The new version simplifies the workflow installation, streamlines the process of sending files to BatchOutput Server and offers basic preflighting before output.
Once the BatchOutput Server Workflow is installed, the operators stop wasting their time on waiting for InDesign to output files. The output process is taking place on the BatchOutput Server workstation. BatchOutput Server also contains a single set of output settings for an entire workgroup, eliminating the need to set up and maintain the settings on each workstation.
BatchOutput Server Workflow is extremely simple and easy to use - that's how it works, at a glance:
* BatchOutput Server is installed on a dedicated station and runs absolutely unattended.
* Users choose the Submit to BatchOutput Server command instead of Print or Export.
* The document with its fonts is copied to the selected BatchOutput Server hotfolders.
* BatchOutput Server automatically outputs files according to the hotfolder settings (such as hi-res PDF, laser print etc.)
* The fonts are automatically activated.
* Users check the output status from their own stations with the supplied Monitor application - there's no need to walk up to the Server station.
BatchOutput Server also offers e-mail notifications during processing, detailed logs and automatic error handling, variable output file names, automatic link updating and more.
Pricing and Availability:
BatchOutput Server runs on Mac OS X 10.4.2 or later (including Leopard), a Universal Binary, and works with Adobe InDesign CS/CS2/CS3/CS4. Files can be submitted from both Mac and PC computers. BatchOutput Server can be purchased for an introductory price of $499.95 from the Zevrix Solutions website, as well as from authorized resellers.