Based on the 1990 action puzzle video game, users match capsules with viruses to make them disappear. You need to eliminate all the viruses and clear the stage before you run out of capsules.
Here's a look at some of the new game's features...
Use your puzzle skills to eliminate pesky viruses!
• Match capsules with viruses and watch them disappear! Simply match three objects of the same color vertically or horizontally to clear them.
• Luckily, Dr. Mario and friends have virus-busting skills, and you can use leftover half-capsules to strategically zero in on especially meddlesome viruses.
• Take your time, because each puzzling configuration of viruses must be cleared using a limited number of capsules. Keep calm to plan your approach, and you'll rid Dr. Mario's world of viruses in no time!
Paging Dr. Mario!
• A colorful cast of viruses has Dr. Mario's world in a panic! Dr. Mario and friends have put on lab coats and grabbed capsules! Now they're ready to eliminate those unruly viruses.
• Dr. Mario isn't the only one on call—Dr. Peach, Dr. Bowser, and others are on duty. Staff up with assistants like Goomba, Koopa Troopa, and Buzzy Beetle to help your doctors out with additional skills.
• Doctors and assistants have various virus-busting skills, so experiment to find a combination that suits your style and pace.
• Hundreds of stages over many different worlds are ready for you to save! New worlds, new doctors, and more will be delivered on a regular basis.
Play together with friends and family around the world!
• You're not in this alone—send and receive stamina-giving hearts to use in stage mode! Then, show off your puzzle-solving progress.
• In versus mode, you can turn up the intensity on your virus-busting by challenging others to a one-on-one showdown—without using hearts!
• Find the right combo of doctor and assistants and aim for victory online to earn battle points and increase your tier!
Dr. Mario World will require iOS 11 and a 64-bit iOS device (iPhone 5s and up). Currently the game has 11 language options: Japanese, English, French, Spanish (Spain/Latin America), Portuguese (Brazil), German, Italian, Korean, and Chinese (Traditional/Simplified). Dr. Mario World is free to start but has optional in-game purchases. A persistent Internet connection is required.
Check out the video below for more details!