December 9, 2022

How to Jailbreak Your AppleTV Using a Patchstick [Windows]

Posted February 7, 2010 at 1:21pm · 19 comments · Add Comment
John Null
John Null - August 23, 2016 at 12:22am
Sam Nazrako wrote the code for the patchstick looks like he still supports appletv. just go to osmc.tv
black_shield
black_shield - August 23, 2016 at 12:15am
I stay in step four, instead of appearing cmd window I get a window that says .. connection problems, they can help me ??? Thank you.
John Null
John Null - August 23, 2016 at 12:23am
i'm happy with osmc will probably get the official vero soon
Jeff D
Jeff D - November 22, 2015 at 9:52pm
this will not jailbreak firmware version 3.0.2
ipf
ipf - August 20, 2016 at 9:30pm
You need to use custom URL. mesu.apple.com/data/OS/061-7495.20100210.TAVfr/2Z694-6013-013.dmg
Ben2244
Ben2244 - December 3, 2013 at 8:53pm
hi i have an apple tv that can produce 1080p, brought sencond hand dont know history of it. i tried to do this on a 2gb usb thats formatted to FAT32, the penguin on the ATV shows when i reboot. but it gets stuck at the end and asks me to login... openbuntu Login: and i cant do anything with it cause the remote wont work during this part
drifter77
drifter77 - July 27, 2015 at 4:22am
carlos
carlos - June 30, 2013 at 6:48pm
Couldnt do it at first.... ---- Disable any and all antivirus FIRST OF ALL --- !!! Hope this helps !
reddragon
reddragon - January 26, 2013 at 4:09am
some usb sticks are not compatable if you havent jailbroke device yet first thing to do is restore factory settings then update so youre on 3.02 software before using jailbreak once complete then can go through steps of adding xbmc and adding nito and navi-x to your addons to get repositorys
Hachem Domloge
Hachem Domloge - November 18, 2012 at 10:55pm
Please i want to know if there any availble jailbreak for Atv 3. Thanks
ipf
ipf - August 20, 2016 at 9:32pm
No. NEVER. Only ATV1, ATV2, and ATV4.
Ben
Ben - November 21, 2011 at 8:00pm
Hi I can create the patchstick fine. But when i put it in my atv and restart it doesn't do anything. I factory resetted my atv to take it back to 2.x software adn tried again, no joy. the stick is a 2gb fat formatted disk. 40gb model gen1. Are you able to help at all? Thanks
jkb100
jkb100 - January 5, 2011 at 6:49am
How to connect usb stick to apple tv?
The Coose
The Coose - December 19, 2010 at 10:17pm
New to Apple TV. Lots of experience with iPhone/Pad/Pod. What's the benefit of jailbreaking the TV? Anyone have a handy link?