February 29, 2024
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.0]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.0]
Comments

Posted June 23, 2010 at 2:43am · 35 comments · Add Comment
Dionizio
Dionizio - September 26, 2010 at 9:53am
Hello Folks, I jailbreak my 3G with Pwnage, but i can not install any third app, everything is working, except the the function to install third part app. happened this to anyone?
rui
rui - October 17, 2010 at 9:23pm
I get the same here!
imahuot
imahuot - September 15, 2010 at 2:07pm
is PwnageTool now supports firmware 4.0.1 for 3Gs old iboot?
Richard
Richard - July 22, 2010 at 5:21am
Hello, my 3g is running (trhough pwnagetool) on ios 4. Can I upgrade to ios 4.0.1?
Zoki
Zoki - July 20, 2010 at 3:17pm
" If you have a Jailbroken 3.1.3 iPhone 3G it is very possible that this can fail from recovery mode, if this failure happens you will need to restore using DFU mode." I jailbroke with Spirit, on 3.1.3 and 5.21.01 - can I unjailbreak, I have my pre-jailbreak ispw file, and re-jailbreak on 4.01 with this process?
Dev
Dev - July 9, 2010 at 8:23am
Hi, My iPhone is working great after upgrading to iOS. But my safari browser has stopped remembering passwords. Everytime I add pw, it keeps asking again and again. Please help soon. Also tethering is not working. can that be activated? Dev
faz
faz - July 8, 2010 at 8:17am
i jst tried jailbreaking my 3g following these steps but the error i get is "The SIM card inserted is not in this iphone is not supported." Help!?! Any ideas on how to get past this... i am new to all this Thanks
A
A - July 7, 2010 at 9:26pm
Will this work for me if I am updating from 3.0? (Iphone 3g 3.0 4.26.08) or do I have to update to 3.12 and then update to 4.0? thanks
A
A - July 8, 2010 at 10:31am
I did it n it worked out fine
PalmerWoodrow
PalmerWoodrow - July 4, 2010 at 7:09pm
Nobody every explains the "Re-enable functionality" option. These are features of iOS 4. Why do we have to RE-enable them? How did they get disabled?
DT
DT - June 29, 2010 at 10:13pm
For some reason I am missing Cydia and Installer after I JB my 3G on 4.0. Anyone know a fix or why this is happening? It is missing even before I do restore. If anyone can help that would be great!!
FjETHER
FjETHER - June 28, 2010 at 4:38am
Simple question: Can I use this guide to update to 3.1.3? I have an iphone 3G on OS 3.0 - but i've heard that OS 4.0 is slow on the 3G, so I think I'll try 3.1.3 instead.
yasbm
yasbm - June 27, 2010 at 9:07am
ear all I try the tuto and doesnot work. itunes 9.2 4.0 first ddownload all Firmware and redshow. when i try to use Redshow, saying unable to recognize the firmware try with PWNAGE and itunes dont work. i am sure you need to check the bootloader. it looks like a big issue. i have 3 iphones 3g and 3gs AND both are not working with your tuto lucky i could bring it back to normal. SO GUYS BEFORE DOING IT MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A BACK UP OR YOU WILL BE USELESS ... So just wait for spirit or Wait for the blacknr .. mine advice cheers
arshad
arshad - June 26, 2010 at 9:24pm
while im custom restoring my 3gs it says unknown erroe occured and it wont update can any1 help
Elko
Elko - June 25, 2010 at 9:15pm
Ok at first i had problemswith upgrade to ios4 losing 3G and MMS after restoring form backup but i had 5 backups in iTunes and only one was ok (lucky it was 3 days ago backup) but not the last backup in order after jailbrake i have lost 3G. On screen show 3G but not working to fix that reset all settings and ios4 + jailbrake working perfect on my iphone 3G
Diso
Diso - June 25, 2010 at 4:08pm
Hello, sorry for asking again. I have an jailbroken 3G on 3.0(7A341) BB 4.26.08 and want to use pwnage 4.01 to upgrade to 3.1.3 not 4.0. When starting pwnage I can't choose 3G, only 3G(S). When choosing 3G(S) and locating the 3.1.3 FW for 3G pwnage tells me I've choosen the wrong FW. Can I use pwnage 4.0.1 for my plan? How do I manage?
