Apple Lies About iPhone 4 Retina Display?

Apple Lies About iPhone 4 Retina Display?

Posted June 10, 2010 at 10:15am by iClarified · 13 comments · Add Comment
hajali - June 11, 2010 at 2:12pm
IT is an amazing phone no one can deny Steve jobs and all business ppl lie ... no one can deny .. it's called marketing I liked the display... but the thing i hated was how they concentrated on .. video call which is here since more than 5 years ... and they show it as and apple revolution .. when the way it is (wifi only) is somehow useless ... jobs himself said an ipad without 3g is like a car without wheels .. to sum it up ... great phone ... but not perfect ... and business ppl lie
skooter - June 11, 2010 at 11:19am
if you don't like the phone then don't buy it, no one forcing you to like or hate the iPhone 4... Idiots!
Kingsford - June 10, 2010 at 11:53pm
OH WHO THE HELL CARES?!?! Its still going to be a great phone and have a better display and the previous iPhones and MOST other phones. I said MOST.
Tom - June 10, 2010 at 2:39pm
What's next?....Qualified Wizard analyses iPad and declares that, contrary to Apple marketing, it is in fact 'not magical'.
HO - June 10, 2010 at 12:22pm
For the brain of the coolaid filled brain of the Mapple fanboy mass, such statement is out of sense and not important, they lack logic and common sense. This probes once again how the coolaid marketing service of Mapple works, making out lies so ppl will believe on them as if it was the only real thing, they have no reason to do this cause their loyal mass of minions will do whatever they want anyways but they love to make up things.....so....
cody - June 10, 2010 at 1:58pm
really? really? why the hell are you on this website? STFU, you illiterate douche.
HO - June 10, 2010 at 7:09pm
Ur a great example of this "douchebaggery" I spoke of, I do have an iPhone, Jb many for friends and ppl, this site has a lot of info but I'm no fanboy, learn lttl douchebag!
Digihead - June 10, 2010 at 10:50am
Honestly - I dont give a $hit - it's retina or whatever display, is it 2, 4 or 100 times higher resolution and how they calculate pixels etc - I'm happy with my 3gs screen and if on iPhone 4 screen is better than on 3gs - Apple - you have my money again! Apple promises you a good phone and they keeping their promises! Not like nokia - I had one of their touch screens - screen is rubbish, interface - rubbish, usability - rubbish and it was freezing and restarting quite often, on top of everything. ah, and btw - applications and appstore... well, better I will not touch that subject! :)
David - June 10, 2010 at 10:29am
This is a complete non-story. Jobs' claims can't both be "close to being a perfect display" and "outlandish" at the same time. It is a common rule of thumb that most people can't distinguish dpi above 300 from about a 1 ft viewing distance. This number is used *all the time* in discussions of photograph printing, for instance. It's the same dpi early laser printers used. It's what the best art magazines use. The fact that the retina itself, under ideal circumstances, can see a bit better than this simply increases the distance at which Jobs' claim is true to about a foot and a half. Because a display moves, the eye moves, vision isn't ideal in every case, the real-world situation is closer to the criterion that Jobs' is using to the one that the DisplayMate founder is. Someone was really grasping at straws to write the original story in the first place, especially since calling something a "Retina Display" is designed to invoke the idea of clarity and not to be a literal interpretation. Plus, everyone holds a phone at a different distance such that precision with such a number is a meaningless goal.
Nat Julian Belza - June 10, 2010 at 12:14pm
I strongly agree.
Tom - June 10, 2010 at 1:13pm
+1 for you sir.
cody - June 10, 2010 at 2:03pm
Thank you. I don't care either. The point is that this screen is much higher resolution, who honestly cares if it isn't technically more pixels than the human eye can discern? As if I'm going to be so shocked by this "news" that it puts buying an iPhone 4 completely out of the question.
majid - June 11, 2010 at 1:28am
nothing but the analyst's claim to fame at the cost of the iphone.... asshole wouldnt have released anything about displays and retinas and pixels per inch ever.... but will have a say if apple claims something...
Prev 1 of 1 Next