Apple is Testing Facial Recognition to Unlock iPhone 8 [Report]

Apple is Testing Facial Recognition to Unlock iPhone 8 [Report]

ZC - July 6, 2017 at 1:04am
Sounds similar to the iris scanner on the Samsung phone, that was defeated easily with a picture and contact lenses. Now, facial recognition scans a lot more than the iris, but it still sounds too easy to defeat. I would require more details before I trust it.
Neolm09 - July 4, 2017 at 11:11pm
So they took our fingerprints now they want our faces and eyes, so we heard they can turn on the camera on the phone or laptop without we know about it, so we're pretty much done with data collection of the world , nothing to hide or to keep private.
NoGoodNick - July 4, 2017 at 5:57pm
I'm skeptical, as there are thousands of potential flaws in this process. I'll wait and see what they offer, but if we can't count on a reliable authorized purchasing system, I doubt many will upgrade to the newest devise. They're gambling the entire success of the new iPhone 8 launch on unproven and largely untested procedures.
Chip - July 4, 2017 at 11:27am
Sounds like a sham to me, rumors said the iPhone will have night vision so low light should not be a problem. Also the touch if it's ready already just fixing some minor things. Will just have to see the final product when it comes out with what it will have available.
@Comment - July 3, 2017 at 11:28pm
This is NOT a new feature. There is a jailbreak tweak which does the same thing . Nothing exciting here . I don’t think this would be popular because in order for face recognition to work well, the software needs enough light .
whatif - July 3, 2017 at 9:53pm
umm.. will it recognize a real persons face from a picture? not sure i would trust that before it is really well tested
Chip - July 4, 2017 at 11:30am
True sounds like it could with 3d printing also, to much nonsense we need some solid rumors. These rumors sounds like its come from a fish market not a person from the inside.