September 25, 2022
Your Mac Now Locks Itself When You Walk Away

Your Mac Now Locks Itself When You Walk Away

Posted December 1, 2009 at 1:44pm · 9 comments · Add Comment
Crazymex
Crazymex - December 1, 2009 at 7:19pm
Here its the link https://themha.com/airlock/index.html?s=d
Mike
Mike - December 1, 2009 at 5:15pm
I tried this on both my MBP and Mac Mini...doesn't seem to work when I come back into range. Never unlocks. I'm sure glad I enabled the 'manual override' function or I'd have been locked out! Great idea...maybe needs some bugs worked out!
DistortedLoop
DistortedLoop - December 1, 2009 at 3:28pm
I'm going to check this out, but I can see all kinds of pitfalls with the concept. I dock my iPhone within a few feet of the computer, so unless I don't keep the iPhone docked, then the computer is always unlocked when the iPhone is charging or syncing? I have to take my phone with me at the office to go down the hall to the toilet to lock the computer, or can you force a screen lock even when the phone is in range? I guess testing will answer those kind of questions. At any rate, a really cool concept.
DistortedLoop
DistortedLoop - December 1, 2009 at 3:26pm
Yeah, yeah, I'll google it, but a link in the article to where to download it from would have been handy...
yiyopr
yiyopr - December 1, 2009 at 3:53pm
Agreed! It seems strange that they advertise software and don't tell you where to get it. Now i have to go all the way up to the google search bar and type...
Kevin R
Kevin R - December 1, 2009 at 8:36pm
um...if you click "Read More" at the bottom of the article it will take you exactly where you can download and purchase the software. So I don't know what your talking about??? Maybe try reading the full article before you start posting about it.
Sethy
Sethy - December 1, 2009 at 8:41pm
Idiots...both DistortedLoop, and yiyopr must be newbies hahahaa Its called the Internet...READ there was always a link to where you can download and purchase it. You need to pay attention...
Maayan Yadgaryan
Maayan Yadgaryan - December 2, 2009 at 9:04am
I still don't get it. I feel stupid...I better just go back to surfing facebook.
Sayam Aggarwal