Hackers Begin to Detail the SHAtter Exploit

Hackers Begin to Detail the SHAtter Exploit

Posted September 29, 2010 at 3:30pm by iClarified · 9 comments · Add Comment
Lizamay - September 30, 2010 at 1:04pm
So - my iPhone 4, 4.0.1, is already jailbroken. But I believe mine is a software exploit, isn't that right? So when the new jailbreak comes out, what should I do? Unjailbreak and then update to 4.2 and re-jailbreak?
zexx0r - September 30, 2010 at 6:06pm
If you need an unlock, it means you will build a custom ipsw via PwnageTool (new version, that supports SHAtter exploit) and get 4.1 with old baseband version. If you do not need an unlock, you just update to 4.1 and then jailbreak it with SHAtter. :)
Alan - September 29, 2010 at 5:41pm
Gosh, I'm really anxious for this one. My brand new iPhone 4 thanks you. Great work guys!
Name - September 29, 2010 at 4:21pm
So nice of the hackers to give Apple the exact items to fix.
Josh - September 29, 2010 at 5:26pm
It's a hardware exploit, so until they change the hardware, the exploit will remain
Slekinaz - September 29, 2010 at 6:58pm
I know right. Why would they want to post this to the whole world? I know the shatter exploit is suppose to be very difficult for apple to patch... but aren't jailbreakers better off with apple not knowing?
cas - September 29, 2010 at 7:03pm
I think I accidentally marked an item as spam... So sorry, trying to respond from iPhone and finger slipped... But it will take a hardware refresh with will likely happen in new lot numbers but for now there's not much apple can do about it.
@Spaolo_Goliaa - September 29, 2010 at 11:34pm
To reiterate: it is a HARDWARE EXPLOIT. Meaning, until a new device. iPhone 4 is set for life.
Mark - September 30, 2010 at 6:35pm
what bothers me about a hardware exploit, is it's harder to cover that you've jailbroken your iphone (invalidating your apple warranty). yes I've read everywhere that jailbreaking is no longer illegal, but it still invalidates your warranty! now you can't just restore and leave no trace of it since it is a permanent hardware exploit.......
Prev 1 of 1 Next