How to Update Your iPhone 4 Without Upgrading the Baseband (Windows)

How to Update Your iPhone 4 Without Upgrading the Baseband (Windows)

itayms - March 19, 2013 at 9:21pm
try this one, http://www.rapidunlockers.com/ I have unlocked my phone on very very fast (about 6 hours total) and cheap, now i can update to any version without having to worry that my phone will be locked ever again. Only 9.99$ for phone unlocks!!
itayms - March 19, 2013 at 9:20pm
Dan - January 25, 2011 at 5:08pm
So if i can\'t save version 4.0 or 4.1 will this still work for me to preserve the baseband if i update to 4.1?? i am only able to save 4.2.1 and 4.3b2 I am running on 4.0 with BB 1.59.00
Spartacus - November 22, 2010 at 5:31pm
Can I use this method to update from 4.1 to 4.2? Thanks
David - November 29, 2010 at 1:59am
no you cannot. it is only for updating to 4.1 from a lesser firmware.
Andrius - November 11, 2010 at 3:44am
Hello, I have Iphone 4 with 4.0.2 sw and 01.59 bb. Umbrella have saved only 4.1 shsh. Do I still can update may iphone to 4.1 version (without baseband upgrade)?
Tolga - November 11, 2010 at 5:45am
Download this firmware and install shift restore in dfu mod. When it\'s finished iTunes should throw up error 1004 don\'t panic Now you need to exit recovery mode. Click on ‘Kick device out of recovery mode’ in TinyUmbrella or another program.. This firmware is not a custom firmware it\'s edited from original firmware..Your baseband stay in 01.59.00.. then jailbreak and unlock.. If your iphone4 stay in Apple logo you have to try this.. No facetime error. No network error. No any other errors.. No risk to baseband update.. its simple its like an original http://www.fileserve.com/list/NBTtugZ rar password : tavelli
Tolga - October 26, 2010 at 5:55am
mbgriffi - October 29, 2010 at 8:54pm
This didn\'t work for me at all. I got Error 11.
Tolga - October 30, 2010 at 4:31am
It works perfect. Are you sure your iPhone4 in dfu mode and shift restore this firmware. (when you see error kick your device normal mode with Tiny Umbrella.)
mbgriffi - October 30, 2010 at 6:45am
Yup I am sure. To be clear though I am ALREADY on 4.1 with my firmware at 02.10.04.
celal - November 12, 2010 at 8:35pm
tolga bisi sorcam shift restore dedigin olay nedir? klavyedeki shift tusu ile itunes deki restoreye ayni anda basmak mi? yoksa farkli bisimi?
Jakroval - October 17, 2010 at 2:38am
I\'m one of the few people who got stuck in the middle of restoring process. Actually, the restoring process wasn\'t stuck; it was completed. But, iTunes error message didn\'t pop up. So this is what I did. 1. When the restore bar on phone got stuck half way, I let it sit for about a good 10 min. 2. Then, I hold down Power + Home buttons to do a force shut down. Then, the iphone rebooted into a recovery mode and it automatically recognized in the TU. 3. I kick the phone out of the recovery. The phone rebooted and I got to the activation screen (Emergency call only) 4. I put the ATT sim in and activated with iTune. All is done and I\'m my iPhone 4 is on iso 4.1 with baseband 01.59.00. Good luck to all. I try to make it as detail as possible. If anything unclear, ask in the comment.
Jakroval - October 17, 2010 at 2:42am
The spec: iPhone 4 from 4.0.2 to 4.1 (with only 4.1 shsh saved) TinyUmbrella 4.1.9 Windows Vista 32 bits and iTune 10 (latest one)
DT - October 17, 2010 at 3:35am
Thank you very much. I had the exact same situation. I was a bit scared when the restore process got stuck in the middle. And I did what you described.
mbgriffi - October 17, 2010 at 12:08pm
I ended up getting my baseband upgraded and am now stuck :(
Obskure - October 17, 2010 at 12:59pm
I had exactly the same problem. Left TU running along with iTunes. (won\'t close because it thinks that the iPhone 4 is still restoring) Held the power and home buttons for 10 seconds and the phone reboots to recovery mode. Use Tiny Umbrella to kick out of recovery mode. Phone activated appears on screen and all is well. TU recognizes phone is on 4.1 with 1.59 baseband fw.
Mark - October 17, 2010 at 1:40pm
sorry to hear that, the only way that could be is if TU wasn\'t running (or running properly). luckily CL is a good haven to sell yours off, and buy another one? :)
ali - October 28, 2010 at 5:22pm
i\'m in the same case of you, but when i kick device out of recovery it still reboot to recovery mode
Tolga - October 30, 2010 at 5:13pm
newbie - October 15, 2010 at 12:16pm
Just got a 2nd hand unit 3Gs with firmware 3.0. Wanted to upgrade to 4.1 but worried it might be operator locked. Can\'t seems to find instruction how to upgrade 3Gs without upgrading the baseband
mbgriffi - October 13, 2010 at 9:51pm
After step 7 something when wrong. :( I restarted TU and hit Kick out of recover. now my iphone just shows the \"Connect to Itunes\" screen on homescreen. Itunes says : The sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. TU won\'t let me kick out anymore TU says : Device: iPhone4 4.1 (8B117) blah blah Baseband: 01.59.00 - ICE_2_6 What now? HELP!
joy - October 13, 2010 at 9:54pm
use limera1n it will jailbreak ur device n activate it n then u can unlock it with ultrasn0w.... try it n let me kno if it work
mbgriffi - October 13, 2010 at 11:34pm
There is nothing to jailbreak, I can\'t even unlock it. Its like the phone is wiped, brand new. The only thing I can do is \"slide to make an emergency call\". :(
mbgriffi - October 15, 2010 at 12:19pm
So I ended up getting a ATT sim card and upgrading to 4.1, which was a mistake because it upgraded my baseband and now I think I am pretty much screwed there is no way to go back.
Hasan - October 28, 2010 at 9:10pm
if your iphone was on the (connect to itunes sign) you were able to jailbreak it with limera1n because that sign means that the iphone is allready restored, you only had to restart your computer and simply put your iphone in dfu mode and limera1n it and unlock it. it happened to me, and that\'s what i did.
Mohammed Ali - January 23, 2011 at 7:12pm
After the step 7 the same thing showed on my iPhone 4 i.e. iTunes logo with an arrow upword n the only thing i can do is make an emergency call..... how do i get to the normal phone home screen and jailbreak n unlock it again using limera1n or whichever.....??? Plz advise thankksss.....!!
Mohammed Ali - January 23, 2011 at 7:34pm
i tried the jailbreak thru limera1n and it worked but i would like to know how do i unlock to use it to any simcard.....thanks alot.....!!
Frederick P Worthington - October 13, 2010 at 9:46pm
After step 7 I had to restart TU and then I hit the \"Kick Device Out of Recovery\", but something has gone wrong. :( iTunes now says : \"The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported\" my iPhone has \"the Itunes Icon -> USB cable\" on home screen. TU when I restart says : Device iPhone4 4.1 (8B117) and it says Basebasd : 01.59.00 ICE_2_6 What do I do now? (Much thanks in advance)
joy - October 13, 2010 at 9:56pm
use limera1n to jailbreak it n it will activate ur phone n use ultrasn0w to unlock it,let me kno if tht work hope it helps