January 29, 2023
How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

Posted October 31, 2010 at 11:51pm · 29 comments · Add Comment
Paulc
Paulc - November 14, 2010 at 11:11am
Hi I have a Canadian AppleTV. I've tried to three times to Jailbreak using the above tutorial. These tutorials (ATV1, iPod, iPhone) have always been bullet-proof before, so I must be making a mistake. When I get to the restore part, AppleTV say it is reverting to factory settings, and I end up with an AppleTV at v.4.0, according to the settings menu. Also, it won't update from the AppleTV menu. Is 4.0 a Canadian setting due to the iTunes store/netflix differences here. Any hints? Thanks in advance Paulc
Kelly
Kelly - November 3, 2010 at 9:20pm
After I jailbreak, how can I tell it worked? I don't see Cydia or anything different on the main screen and the software version tells me I'm on 4.0 after I jailbroke with 4.1!?!
Steve
Steve - November 3, 2010 at 10:39pm
Google nitotv and follow the instructions to get their apps, like weather, rss...need to ssh using terminal on mac. Then you'll see the nitotv tab on the atv screen when it reboots
iApple
iApple - November 1, 2010 at 1:54pm
Thanks iClarified, worked flawlessly!!
peterhenley
peterhenley - November 1, 2010 at 5:24pm
cannot get into DFU mode using menu down button.......???
iApple
iApple - November 1, 2010 at 5:35pm
You must hold both the menu & play buttons together at the same time when prompted.
peterhenley
peterhenley - November 1, 2010 at 5:40pm
I did. followed instructions to hold menu and down button for 6 secs, then menu and play button per previous clarified item... but it tells me to press home button ....what is the home button???
iApple
iApple - November 1, 2010 at 6:35pm
You are not following the steps of this well written tutorial. Go back, read everything from beginning to end, understand it... and re-do the process from the beginning. Your answers are all posted in the instructions above. PS. There is no "home button".
peterhenley
peterhenley - November 1, 2010 at 6:47pm
sorry, my pompous friend, but the last panel said press the home button. the pwnage executable is later than the instructions and many panels have been removed. Do not lecture me on what I see with my own eyes.
iApple
iApple - November 1, 2010 at 7:31pm
Sorry for trying to help you locate that "home button" but I'm here for Apple TV. It appears to me you are posting in the wrong jailbreak section of this site. This thread is related to Apple TV ONLY... not iPhone. Read, read, read... ignore pictures, this is not grade 1. Follow the well written instructions of this tutorial (not "panels"). If I recall correctly... it was grade 1 basics which taught me to read, spell and understand what is WRITTEN!! Hope this helps but something tells me it won't. Best of luck to you. Enjoy your day!
peterhenley
peterhenley - November 1, 2010 at 8:15pm
I am trying to work on an Apple TV 2G you dumb son of an ignorant bitch. I am reading what the pwnage tool is telling me on the screen. "panels" are what i call the screens that pop up when I am stepping thru the program, you dumb son of an ignorant bitch. Did you not "read" what I posted? the executable is a later version of what is in the tutorial, you dumb son of an ignorant bitch. Maybe you didn't catch what I said, but I think you are a dumb pompous son of a bitch that lives in his mother's basement.
peterhenley
peterhenley - November 1, 2010 at 8:22pm
Are there any other folks out there besides this smarty-pants asshole iApple who is having the same issue as I have?
Jstoud
Jstoud - November 1, 2010 at 9:19pm
peter it doesnt sound like apple is the ones with these isues u obv have some mentnal probs. lol
Steve
Steve - November 2, 2010 at 9:34pm
second that peterhenley, there's some real jerks out there......
Peterhenley
Peterhenley - November 3, 2010 at 10:44pm
Duh, i read the instructions again, now it works. There was a previous article about putting atv into dfu mode that said press menu and down for 6 secs, then menu and play for 6 secs....confused me. Now i have nitotv weather etc....