- The module is designed as a direct plug-in for your iPhone (both first generation and 3G) and iPod Touch (the module will not work on other iPod platforms or Apple devices). We also expect the module to work on the second generation iPod Touch once it has been jailbroken.
- The module has on-board battery back-up which will store the last acquired GPS satellite information on-board, enabling a fast GPS-lock re-acquisition time after the module has temporarily been switched off. For optimum on-board battery life and performance, it is advised that before first use of the module, you charge your iPhone/iPod Touch through the GPS module with the included USB cable for at least 16 hours. This will ensure that the battery inside of the GPS module is fully charged before first use. Overnight charging of your iPhone/iPod Touch through the GPS module should be done at least once a week in order to maintain last satellite data and user settings.
- The module is A-GPS enabled, meaning that satellite ephemeris/almanac data can optionally be uploaded to the module before you leave home. This A-GPS data enables the module to achieve an even faster cold-start GPS-lock (
- The module features a low current (
- The module ships with a 6ft micro-USB cable (USB-A to micro USB-B) which will allow you to charge and sync your iPhone/iPod Touch while the GPS module is plugged in (either at home or on the road).
- A smart keychain is currently in development that will extend the functionality of the iGPS360 module in such a way that the module can also be used on any laptop or desktop computer that has a USB port. The keychain will also allow for easy and safe storage of the iGPS360 module on your keychain when not in use. The keychain will be sold separately.
The module costs $75.00 and can be pre-ordered from Orange Gadgets at the link below