Mr.360
Mr.360 - June 25, 2010 at 4:34pm
You have to use pwnage 3.1.5 to update a 3G to 3.1.3
Diso
Diso - June 25, 2010 at 4:39pm
Thank you, but I thought, using pwnage 3.1.5 I'm not able to unlock.
Caleb Larsen
Caleb Larsen - June 25, 2010 at 12:39pm
I have an US iPhone 3G tied to ATT but live in Mexico and want to us Telcel. I followed the instructions, everything went swimmingly. I used Pwnage to activate it (it was previously activated in the US on ATT) but when I put the Telcel sim card in I get no service bars, and now when I put the ATT card in too, i get no service bars and I can't make or receive phone calls. Any ideas?
CAPS
CAPS - June 25, 2010 at 2:22pm
I had the same trouble too. Hey, I live in Mexico aswell and the tutorial works great!, i just noticed some troubles running this new IOS 4.0 version. It is slower than 3.0 version which I was running. Some apps, still not have upgrades, so the iphone just not run them and it crashes Besides that everything works. Try jailbreaking again, but before that, make sure to turn off 3G data and take off the sim card, once you jailbreak it, restar it and then insert your sim. You won't have troubles after that.
Caleb Larsen
Caleb Larsen - June 28, 2010 at 1:20pm
I answered my own question. After running pwnage, i needed to download ultrasnow from Cydia...then all was well.
Thom
Thom - June 25, 2010 at 11:05am
Update 3g to ios 4 worked perfectly and is fast enough Only thing is Find my iPhone does not work anymore. I tried everything that apple says but cannot find anyone else with this problem. Did one of you guys experienced the same and/or know how to resolve it.
BlkPrl
BlkPrl - June 24, 2010 at 3:40pm
Works like a charm!!!!! Thank you!!!!
Jo
Jo - June 24, 2010 at 9:40am
i don't get it, dev team said it would work with iphone 3g but on the pwnage software - first screen, it only shows the 3GS and the ipod touch... am i missing something? which one do i need to select?
Leen
Leen - June 25, 2010 at 2:15am
Wondering the same thing here...
me
me - June 27, 2010 at 12:08pm
the 3G(s) means it works with 3G or 3GS, so choose that one.
Nikhil
Nikhil - June 23, 2010 at 8:31pm
Hi Guys, Thanks for the tutorial but i made a novice and a stupid mistake, after adding all the Cydia and reuqiste items in the ipsw bundle, when trying to restore -- i did from the Offical Store bundle that is provided before making the changes. Any ways i can jailbreak the phone ??
Steve
Steve - June 23, 2010 at 7:55pm
4.0 on 3G is painstaking, my phone is drags its ass even changing between settings to safari takes ages!! Remember kids unless you got a load of patience go ahead and upgrade otherwise, 4.0 is only meant to run on 3GSs or 4 smoothly
kpierce
kpierce - June 23, 2010 at 11:08am
Is there a way to enable multitasking and background pictures with the pwnage tool? I know it's doable with redsn0w, but I wanted to use pwnage.
Nienez
Nienez - June 23, 2010 at 1:17pm
Just check the box for Re-enable functionality on the general settings
kpierce
kpierce - June 23, 2010 at 2:53pm
Thanks so much. I can't believe I didn't see that!
jw
jw - June 23, 2010 at 4:03am
will this work if my iphone 3G is on os3.0 (7A341)? Thks
ysee
ysee - June 23, 2010 at 3:26am
Why I cant do Jailbreak if I do spirit that defore?
Vakas
Vakas - June 23, 2010 at 3:18am
iPhone Dev Team, Please please please release the Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS on iOS 4 and baseband xx.12.xx
3guser
3guser - June 23, 2010 at 3:10am
Is the baseband will be upgraded too? (I'm on 3g 3.1.3 bb 05.12.01)..thanx.