September 26, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.3.3]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.3.3]

Posted May 6, 2011 at 3:03pm · 115 comments · Add Comment
David
David - June 28, 2011 at 6:13am
I have an iphone4, which was jailbroken and unlocked. I followed the instrructions to jailbreak for 4.3.3, and the phone seems to be stuck on the very last bit of the jailbreak restore...ie..the line under the apple completes to 95% of the way and stops. HELP! what do I do? Thanks anyone out there
joel723
joel723 - June 25, 2011 at 10:05am
Nick, thank you! You're a genius and saved me. I was having the same issues, cydia refusing to open after pwnage JB 4.3.3. I re-pwned and followed your instructions and its now opening cydia so I was able to unlock with Ultrasn0w. Anyone else experiencing this issue, follow Nick's solution. Thanks!
kalpesh
kalpesh - June 24, 2011 at 5:38pm
m done with the jailbreak comfortably... but now i am without any network...? so wa do i do..?
chris
chris - June 23, 2011 at 2:25am
For anybody looking for direct download links for all updated firmware, check out http://www.ipswnow.com
Brent
Brent - June 22, 2011 at 9:16pm
Step 0: Sync your iPhone so you have a recent backup and don't lose a few weeks of data.
Devon
Devon - June 17, 2011 at 9:02pm
For anyone having trouble with the pwnage tool download links, check this link out: http://osxdaily.com/2011/05/06/pwnagetool-4-3-3-jailbreak-released-download-links/
Newbie
Newbie - June 9, 2011 at 11:12pm
Ok. I am stuck on the last part. Every time I try to restore into my custom .ipsw, I get the dreaded This iPhone Could Not Be Restored 1601. I can get my phone to normal, but I would really like to go back to jailbroken status. Can anyone help? Where do I go from here?
Bragaadeesh
Bragaadeesh - June 1, 2011 at 1:49pm
There is a couple of important steps need to be mentioned in this tutorial which will make it cleaner 1. Let know the users who are unlocking that ALL THE DATA IN THE PHONE WILL BE LOST. 2. Regarding the Activate Phone checkbox should not be applied for FACTORY UNLOCKED iPhones.
iMeL
iMeL - May 27, 2011 at 2:41am
Everything is working fine, for those who is trying to upgrade their iPhone for the first time & only read this thread, of course u'll have problem coz u guys missed some steps prior to these. Do a little research & read earlier threads & then move along to these newer ones... Good Luck!!
POncho Carrillo
POncho Carrillo - May 27, 2011 at 2:01am
Hi, after i finish installing the custom firmware 4.3.3, my 3g network doesnt work, i cant enter cydia or safari, is this normal?
Nick
Nick - June 24, 2011 at 12:26am
I finally found the solution to getting cydia from not crashing. With these steps or helper points and the real instructions, I've JB both a 3GS and 4 with the 4.3.3 mod. Also, I tried at least 10 times before getting things to work. So, I figured I'd spread the word.

1) During the install there are two screens in the packages area that say "Cydia" installer. Choose the one where it specifically says "Cydia Installer". If you choose the screen where it shows it in the list with all of the packages, your installer will die. 2) No luck with just doing a Restore / DFU without using the Pwnage tool. So far, it seems every time it fails you need to run through the entire builder process to get things to work with iTunes. 3) Don't choose ANY packages. Only the Cydia installer that is typically already preselected. You can install these later once a clean JB is good.
ExcelonGT
ExcelonGT - July 12, 2011 at 2:03am
Thank you! it only took me 3 attempts at the complete process before I got it fully working. I almost was about give up on jailbreaking and go "legit" if I hadnt found your post