September 30, 2022
Apple Unveils New $99 Apple TV

Apple Unveils New $99 Apple TV

Posted September 1, 2010 at 2:34pm · 9 comments · Add Comment
iCbr
iCbr - September 1, 2010 at 4:34pm
anybody know if you can hook up an external hardrive to play movies or is it only gonna be thru ur computer for movies you have?
fletch
fletch - September 1, 2010 at 4:47pm
You can't attach an external drive. I think it has to stream through iTunes 10 on your computer over wifi. iTunes 10 only supports .mov, .mp4, and .m4v for hidef at 720p.
madcow
madcow - September 1, 2010 at 5:32pm
Or you could have replied with... I don't know. Cause you don't, no one does yet. It does have a USB port but we'll have to wait to see what that's for. Could be for an external HDD or just a way to update the box if it can't be updated online due to error. Who knows, no one. All I know is my cinematube is way better. And if you want all the streaming stuff go check out roku. Or use torrents. and 720p ONLY? Garbage.
Name
Name - September 1, 2010 at 5:39pm
And you could have a jerky response, you faggot!
sothebys
sothebys - September 1, 2010 at 4:04pm
I see it as a nice and affordable interface for Mac and IOS devices If thats it , fine for me
Stuntastic
Stuntastic - September 1, 2010 at 3:02pm
Am I missing something cuz I think u get more choices with a monthly subscription to Hulu then to order individual episodes for $.99. especially if you want to watch an entire season of 2 or more shows
iGixer
iGixer - September 1, 2010 at 3:11pm
In the US you can watch all you want with Netflix I see the Canadian site doesn't show Netflix yet :(
Dave
Dave - September 1, 2010 at 4:58pm
But I tunes gets thier episodes and movies earlier then Netflix does. Thats a big plus for me.
Name
Name - September 1, 2010 at 5:06pm
Agree. 4 episodes a month, and for 3 shows makes up the subscription cost for Hulu+ instead of paying for each episode. The device has potential, but the pricing is bullshit.