September 27, 2022
Scrolling is Backwards in Mac OS X Lion [Video]

Scrolling is Backwards in Mac OS X Lion [Video]

Posted February 24, 2011 at 4:15pm · 12 comments · Add Comment
Alex
Alex - February 27, 2011 at 2:16am
Does anybody know how to disable it on old MacBook without multitouch trackpad? There is no checkbox like this in System Preferences. Maybe, some .plist file or defaults command option?
Reano
Reano - February 24, 2011 at 10:19pm
It makes sense if you think that this is another step towards a toych sxreen laptop. Did you realuze that this is the way you do it on the iPad/ iPhone? BTW, this should be adopted once you actually have a touch screen laptop.
Dude
Dude - February 24, 2011 at 4:46pm
Silly.. I guess they will fix this stupid thing before the actual release because this is NOT user-friendly.
AlanLEIMobile
AlanLEIMobile - February 24, 2011 at 5:51pm
Yeah, but u can change it in Preferences. I love Lion!
Jerico
Jerico - February 24, 2011 at 4:30pm
That's stupid. After years of having it one way, why change it. I see how it more relevant to what you see on the screen. but people are really not going to like this. I hope there is going to be a setting inside system pref that will allow you to switch back to the old way.
t Lai
t Lai - February 24, 2011 at 4:40pm
did you not read the post? you CAN switch it back to the old way :)
Jerico
Jerico - February 24, 2011 at 10:26pm
Yes I did. What I ment is if you go back to the old way you will also lose all of the other new gestures. I just want to be able to switch the up and down scroll.
Braden
Braden - February 25, 2011 at 12:38am
You're stupid.
Trevor
Trevor - February 25, 2011 at 2:23pm
I agree with you Jerico. I am constantly switching between my mac and my windows machine and this is going to just kill me with inverted scrolling. It was a bad design decision by apple, especially since you lose the new hand gestures when you flip back to the old style of scrolling.
Braden
Braden - February 27, 2011 at 9:17am
Idiots. You don't lose the new gestures if you use the old scrolling method. Have any of you actually used Lion? Take it from someone who actually has. You don't lose the new gestures.
Alex
Alex - February 27, 2011 at 9:56am
On MacBook without multitouch trackpad you can't.
terry
terry - February 24, 2011 at 4:25pm
the finder window also is slightly different - it no longer shows the number of items and remaining size (maybe this is a preference somehow?)