January 29, 2023
How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch Using Spirit (Windows) [3.1.2, 3.1.3]

How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch Using Spirit (Windows) [3.1.2, 3.1.3]

Posted May 2, 2010 at 11:31pm · 34 comments · Add Comment
Curley
Curley - May 5, 2010 at 6:03am
Great job.. Little trouble at first because the file didnt download properly and wouldnt open because of that.. So make sure its 4.4mb :) Awesome work, very, very fast jailbreak.. quickest ive ever seen :)
Mad
Mad - May 4, 2010 at 1:45pm
After JB, some "Homescreen Icons" (Music, Photo, Video...) disappeared! I did try, settings, general, reset homescreen, but these icons won not come back.
Elangelito
Elangelito - May 15, 2010 at 7:05pm
I have this same issue, my icons just disappeared like magic after jailbreaking!!!
Jacob92
Jacob92 - May 4, 2010 at 6:52am
All Just want to clarify something regarding Cydia / installeous... If we download an cracked app via Installeous and install it on our ipod touch / iphone and then we do a normal synch via itunes. Will we get 'charged' (invoiced) by itunes / Apple when they 'see' - 'recognised' these cracked apps on our iphone / ipod Touch that we haven't downloaded officially via the itune store ? Please advise ? Alternatively is it best not to synch these cracked apps via itunes ? Thanks
Minh
Minh - May 7, 2010 at 7:01pm
Don't worry over the apps. Itunes would recognise them cracked apps and assumed you paid for them. Just drag to the 'Apps' section in your iTunes and sync normally and it should work fine.
89skullz
89skullz - May 10, 2010 at 9:56am
Create an iTunes acc without a credit card and then sync.
jhebay
jhebay - June 1, 2010 at 5:25pm
how can i create an acount without credit???can you teach me???
rush2112
rush2112 - July 31, 2010 at 11:21pm
I did the spirit JB on my iphone (3.1.3) and won't sync apps thats says are patched using itunes. I don't know of any other way to install on phone.
Jared
Jared - May 3, 2010 at 4:04pm
If I am JBed with 3.1.2, is there any reason for me to update to 3.1.3 and use this?
Victory144
Victory144 - May 5, 2010 at 9:15pm
@Jared wrote.... This one is untethered method.... (When restart the device, well still have the jailbreak activated)...
Tigras
Tigras - May 17, 2010 at 10:58am
Yeah, you can turn on and off your iPhone. Also, I need some help with this. All my homescreen icons, except for youtube, well, they kinda disappeared after the jailbreak. How do I get 'em back? An iPhone without a phone or internet app is kinda useless IMO. :x
leon
leon - May 3, 2010 at 2:00pm
everytime i click on the not Cydia icon it does work... SOMEONE HELP!
L
L - May 3, 2010 at 7:32am
on my PC, McAfee says Spirit got a trojan :( anyone got the same ????
Cyber Mafia
Cyber Mafia - May 4, 2010 at 9:48am
Disable your Real Time Mcaffe
Daneel Olivaw
Daneel Olivaw - May 8, 2010 at 8:19am
I have the same problem avira says its a dropper.gen i have another issue jailbreaking : i turned offf my antivirus then redoenloaded the sprit and run it. when i press the jailbreak this alert appears. http://www.picture.4fileup.com/out.php/i2161_spriteerror.JPG help
Cyrus
Cyrus - May 3, 2010 at 5:13am
My ipod touch go no responding after i go into cydia.. anyone can help with this?
sobrina
sobrina - May 3, 2010 at 12:42am
It worked perfectly! Thank you sooooo much! Been waiting for this like forever!
Patrick
Patrick - May 3, 2010 at 12:04am
Works perfect. Been waiting since I got my iphone 3gs as it was already at 3.1.3 5.12 but this does it instantly. Thanks Comex. Thanks iclarified for keeping me up to date!
amr hassan
amr hassan - May 3, 2010 at 7:50am
please help me.... i have iphone 3g 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01 & i jailbreak it with redsn0w 0.9.4, and it is activated & i can use cydia and everything (of-course not the carrier unlock) SO. wat is the spirit really do more than what i did... Also i noticed that: i must use spirit with an activated iphone with no emergency screen... so whats the difference... please anyone tell me.... (and how u activated the 3gs with the new bootloader) Thanks alot...
medo
medo - May 2, 2010 at 11:49pm
when i clicked jailbreak i got this message.. INFO: Now listening for devices... INFO: read igor/map.plist INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice. INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3 INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup... INFO: Sending files via AFC. FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:197): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091) 197
lenny
lenny - May 3, 2010 at 6:17pm
Can this be used though if its already JB with blackra!n or does it have to be restored first