September 27, 2022
Steve Wozniak: Android Now Bests the iPhone in Some Ways

Steve Wozniak: Android Now Bests the iPhone in Some Ways

Posted January 17, 2012 at 2:46am · 29 comments · Add Comment
Juan
Juan - January 19, 2012 at 1:13pm
i own gs2 and iPhone 4, Not 4s, and there is no way gs2 is way ahead, like android users thinks, i even rooted my gs2 t909, nothing in there that would make me change to android. iOS has something different, its simple to use and view, it's like starting to draw in a white paper, you can draw and draw and make it to your taste, complicated or not, even more If you JB Android comes fully loaded with options that pc guys (like me) would say Woaw it has everything, but then you realize it's way more complicated, not made at your taste, and you will use 20% at most of this complex sets of functions.. For example my first impression with gs2, animated wallpapers :| what's this 1998? Some will like it some don't, I don't, so I have to change it, then the menus, there are too many for doing the same things, why?, and the interface doesn't feel as smooth as iOS. Bigger screen?? Bigger phone... Who sees movies on a phone btw? If you are tech savvy like you have to be to understand and use your android to it's full, you won't be watching a movie in a small screen, at least use a 42" 1080p with a 5.1 ht... That's the least use feature on my phones.. I have one or two sd shows from the 80s or 90s but even then I really don't watch it too much.. I don't even like a 20" monitor for watching movies One thing we are forgetting too this are phones, simplicity is a big deal! Btw I don't consider myself an apple fan in no way, I haven't own a Mac ever, because I can do more and faster on my pc (pretty loaded), mac did had a leap years ago, now i dont see any difference, I can solve problems way faster, hack my win 7 as i want it, there's a software for everything, and I'm a graphic designer and communicator specialized in audiovisual..and a tech savvy, I see my iPhone as my pc, there is an app for everything, way way way more than android, is faster, easier to use, and I can hack eveything on it... And it's not even an 4s Android could have one thing there or two, it's not like the worst phone or s60 os, but no way there is a leap ahead to say android is better iOS sucks!..
Trigger Man
Trigger Man - January 19, 2012 at 11:52am
Woz Hasn't worked for Apple since 1987. He has vested interest in many of his technical ventures..Apparently someone who started Apple is working againts the company. As a share holder of many technical company, his goal to promote himself and his ventures. His opinion does not have any merit nor it makes any sense since IPHone wasn't around when it was developed a decade later. For a Smart guy - Your a MORON WOZ.
Iamright
Iamright - January 19, 2012 at 7:33am
Bullshit bullshit bullshit... This isn't like Woz.
Justabrake
Justabrake - January 18, 2012 at 2:34pm
I think if Steve jobs was around he would have smacked him , I really hope apple isn't going to go in the wrong direction after jobs death , I don't like what I'm reading already with these higher up personnel
Chris tucker
Chris tucker - January 18, 2012 at 12:41am
Hey Woz!!! BUFFET IN VEGAS IS 2 FOR 1. YOU LOOK LIKE YOU CAN HANDLE A BOAT LOAD! When you actually become techie and know what you talking bout, I'll listen! But for now, I SEE YOUR COMMENT TO BE MORONIC AND LACKING any form of intelligence!!!
Sold
Sold - January 17, 2012 at 7:07pm
Now is someone bought over by Google here, again?
David
David - January 17, 2012 at 4:28pm
It's always fun to read a conversation with Woz, but you have to keep in mind that this one is filtered through Dan Lyons (Fake Steve Jobs), who is a professional Apple critic.
lm
lm - January 17, 2012 at 1:52pm
HA HA! Look at all you apple fanboys cannot accept someones negative opinions about apple
Russell
Russell - January 17, 2012 at 5:53pm
It hurts the fanboys even more when the negative opinion comes from their second deity, The Woz.
Jim Brown
Jim Brown - January 18, 2012 at 12:36am
LOL.. Fanboy?..I work in a corporate world and I see this all the time, when the Person's Opinion matters when there's a benefit for him. Like many Adroind users, please wait and wait for something to convince you that you made the right choice. Lacking knowledge just makes you who you are.. another Retoids trying to make sense of it all with what you think you know.. LOL.. Sad.
fanboys
fanboys - January 18, 2012 at 1:28am
stfu u fuckin apple fanboy lol
groz
groz - January 18, 2012 at 1:34pm
Woz comes from apple, he's honest about what he thinks. And all Apple fanboys discredit him.. hilarious..
Big Black Azz
Big Black Azz - January 17, 2012 at 12:58pm
I have used android iOS and blackberry for considerable length of time... These could be considered the 3 major OS(maybe BB less so..) I recently purchased iPhone 4S and no Way am going back to Shiite droid! Woz? Does he realize siri is STILL beta! Fancy dissing a service that's not complete! Woz make your comparison again when it's 100%... way I'm
Big daddy
Big daddy - January 17, 2012 at 10:09am
GS2 is nothing great, I've used it then returned it for an IPhone 4s. Camera sucks with it's so called 5mg pixel. Stabilization on video and photo sucks (It's non existance) The functions are retarded..it's like going back to stone age. A Jailbreak phone beats GS2. The GS2 can't be intergrated with alot of modern softwares. I have my 4S intergrated to my entertainment system and GS2 couldn't do that. I don't get wowed by flashy colors, I get wow by true functionallities.
No - January 17, 2012 at 2:55pm
I strongly doubt every word you written. You have never used a GS2. Definetly. You sau iphone has better connectivity with other devices? Unless you meant apple devices, you are a liar. Do you think Woz is stupid now? I think he is just being realistic. But you seems to be blind.
Justabrake
Justabrake - January 18, 2012 at 2:39pm
Same here had the sgs2 for 2 weeks and returned it and bought the iPhone 4s outright