How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1]

How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1]

Posted November 28, 2010 at 11:44pm by iClarified · 187 comments · Add Comment
akirawi - February 26, 2011 at 5:46pm
The title of this tutorial is wrong! iClarified wake up! that's for Iphone 4 not 3GS and mac not windows!
Gurvin - February 16, 2011 at 11:07am
iclarified standard is dropping... 1. The firmware file download link is for iphone 4 not 3gs 2. The tutorial says "for windows" yet the screenshots and instructions are for mac 3. In the screenshot too the iphone 4 firmware is shown instead of iphone 3gs. Waste of time
jorge - February 5, 2011 at 12:11pm
i cant download this link as an ipsw iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw it only does it as a zip file and wont show up when i try to restore my iphone. can anyone help
Thomas - February 4, 2011 at 8:34am
I got finally got this working. This is what I ended up doing. I ended up restoring in the official manner via itunes since I don't care what my baseband is, i don't need to unlock. The official restore will update BB to 05.15.04 on iphone 3gs so don't do it if you need to unlock. I then had to us the official IPSW I downloaded from apple for the choose your IPSW step of this tutorial. Don't us the IPSW from the link above if you did the official apple restore. This is found at %Userprofile%\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates it might be in different location for some people. Once i did that it was worked great. I for some reason could not downgrade must be a blob problem. Cydia says i have all blobs from 4.0 and greater stored and i uploaded before i restored. Not sure what's happening. i have seen at least 2 different addresses for saurik's server maybe one is incorrect.
Thomas - February 3, 2011 at 5:31pm
Hello. I have been at this for quite some time and have had zero luck. I get into DFU and when I hit waiting for reboot everything just stops. nothing get rebooted nothing happens at all. All i can do is reboot the thing normally. got redsn0w running in xp sp3 mode and as admin. Any suggestions would be great. thanks
Lime is so sour - February 1, 2011 at 7:10pm
I had limera1n installed back in 4.0.2 and when i upgraded my iphone 3Gs with redsn0w i keep getting stuck on exploiting limra1n part of install. The install would just stay there. I tried restoring my iphone but didnt help. Help plz :(
prmzin - January 29, 2011 at 4:30am
topic says jailbreak and unlock for iphone 3gs on windows but the tutuorial says for 4 on mac
jimmy - January 24, 2011 at 10:12pm
i jailbroke and then when trying to reboot after cydia is installed and installing roqy app all i have is the apple logo screen! please help! what do i do?? phone will not reboot normally!
Alex - January 18, 2011 at 11:43am
I did it, and the Jailbreak and Unlock worked out perfect. --- BUT! --- I'm having problems with Push notifications, I RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS THAT DON'T BELONG TO ME, on Twitter, Whatsapp, Facebook, etc... Anyone is having the same problem?
Phil - January 18, 2011 at 9:31am
folks, it says above "If you are on 05.14 or 05.15 or higher you will need to do this to unlock." well, I am with a GS on software v4.0 with modem fw 4.26.08. would I need to upgrade to the v6.x modem firmware, too, to unlock? also, how to keep my baseband (if possible) at v4.26,08? I mean, when I restore to default firmware 4.2x using rightclick restore in itunes then it would upgrade the baseband also, wouldn't it?
Stephen - January 31, 2011 at 2:16pm
I would upgrade and leave your baseband the same look for the tutorial to upgrade with out screwing up baseband. My baseband is still 4.03 from back in the day
Prev 1 of 9 Next