CheckUp is first designed to monitor the usage of CPU, Memory, Disk Drives and Network Adapters. You can display detailed information about all running processes and pause or terminate these at any time. By adding rules that will be triggered when certain conditions are met for a specified resource on the computer, you can receive visual notifications.
For example, CheckUp can alert you when a certain resource exceeds a certain value or when a hard drive seems to have hardware failures, even when the application is not opened (thanks to an innovative background process and the use of S.M.A.R.T technology). CheckUp can also help you to determine if your computer is able to run Mac OS X Leopard or determine if your computer have enough memory to run all your Applications at the same time.
The graphical user interface is designed with a top priority on high usability in mind. Unlike other competing products it takes a very short time to setup your environment. CheckUp is lightning-fast on the latest Intel-based Macs. One of the most innovative feature of CheckUp is the ability to monitor a Mac on a network or via internet. It's a powerful feature for IT administrators interested to check a remote computer or a remote server.
What's new with version 2.0:
* Improved user interface (with a new default color)
* New function to test the memory and detect bad components
* New function to optimize the performance of your computer
* New documents tab view
* New function to find duplicate files
* New function to see how many files you have per type and the related app.
* Totally redesigned system view
* Improved uninstall function (more items can be uninstalled)
* Redesigned wireless network detector
* New possibility to export a report of your Mac (not yet finished)
* Possibility to quit all applications with one click
* Many other small improvements
The final version is planned for January 4, 2009. A license of CheckUp is available for $29 (USD) only. All customers purchasing a license of the current version will receive the new version for free.