September 30, 2022
New MacBooks Disable PwnageTool??

New MacBooks Disable PwnageTool??

Posted November 4, 2008 at 4:35pm · 11 comments · Add Comment
ALEX
ALEX - November 6, 2008 at 3:15pm
I have not been able to pwn with my new macbook. I did 2 unpwned phones, with out the dfu mode when i tried installing the pwned firmware it errored. however a already pwned phone no problems installing a pwned firmware.
quattro
quattro - November 6, 2008 at 3:07am
Apologies, forgot to mention that even 2G iphones could not be unlocked with the QuickPwn or Pwnage through the iTunes 8.0.1. That is, perhaps, even more important to know.
quattro
quattro - November 6, 2008 at 3:05am
This issue has been known for quite some time since the iTunes 8.0.1 has been released and it would not allow QuickPwn or Pwnage tools to jailbreak a 3G iPhone regardless. Only if older versions of iTunes were used, everything was well and as expected. I do own a new MacBook, but have not even tried to use Pwn tools with that - not so much because it is a new MacBook, but because I knew it would not work with iTunes 8.0.1. anyway. In short, I do not believe the issue discussed has anything to do with the new laptops as such, but with the current version of iTunes which was released well before the new MacBook and MacBookPro.
LAGARTO
LAGARTO - November 5, 2008 at 2:21pm
SHIT iPhone, NOKIA 5800 is VERY SUPERIOR, change and no more locked phone!
egoste
egoste - November 5, 2008 at 3:13am
Os X build is different in new MB/MBP's, possibly due USB/nVidia chip change. This might cause the "DFU problem" and then it's bug in new build. Hopefully this is fixed in next Os X update :-)
n41
n41 - November 5, 2008 at 12:38am
actually, DFU mode works excellent through quickpwn. You'll have trouble with DFU mode through itunes as it may give you the common error 1600. If you do still get that error, switching between DFU and restore mode will eventually make it work, but the problem is with this new macbook, quickpwn wont recognize it in DFU....so that kinda gets ride of the entire thing eh
saoran
saoran - November 5, 2008 at 12:28am
this is the first time iClarified posted the 'late' news, this issue has been reported about a week ago, even in my local region site..
David
David - November 4, 2008 at 10:52pm
I stopped using DFU mode with the latest update. I just ran the Pwnage update without all the hassle. Why isn't this common knowledge?
msbaylor
msbaylor - November 4, 2008 at 10:18pm
Dammit Apple. I don't see why Apple has a stick up thier butts regarding jailbroken iPhones. We bought the iPhone, now just let us do what we want with it... It's like a computer, I can put whatever the hell I want on it...or maybe not...anymore...
Aaron
Aaron - November 4, 2008 at 9:54pm
iTunes 8 put a stop to DFU mode with PWNAGE, Restore mode and shift+restore is the trick