September 27, 2022
Apple's Battle With Google is Getting Personal

Apple's Battle With Google is Getting Personal

Posted March 14, 2010 at 1:16am · 13 comments · Add Comment
KDV
KDV - March 15, 2010 at 1:13am
If you spent a decade to think of an idea and brought it to reality. Then spent millions of dollars to patent your idea, to keep your invention safe. And if someone wants to steal it away from you. I'm sure you would do something. Simple as that.
ThatGuy
ThatGuy - March 15, 2010 at 3:26am
Apple barely spent any time on the touch technology, they may have perfected it for mobile devices but the tech has been around long before the iPhone was a thought. Microsoft was one of the first well known companies to use touchscreen tech and multitouch. multitouch for the mobile platform is nothing, there are phones and devices that you can use all ten of your fingers and palm on. The military has been using touch sensitive devices and screens and mobile devices years before Apple. Apple really has no right to claim it as their own for the mobile platform.
AppIe
AppIe - March 15, 2010 at 12:03am
They started it. Sent from my iPad
GoogIe
GoogIe - March 15, 2010 at 12:06am
No way, you did. Sent from my Nexus.
Microsoft
Microsoft - March 15, 2010 at 9:19am
Both of you'll need to grow up. Sent from my Zune HD
Micked
Micked - March 14, 2010 at 6:05pm
I'm pretty sure Apple dont have patents on multitouch.
Anonmuz
Anonmuz - March 14, 2010 at 4:41pm
Yea, this is absolutely a battle Apple needs to lose, Apple should not be able to patent gestures at all. That's like if Nintendo put s patent on the D-Pad, they would have complete control of home consoles for quite some time. If the next direction in mobile phones are touch, then there should be no patents on touch controls. Apple needs to be forced to compete, I get tired of Apple thinking they're ahead if everyone when they still don't have basic features for their mobile devices. The ipad comes with no camera or multitouch, they force you to choose from crappy options for hard drive size and memory. The next iPhone is going to be hell.
kuest
kuest - March 14, 2010 at 8:16pm
the ipad has multitouch. what r u talking about?
Anonmuz
Anonmuz - March 14, 2010 at 9:13pm
I meant multitasking. I'm on my iPhone and it decided to correct me.
HO
HO - March 15, 2010 at 5:07am
...Multitouch as iPhone multitouch?
JustMe
JustMe - March 14, 2010 at 3:42pm
This is so nice to hear.... It means apple will finally stop making shitty phones like the 3Gs. If they want to be in the game they'll have to improve exponentially the iphone. When the Iphone 2G came out everybody wanted that phone because it had features never seen before, but with the 3GS release they were just making a phone to compete with what was being offered by other companies. Let's hope they realize this now and makes a super iphone 4G
Dev
Dev - March 14, 2010 at 2:26pm
In short.. Apple needs to stop being a little b*tch. I for one, welcome the competition.. It just means products released will keep getting better and better. Who knows, maybe Android devices will soon surpass iPhone.
HO
HO - March 14, 2010 at 3:36pm
I follow, if things were done by Apple's ruling then there will be no freedom of choice and we will have to submit to Job's guidance...