October 3, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.2.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.2.1]

Posted February 15, 2011 at 7:52pm · 50 comments · Add Comment
yavy
yavy - March 23, 2011 at 6:20am
guys. i was using iphone 4 (factory unlocked) which i upgraded to OS 4.3 then i used pwnage tool to jailbreak it and downgrade it to os 4.2.1 but now i am unable to use my i phone. my iphone is stuk on restore mode and only displaying itunes and a cable on the screen. !! what to do to restore it ? can any1 help me plz ?
kompuntu
kompuntu - March 12, 2011 at 9:37pm
I keep trying to do this and every time the process gets stuck in iTunes when its trying to verify the upgrade with Apple. Then it says it can't do that. I tried to sign out and back in to my iTunes account and now i get another messages: this device is not eligible for this build. WTF??? I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 with 4.1 firmware. Did it before with PwnageTool on MAC. No idea what is wrong with this as i've done this since OS 2.0... Any ideas? Anyone?
Helper
Helper - March 15, 2011 at 7:28am
You need to add : 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com to your hosts file. And then try to use iTunes again(restore custom). Apple has stopped signing 4.2.1
kompuntu
kompuntu - March 16, 2011 at 11:43am
Thanks for your reply! Just so I understand: i don't actually have to already be at 4.2.1 in order to restore to a custom 4.2.1, right? Someone told me that its failing because of that. Because I'm currently at 4.1. Is this right? I don't need to already be at 4.2.1? If i add this entry to my hosts file - the restore should work?
mutesi
mutesi - April 1, 2011 at 7:51pm
Hi Helper. For us non technical folk can you please describe how to "add : 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com to your hosts". I am having the same problem as kompuntu. Thanks!
e-master
e-master - July 20, 2011 at 5:39am
@Helper I added the 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com to my hosts file, and still getting the same error "the iphone ***** could not be restored. this device isn't eligible for the requested build" Any other sugestions?
sankalp arora
sankalp arora - March 5, 2011 at 4:20am
My cydia doesnt open what to do now
Shasudi
Shasudi - March 5, 2011 at 7:11am
Install Cydia from custom package
kristianto
kristianto - March 3, 2011 at 5:43am
JB W/ Pwnage success, just wait for Unlock bb 031010, make it faster bossss my iphone4 still at IPOD MODE ^_^
Shasudi
Shasudi - March 4, 2011 at 2:06am
Select activate the phone option in General (Pwnage Tool)
kristianto
kristianto - March 4, 2011 at 11:32am
thank shasudi, but I Little bit afraid, is it really work if I select the active the phone? because i don't know my Iphone is FU or SU, how to check the different?
Marcelo
Marcelo - March 11, 2011 at 9:48am
I checked the "Activate iPhone" option, but it is still locked...
Marcelo P
Marcelo P - March 2, 2011 at 5:23pm
After JB, the iphone is still locked.. How to unlock it - iPhone 4 - 4.2.1 - Baseband 02.10.04? Thanks in advance !!!
jthunder
jthunder - February 22, 2011 at 8:11pm
Iphone4 ios 4.2.1, with fw 2.10.04. JB using PwnageTool 4.2 but Cydia does not work. It quits before it can even execute. Any fix for this ??
makokis
makokis - February 24, 2011 at 10:50am
same as you with firmware/baseband 03.10.01... do no works¡ :( Any help please?
AdamThePizzaMan
AdamThePizzaMan - February 24, 2011 at 3:50pm
Run redsn0w and Select "install cydia" and make sure it's the only box checked. No need to restore or anything, just run the latest redsn0w and when it asks you to select a firmware file, make sure you point it to your STOCK 4.2.1 firmware file. @adamthepizzaman
taterho
taterho - February 24, 2011 at 8:48pm
I had the same problem with cydia not opening i just re-jailbroke and made certain i followed the instructions and it worked...AT&T iphone 4 w/4.2.1
Shasudi
Shasudi - March 4, 2011 at 2:04am
Install Cydia from custom packages and not from General in Pwnage Tool
kristianto
kristianto - February 22, 2011 at 4:09am
why if I already jailbreak with redsnow, is any problem if I jailbreak again with pwnage tool?
bloodyfool0
bloodyfool0 - February 20, 2011 at 11:15pm
Worked just fine for me. Thank you iClarified for the very clear instructions. I would like to add that you should backup your data in iTunes before JB. After JB, restore the data you backed up in iTunes. I needed to do that to put all the files/musc/contacts back into the iPhone.
pinguinpetzi
pinguinpetzi - February 19, 2011 at 9:12am
Hi, I haver jailbreak iPhone 4 to 4.2.1 with Pwnagetool 4.2. Now I can´t sync my Apps to the iPhone. How can help me ? Thanks pinguinpetzi
dudebob
dudebob - February 18, 2011 at 4:49pm
My iphone is stuck towards the end of the restore...it has been 30 minutes. How long should I wait? What is the fix? Thanks