-Apple laptop won't be easy.
_ - November 2, 2016 at 7:59pm
Go where? Just buy the adapters or keep the old laptops. So,e of the competition released USB-C laptops to. What are you complaining for?
Van G - November 2, 2016 at 9:57pm
Go to the dongle land and down the path, where do you think? This is not a Pro machine. My mid-2012 classic MBP is better than this new crap.
_ - November 3, 2016 at 12:32am
Yes, this is pro aka so-called crap. We now have iOS functions at our fingertips and possibly new ways to interact with old apps with it. I'm in the dongle world right now and I only use on cord with it. The rest is wireless. My Magic Mouse, my wireless router, my mirrored image to the tv, etc.!
Van G - November 3, 2016 at 6:23am
How do you charge this "wireless" tech? Could it with... a WIRE? :) Especially that Magic Mouse - do you have a separate mouse when the battery is out and you need to charge it? Hilarious. That's not being innovative. That's inconveniencing users on purpose.
_ - November 4, 2016 at 9:11pm
Who said anything about it being innovative? It's meant to be just wireless. Keep in mind, I never said a thing about wireless charging, but I do use USB-C and I never had any cord tripping problems.
Paul Avery - November 2, 2016 at 6:46pm
He reasoning for why the headphone jack is on MacBook Pro is bullshit. They could've done what they did with the iPhone7 and include the adapter.
Elisa Jones - November 2, 2016 at 7:34pm
At least there's a reason. The airpods can automatically connect like it's the EarPods, but without the wire, but on the MacBook, it's based on connection between other devices with a headphone jack that many would prefer to connect stuff like that. I won't fault them too bad for this, but I understand.
Van G - November 2, 2016 at 7:58pm
Do AirPods charge themselves automatically too? What a way to create a problem, then solve it and leave users with more issues than before the problem was created.
Elisa Jones - November 2, 2016 at 8:01pm
When you put it in the case, yes. This problem can be solved by finding an adapter that includes both a lightning port and a jack (yes it exists).
M&MM - November 4, 2016 at 9:08pm
You really don't get it hu? The digital analog chip in the adapter is not as good as the one in the good old iPhones and there is no pro equipment out there based on Apple's proprietary digital lightning port. And there never will be. he only thing you will see popping up like mushrooms in the near future are overpriced consumer headphones to make you pay again for what you already have... But you seem to be stupid enough to like that.
Elisa Jones - November 4, 2016 at 9:16pm
Not as much as you! Whether I get it or not, I pay only for Apple headphones that have wires, but my point being I never said about buying the airpods to begin with, but that's why we have lightning headphones so those can pick the right one. More choices like menu items to choose from.
Mattymatt - November 2, 2016 at 6:45pm
They just didn't have enough 'courage' this time.
Ke.x - November 2, 2016 at 2:56pm
Awesome machines ~ I just love them. But probably will wait till next release. Never thought it was a good idea to buy something radically new introduced by apple at its first release.
ASD - November 2, 2016 at 2:33pm
F U I hope apple lose a lot of moneyand listen to what people want, Im huge fan of apple since iPhone 4 but this is so dissapointing, all they care is money and more money f the people we dont care
← → l - November 2, 2016 at 2:37pm
F U 2. Good luck with what you wish to happen and they have been listening to what people want When they gave them bigger screen iPhones! If they cared about only money, they wouldn't be putting this much effort into the MacBook Pro or the iPhone 7. F those who just assume what they think!
odedo1 - November 2, 2016 at 2:59pm
What effort exactly? I was so waiting for the new Pro but now there is no way I'm giving up on my older Pro for this new Dongle Pro! Watch this if you dare: https://youtu.be/A6KDpHvg1wQ
ã ã l - November 2, 2016 at 3:17pm
The effort that went into this so-called dongle: speakers, acoustic cooling system, higher constraint brighter Retina display, butterfly keyboard, and the new ways to use touch bar especially with the trackpad. I plan to upgrade.